Thunderstorms (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 926
Genre: Fluff, Crack
Summary: What's so scary about thunderstorms?
AN: I've missed my GRi fluff ^^ I've been in a really good mood since my BB boys won the EMAs... and I saw all the GRi that followed!

JiYong was sitting in the living room, unconsciously poking and pulling at the maknae—who was muttering under his breath and whining—when they heard the telltale signs of thunder. A second later, the room lit up briefly as lighting struck.

JiYong looked up distractedly and glanced out the window, seeing the rain begin to pour furiously from the angry black clouds thick in the sky. SeungRi, however, had a much different reaction. He’d stiffened from his spot on JiYong’s lap and stared wide-eyed at JiYong. For a moment, JiYong mistook him for a deer caught in the middle of the road.

“SeungRi, what’s the matter?” JiYong questioned worriedly.

There was a second of indecision before SeungRi recovered, smiling weakly at his hyung. “Oh, no-nothing. Nothing’s wrong,” he assured, something that was disproved immediately by his higher than usual voice and the twitchiness of his eyes.

JiYong frowned. “Come on, you can tell me,” he prodded, nudging SeungRi. But SeungRi just shook his head quickly.

“Uhm, where are the others? Shouldn’t they be home by now?” SeungRi asked hastily. JiYong wasn’t fooled by SeungRi’s questions, but played along anyway.

“Well, SeungHyun’s in his room and Bae’s hanging with SeungHyun… it’s only Dae who’s still at the stu— Okay, what is wrong with you?” JiYong demanded exasperatedly as SeungRi flinched visibly as thunder shook above them once more, this time louder. The rain hit hard as hail against their window.

“Nothing!” squeaked SeungRi, but he clutched harder to JiYong’s shirt and ducked his head into the crook of JiYong’s neck. “Nothing, I’m fine, I’m fine!”

JiYong had just opened his mouth to reply testily when another rumble of thunder and a flash of lightning plunged the room into darkness as all electricity shut off.

“What—Aish, the power’s out! God damnit…” JiYong continued cursing softly while attempting to dislodge SeungRi. “SeungRi, get off of me for a sec, I gotta go find a flashlight or candle or something… SeungRi, seriously, let go of me!” JiYong grumbled as he had to forcibly pry SeungRi’s hands from his shirt. “Jeez, what is wrong with you today?”

JiYong stood up and was immediately disoriented. He couldn’t see a thing and could only barely feel SeungRi’s leg pressed up against his from the couch. “Wait, where am I—ow! OW, GODDAMNIT, THAT DAMN TABLE!” JiYong yelled as he moved a few inches forward and promptly slammed his toes into the coffee table’s wooden leg. JiYong collapsed onto the couch (actually, he collapsed onto SeungRi), in pain and clutching at his foot.

“SeungRi, you go get the damn flashlight, I can’t move and I’m sure as hell not getting up again and risk bashing myself against something else… better you than me,” JiYong griped from his position on top of the maknae. He rolled over to the side and freed SeungRi. But SeungRi had no intention of moving.

“Well, aren’t you gonna get a move on? It’s dark in here!” hurried JiYong when SeungRi remained frozen on the couch.

“Uh, hyung, can- can I not go?” SeungRi squeaked quietly.

“What? Why not? You’re the able bodied one here!”

“I, uh, I don’t want to.”

“What do you mean, you don’t want to?” JiYong’s voice was punctuated by the thunder above.

“I’m—I’m scared…” muttered SeungRi so quietly JiYong didn’t quite catch it.

“You’re what?”

“I, uh, I’m sc-scared.”

JiYong hesitated for a moment. “… of what?”

JiYong’s question was answered almost instantly as a particularly loud crash of thunder sounded from above and SeungRi all but jumped into JiYong’s arms.

“Wait… are you telling me you’re scared of thunderstorms?!” JiYong exclaimed incredulously before bursting out into loud, raucous laughter. “HA! That is so you! I can’t believe it!” JiYong doubled over and SeungRi hit him not-so-gently.

“Yah, stop laughing at me! It’s not my fault!” whined SeungRi sulkily. “It’s not the rain so much… it’s the thunder… and it’s all dark…” SeungRi sighed as his words only made JiYong laugh harder. “See, this is why I never told you!”

This shut JiYong up. “Wait, the others know?”

SeungRi nodded—not that JiYong saw it. “Yeah, whenever it thunders out one of the other members always stays with me… I remember last time it was night and SeungHyun-hyung slept with me because you weren’t there.”

“What!?” spluttered JiYong, outraged. “He slept with you?! That motherfu—”

“He didn’t do anything,” replied SeungRi, rolling his eyes. “He’s just my best friend… besides, he’s taken.”

“Oh, so now you’re all interested in if he’s taken now are you?” JiYong griped, not helping the jealousy that irrationally filled him.

“Hyung, you’ve met his girlfriend.”

“… That doesn’t matter!”

“Oh, relax hyung. If it makes you happy, I would rather have had you with me instead of SeungHyun-hyung, but you weren’t home that night so it’s your fault.”

“My fault?!”

“Shut up, hyung. Nothing happened. I love you.”

JiYong frowned mutinously. “I love you, too. But I’m not happy.”

SeungRi couldn’t help but smile and giggle at his jealous boyfriend. “Well, then why don’t you make up for it? Screw the flashlight; let’s just stay here for the night… together.”

“What, on the couch?”

“Mhm. Unless you’d rather the floor…”

“Ah, shut up maknae. And don’t worry; hyung will keep you safe from all the scary monsters waiting in the dark—”

“Shut up.”

JiYong smiled and snuggled with his SeungRi closer, keeping his word and protecting him from the darkness of the room for the rest of the night—never mind that the rain had already stopped.