Valentine's Day Drabbles - 6

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

GDYB (I enter your arms and I'm home.)

 

“So how’s Japan been?”

YoungBae smiles as he pokes at his ramen noodles, picking up the label and trying to decipher the Japanese so he knows how long to wait before eating. “It’s cool. The fans are really nice and the food is amazing. SeungHyun-hyung would be jealous.”

YoungBae listens to JiYong chuckle on the phone and feels a pang of loneliness. It’s been a few months since he’s returned to Korea and being apart from your boyfriend for that long really takes its toll after a while. “I bet he would. But he’s pretty distracted by SeungRi right now.”

Now that was something YoungBae wouldn’t have seen coming. It had taken him a few days before he believed JiYong when he announced the two SeungHyun’s new relationship. “Yeah, well, bully for them. I just can’t wait until I’m home.”

“Home? What for?”

YoungBae rolls his eyes at JiYong’s teasing tone. “To see you, idiot,” he plays along, deciding that it’s been long enough and that he can start in on his noodles now.

JiYong sighs. “Or maybe you just want to catch up on all the drama episodes you missed. Like that Flower Boy one you wanted to watch? The last episode was hilarious—

“Oh, shut up,” teased YoungBae. “I can get all that here. What I can only get at home is you.”

“You’re damn right,” said JiYong cheerfully. All of a sudden, YoungBae hears horns honking from the other end.

“Are you going somewhere?” he asks, raising an eyebrow and hoping JiYong’s on his Bluetooth.

“What? Oh, yeah. Actually, I gotta go. Talk to you later?”

“Oh, alright. Later, babe.”

“Love you.”

YoungBae pressed End and resumes eating, somehow feeling better and worse after his conversation with JiYong. He missed the other man terribly, yet the sound of his voice never failed to make YoungBae smile and remember all the happy memories they’d shared together.  Like their one-year anniversary today. Of course JiYong had been cheesy enough to make it on Valentine’s Day as well.

It was later, when YoungBae was washing his dishes, that someone began hammering on his door.

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock!

YoungBae raised an eyebrow and stared at his door, wondering if the fan girls had actually managed to find his apartment this time.

“Who is it?” he called, purposely lowering his voice an octave.

“Bae? Is that you? Boy oh boy, do you sound different on the phone or what?” replied an extremely familiar voice.

YoungBae gaped, taking a step back and leaning on the wall behind him. “J-Ji? Is that you?”

“Well, duh. How many rude people do you know that would come pounding at your door like this?” YoungBae could hear the smirk in JiYong’s voice.

He ran to the door immediately and flung it open, revealing a pink leather clad JiYong who was grinning delightedly, holding a bouquet of flowers and two balloons. “Ji! It really is you!” YoungBae gasped. He ran into JiYong’s outstretched arms and held on tightly, losing himself in JiYong’s embrace.

“’Course it is. Do you really think I’d miss our anniversary just because you’re in Japan? I think not. Though I think you would have preferred to have gone home instead, I’m sor—”

YoungBae pulled back to roll his eyes at his silly boyfriend. “Please. I don’t care about that, all I want is you. Right here in your arms is home enough for me.”

“ Happy Valentine’s Day.”