Nightmare (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Fluff/Crack
Summary: Seungri has a nightmare.
AN: Very crack-ish and written in 15 minutes xD clueless!ji and innocent!ri :)

JiYong is on the verge of some much-needed sleep when he is startled awake from an unexpected knock on his door. However, it only takes him a second to figure who it was, and it makes him groan audibly while shoving his head under his pillow, trying to pretend that SeungRi wasn’t actually knocking on his door at 3 in the morning. But SeungRi’s always been stubborn and doesn’t take no (or, in this case, ignoring) for an answer.

“HYUNG! ARE YOU AWAKE?” SeungRi asks slowly, as though JiYong had somehow lost a hundred IQ points in the past 5 hours. “HYUNG!” Still more knocking. SeungRi doesn’t bother keeping his voice down because it’s only him and JiYong in their shared apartment anyway. This annoys JiYong to no end; he makes a mental note to ask Manager-hyung if he could switch roommates with Taeyang. Stick the two awkward maknaes of the group together and you get yourself a quiet apartment.

“DAMMIT, RI!” JiYong yells before getting out of bed and, with his blanket wrapped his waist and trailing on the floor, unlocks and opens the door to his room. “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT AT 3AM?!” he yells, eyes squinting against the harsh hallway light.

There’s a slight pause before SeungRi says very quietly, “...I had a nightmare.” This makes JiYong force his eyes open and checking SeungRi anxiously for some sign of a mental breakdown. The first thing JiYong notices, however, is that... SeungRi is in his boxers. And nothing else. JiYong tries to keep his eyes from bulging as he stares at his shirtless band mate, and then hastily averting his eyes and coughing.

“Erm... uh... why are you...er... undressed, maknae?” JiYong asks, looking awkwardly in all directions except directly in front of him.

“Well, when I woke up I was covered in sweat (JiYong shudders at this mental image, WTF is wrong with him?! This is maknae!), so I just took off the sweaty clothes... and...er... Well this is awkward, isn’t it?” SeungRi says, finally realizing the full extent of his almost-ness. JiYong sighs before taking the blanket that he took from the bed and draped it around the maknae (somewhat unwillingly).

“Yes, Ri, very awkward,” JiYong states sarcastically before returning to the point. “You had a nightmare, huh? I guess that means you wanna sleep with me, right?” (...Why do I feel very excited about this thought...)

SeungRi coughs and mutters, “I don’t want to sleep with you, I just wanted a hug...”, but JiYong pretends not to hear him and drags the boy into his room and pushing him onto the bed.

“...Actually, hyung, I don’t—”

“Shh, shh, shh, SeungRi, there’s not going to be anymore nightmares,” JiYong coos, making himself comfortable, assuming the all-too-familiar position that JiYong and SeungRi had slept in from their early days, spooning, with JiYong’s arms and legs wrapped tightly around the maknae’s body.

And JiYong fell asleep faster than he had in weeks (years), catching up on his Z’s. And SeungRi had no more nightmares that night, as promised. However, he did have a completely OTHER type of dream that would make things very awkward come morning. But that’s another story to tell, and for now, SeungRi sleeps like the baby he is.