Nighttime Wanderings (TOPRi, GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Genre: Fluff, Humour
Word Count: 958
Summary: Seunghyun watches Seungri sleep... not in that way!
AN: Written at one in the morning, half-asleep, entranced by a gif of Seungri in 1N2D waking up adorably. Please excuse the randomness. Celebration!fic for finishing my essay!

SeungHyun shuffled into the kitchen blearily with a frown on his face. JiYong looked up from his notebook in surprise, his mouth dropping open.

“Hyung?! You’re up?!” JiYong gaped and stole a glance at the clock. 6:25 in the morning. He looked back at SeungHyun concernedly.

“Unfortunately,” mumbled SeungHyun. “I couldn’t sleep—my room’s too damn cold.” JiYong frowned, he was sure SeungHyun’s room wasn’t colder than any of the others, and he doubted that temperature would keep SeungHyun from his precious sleep.

“Well...” JiYong trailed off, looking around the room in confusion. “Since you’re up, could you go get maknae for me? I need his help.” JiYong’s eyes brightened at the name.

“Whatever,” groaned SeungHyun, already on his way to SeungRi and DaeSung’s shared bedroom. JiYong stared after SeungHyun, wondering if maybe he was delirious from staying up all night writing. He rubbed his eyes roughly and looked at the paper filled with his messy scrawls in front of him. What a morning.

---

SeungHyun pushed the door to the bedroom open slightly, peering into the darkness. He noticed DaeSung pushed up against one side of the room, nearly plastered to the wall, while SeungRi occupied the opposite half of the room. He rolled his eyes—the awkwardness between the two maknaes was unfathomable to him as he liked both equally and he could see them being close friends if it weren’t for the barrier between them.

SeungHyun crept into the room until he reached SeungRi’s bedside. SeungRi’s bed looked like someone else had been sharing it quite recently—JiYong, no doubt. SeungHyun shook his head and snorted mentally at the leader’s strange fascination with the maknae, especially his habit of sneaking into SeungRi’s bed with the sole purpose of squeezing him within an inch of death so he could sleep. Of course, looking down at SeungRi’s sleeping form; SeungHyun could sort of see the appeal.

SeungRi’s blanket had been thrown off of him—probably because of his unconscious thrashing in JiYong’s arms—and his skinny frame shivered lightly from the exposure. SeungRi’s sleeping face was peaceful—with none of the cocky charm he was too famous for—and calm, though SeungHyun was amused at the permanent pout on his face. SeungRi looked remarkably like a sleeping child, probably because he was one.

He went to bed shirtless, SeungHyun noted, as SeungRi was dressed in nothing but an old pair of Superman boxers that left little to the imagination. SeungHyun hastily twitched the blanket higher, covering the maknae’s private parts.

The movement seemed to stir SeungRi; he twitched and murmured something under his breath. SeungHyun was about to reach out and shake SeungRi awake when SeungRi suddenly shifted so he was on his back. His arms lifted about an inch like he was searching for something and the word hyung slipped out of his mouth loudly. SeungHyun froze. He quickly looked around him—as if there might have been some other hyung SeungRi was talking to—and realized that SeungRi was still asleep, he had spoken in his sleep.

Hyung,” said SeungRi again, this time his arms were more persistent, as though determined to find another body—most likely JiYong’s—beside him. SeungRi’s bottom lip pushed out farther, deepening his pout, when he found nothing beside him. SeungHyun hesitated before deciding that he couldn’t possibly awaken something so cute and grinned softly to himself. He looked around again—making sure DaeSung was still fast asleep—before succumbing to his desires and slipping into bed with SeungRi. He sighed as he was immediately enveloped in warmth and felt a warm haze of sleep begin to creep up on him.

He started a bit when SeungRi’s skinny arms reached over SeungHyun’s torso and held on tightly in an unconscious embrace. SeungHyun looked down when SeungRi sighed happily and moved to rest his head on SeungHyun’s chest, a slight smile on his face. SeungHyun was suddenly struck by a mental image of himself becoming a human pillow in a manner of seconds. He debated for a moment his next course of action before deciding that he was too tired to do anything at all. He let his head fall back on SeungRi’s pillow and was slowly lulled to sleep to the sound of SeungRi’s light breathing when...

What the hell are you doing?!” hissed a voice in SeungHyun’s ear. His eyes flew wide open in fear as all thoughts of sleep flew out the window. “I told you to wake him, not get in bed with him!” SeungHyun felt something prod his side sharply, and he whipped his head to the side to face the sight of an extremely angry Leadah glaring at him.

“I was just—I—” SeungHyun began, but was cut off when JiYong suddenly seized SeungHyun’s arm and started to bodily pull him out of SeungRi’s bed. “JiYong! Stop it--!”

“Get... out!” JiYong heaved, tugging forcefully so that SeungHyun all but fell out of the bed. JiYong’s hand immediately pushed against his back, shoving him towards the door.

“JiYong, what the hell?” SeungHyun managed before JiYong pushed him out of the room and slammed the door shut in his face. SeungHyun stood frozen at the door for a moment before blinking rapidly and shaking his head. He turned slowly and began to make his way back to his own bed. Dreaming, he bemoaned to himself, I must be dreaming.

---

“Hyung—wha—?” SeungRi choked out when he was suddenly seized around the waist by a pair of strong, familiar arms. JiYong only held him tighter and snuggled into his rightful place by SeungRi’s side. SeungRi gave up after a few seconds and immediately fell back asleep again—albeit breathing a little heavier than before.

 

AN: And there you have it! This will be the last update (unless I write more, but I've been lazy and haven't been writing many drabbles...)! At least I ended it on a warm, fluffy, GRi note, eh? :)

Thanks to everyone who read even one of my fics, to everyone who's stuck through the whole 67 fics, to everyone who subscribed (sorry I don't thank you individually, I know some people do that), to everyone who commented, to everyone who commented religiously (you know who you are... actually, everyone does if they just look down at the comments...), and thanks to everyone who's made my transition here to AFF quite simple. Sorry I'm not here as much as I am on LJ, but still!

Here are a few other things I'm working on: Letting Go (chaptered, on AFF), Home Is Where the Heart Is (at my LJ, chaptered), Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder (oneshot, WIP, priority fic), Bond-Fate (on AFF, chaptered), and probably some oneshots or whatever.

Now, I'm tired, and going back to bed! Thanks again for reading/commenting/subscribing, I appreciate it all!