Valentine's Day Drabbles - 7

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Top/Seungri (First Kisses.)

 

At age ten, SeungRi made Valentine’s Day cards for every kid in his class, colouring in the little hearts and smiley faces all by himself and baking cookies with his mother’s help. Twelve year old SeungHyun stayed home from school, claiming that ‘all of the pink made him want to puke’. Later, he’d run away from SeungRi because SeungRi obviously had cooties from all the girls and would refuse to play with SeungRi until he’d washed himself.

At age twelve, SeungRi bought a package of candy hearts and spent half the night picking out the best messages to put into little pouches that he’d deliver to the girl next door that had the curly hair and pretty dresses. SeungHyun would later mock SeungRi when he saw the two of them holding hands on her front porch, sharing the candies, and then demand SeungRi give him candy too.

At age fourteen, SeungRi would spend the whole day at the park with his girlfriend of two years, sharing a picnic he’d put together and then exchanging gifts. SeungRi’d give her a huge panda bear and sing her a song he’d spent three weeks learning, not minding much when she laughed at him for utterly failing and praising the card she’d made him. SeungHyun would be across town, in a cafe with his own girlfriend, wondering if SeungRi was having as miserable a time as he was.

At age sixteen, SeungRi would show up at midnight at SeungHyun’s window, tears struggling to stay unshed. SeungHyun would patiently listen to SeungRi explaining that his girlfriend had dumped him, how his girlfriend had been cheating on him for three years with someone else and he’d never known. SeungHyun would draw SeungRi into his arms and hold the younger boy, telling him that there were other fish in the sea and other cheesy sayings he’d picked up over the years. SeungRi would snort and punch SeungHyun in the shoulder, sniffling a little.

Then SeungRi would say ‘Why couldn’t all girls be like you?’

At age eighteen, SeungHyun would arrive at SeungRi’s house with a bouquet of pipe cleaners and a box of cheese and crackers, making SeungRi crack up at the obviously planned romantic gesture. Though they had only begun their romantic relationship a few weeks ago, they’d been childhood friends, so they were close enough already that normal Valentine’s Day conventions didn’t really apply to them. They’d spend the whole day together doing the most non-Valentine’s Day activities they could think of, and before they knew it, the day had passed and night had fallen.

And on that special Valentine’s Day, SeungRi and SeungHyun would share their first kiss, not knowing that it was the first of a lifetime to come.

 

AN: Happy Valentine's Day from me :) No GRi (because there was no GRi prompt...) but I hope you like 'em anyway! Also, for those waiting for BEB, GOOD NEWS! I finished it with 6500 words! Just gotta wait till it comes back from my beta and it'll be posted! Thanks again!