What Is Right (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Fluff
Summary: Jiyong finds out what is right and what is wrong.
AN: This turned out longer than I expected D: It's 2000+ words long! Starts as crack but then moves into pure fluff. I didn't get Seungri quite right, but Jiyong... I love him in this fic! <3
 

JiYong has always hated his bedroom. Always. Well, anyone would if their room was right next to the bathroom and you shared it with 4 other guys. It gets really awkward after a while.

But JiYong has never been this frustrated and annoyed before. Never. JiYong is on the verge of finishing a song that he’s been working on for months, the longest he’s ever taken. And he’s almost done. He would be done, except that JiYong had to stop every few seconds to bang his head on his desk and try to pull out his hair. Because he can’t take it anymore.

WHY did SeungRi have to take a shower at that exact moment? Why on earth did SeungRi feel the need to sing. It wasn’t even good singing, it was just loud and obnoxious wailing. Although JiYong has heard it a million times and danced to it a million more, JiYong doesn’t think he can handle hearing it one more time.

TELL ME WHAT IS RIGHT, AND WHAT IS WROOOONG! WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG?!!!!”

“ARGHHH!” Not (bang). Again (bang). JiYong’s head is quite sore now, from both physical pain and a searing headache that got worse with every verse.

“WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WROOOONG?!” Bang, bang, bang, bang. JiYong lifts his head from his desk, a sheet of lyrics stuck to his forehead. His fists clench and he knows that if he hears it one more time...

“WHAT IS RIGHT—” JiYong stands up, about to tell SeungRi exactly what is right (beating up annoying maknae’s) and what is wrong (sabotaging a masterpiece in the works). However, he freezes when he hears something crash.

AND WHAT IS WR—Ah!!!” A splash and an echoing crack follows after this scream and then all JiYong can hear is running water and little gasps of pain. JiYong immediately races out of his room and knocks the bathroom door in, probably ruining the lock forever, but JiYong doesn’t care. All he cares about is the boy in the bathtub clutching his arm and whimpering under his breath. SeungRi’s eyes are pressed tight and his jaw is locked, although his lips quiver from trying not to cry. JiYong crouches down next to SeungRi and shuts the water off. At the sudden loss of water, SeungRi opens his eyes to see what is going on.

“Hy-ung,” SeungRi moans, peering blearily at the concerned boy kneeling next to him. JiYong brushes the hair off SeungRi’s forehead and presses his hand onto SeungRi’s cheek.

“Shh, don’t worry, Ri. It-it’s going to be all right.” As JiYong spoke this, SeungRi closes his eyes again and JiYong can see thin streams of tears racing down his cheeks.

“YoungBae! Call for an ambulance!” JiYong screams out the bathroom door. At once, YoungBae comes running, an oven mitt on one hand and a spatula in the other. At the sight of JiYong’s anxious face, YoungBae drops the spatula and grabs a phone, racing over to the bathroom. Once he reaches the bathroom, he calls for the ambulance as JiYong rapidly explains what happened. SeungRi’s not crying anymore, but he’s deathly silent.

SeungRi’s eyes are open, but they’re not focused, and it scares JiYong. “Yah! Maknae!” JiYong waves his hand in front of SeungRi’s face and lightly slapping his cheek, to no response.

“I think he’s in shock, JiYong,” YoungBae guesses. “The hospital says that the ambulance will be here in 15 minutes and not to move him.”

15 minutes?! What the hell is taking them so long?!”

“JiYong...”

“SeungRi is hurt, goddammit!” JiYong’s eyes are fevered and all thoughts of his song are gone from his mind. JiYong shrieks when SeungRi’s eyes close and don’t reopen.

SeungRi! SeungRi, wake up!” screams JiYong. YoungBae has to physically restrain him from shaking SeungRi senseless.

“He collapsed, JiYong, he didn’t die. We need to stay calm.” YoungBae firmly states. From their position on the bathroom floor, they can hear the faint sounds of a siren. JiYong relaxes slightly as he knows help is here. But only just a little.

SeungRi is taken to the hospital and is scheduled for surgery. It’s only minor, standard procedure for broken bones, but JiYong treats it like it’s the kind of surgeries that only have a 1% chance of survival or something. It takes two doctors, 5 nurses and several cups of hot coffee before JiYong is calm enough to be coherent. And then, he waits on the little wooden bench outside the operating room all night, anxiously twisting his hands round and round, trying not to become impatient. And failing miserably.

The other members arrive one by one, DaeSung rushing to the hospital midway through his activities, SeungHyun cutting his night of drinking with his friends short as he races over. The four members of BIGBANG congregate in a tight circle, anxiously worrying about SeungRi. YG has cancelled the interview they had scheduled for the next day so SeungRi has the full day to rest with BIGBANG, but after that, it’ll be just the four of them, SeungRi unable to dance with his broken arm. They’ll have to promote their new single without him, and the issue is making all of them depressed.

The rest of the members leave after a while, as there wasn’t enough room for all of them to stay at the hospital for the rest of the night. YoungBae was willing to stay with maknae, but JiYong firmly refused to leave the hospital, so YoungBae left with the others.

A few hours later, SeungRi is wheeled out of the operating room and JiYong feels as though he can finally breathe again, watching the steady rise and fall of SeungRi’s chest and the steady beeping of SeungRi’s heart from the machine. JiYong tries as hard as he can, but he falls asleep after some hours pass, body hunched in a chair next to the hospital bed, both hands firmly clutching one of SeungRi’s.

---

When SeungRi wakes, he has no recollection of what happened last night and is panicked as to why he didn’t recognize where he was. He registers the IV hanging from behind his bed and the heart monitor beeping away and is about to call for the nurse in a panic when he realizes he can’t move his arm, someone was grabbing his hand. He takes in the form of his leader, JiYong, sleeping in a chair with his hands around SeungRi’s.

SeungRi’s confusion was forgotten for a moment as smiled gently at the sight. JiYong looked so endearing like that, so innocent without layers of makeup on his face to transform him into the fearless and ulzzang leader of BIGBANG, G-Dragon. In fact, SeungRi rather liked this look above all others, preferred it over the trendy, weirdly shaped clothes and strikingly dyed hair that was a signature trademark of JiYong’s. This raw, unaltered and imperfect face looked absolutely perfect to SeungRi, JiYong’s messy bed-head more y than any spiky, highly gelled hairstyle could be. SeungRi blushes at his own thoughts, embarrassed at the way he admired and adored his hyung so unabashedly.

He pulls at the hands holding his, trying to pull gently, but at the slight movement, JiYong’s eyes flickered and then immediately widened when he realizes that SeungRi is awake. As in, NOT DEAD. And that’s enough reason for JiYong to forget that SeungRi just had surgery and to pounce on him and hug him until he’s huffing for breath.

“Ri! You’re alive!” JiYong exclaims gleefully, totally awake, which is surprising for someone who requires three alarm clocks and one very grumpy manager to get up every morning.

“...Yeah, hyung,” SeungRi says, a clear ‘duh’ in his voice.

“Yah!” JiYong exclaims, suddenly angry. “What is wrong with you?! How could you scare me like that?!” JiYong scolds a confused looking maknae. “Your arm, SeungRi! You broke your stupid arm!”

At this, SeungRi quickly looks at his arm and his horrified to see a big, bulky plaster cast entombing what used to be, in his opinion, one very hot arm.

Oh my God. , hyung! My arm!”

“Watch your language, Ri. And don’t go complaining to me, it was your own fault, you know.”

“How was it—”

“Who told you to go around dancing, and singing, in the shower? You stupid !” SeungRi blushes; suddenly recalling his late night shower and how he had been trying to annoy his hyung enough so that he’d come running (not that SeungRi’d ever admit that). JiYong continues to rant at SeungRi for a bit before he realizes that SeungRi isn’t arguing back at him like he expects. Instead of a stubborn “I’m Innocent” look on SeungRi’s face, SeungRi’s face is ashen and dejected.

“I’m sorry, hyung.”

“...and irresponsible and... wait, what?” JiYong trails off as he realizes that SeungRi is actually apologizing.

“I said I’m sorry. For ruining everything.” A tear slips discreetly down his cheek, which SeungRi brushes away vigorously. JiYong softens, not really knowing what to do.

“Er... it’s okay, SeungRi. It wasn’t—”

“Yeah, it was, hyung. If it wasn’t for me being so selfish (Selfish? JiYong thought), God, if I’d stop doing such stupid things... We had to cancel that interview today, right? Damnit! Why can’t I do anything right?”

JiYong sits by the bed thinking that SeungRi’s blowing things way out of proportion. It was an accident. It could have happened to anybody (except that SeungRi’s the only one who would dance in the shower). All of a sudden, JiYong’s pretty sure SeungRi’s not talking about his arm anymore.

“Ri. It’s okay. It was just an accident. No one blames you, YG’s not pissed... that much.” JiYong shakes his head, what the hell am I even saying? Clearly not the right things, because SeungRi just looks disbelieving and sarcastic.

“Look, maknae, don’t blame yourself. It’s kind of like a job requirement, you’re gonna have to do stupid things once in a while. But that’s not who you are, it’s not what the fans or anyone else think of you. Whenever they see you, they see a precious, adorable boy who wants to grow up too fast, too fast because it means you’re losing your innocence,” JiYong pauses, suddenly speaking quickly with more force and desperation, “And it means I’m getting older too, and it means our time is running out, because one of these days, you’ll grow out of your idolisation for me and realize that I’m just like anybody else, and then you’ll leave me. And then I’ll have no one to bug, or sleep with, or pretend to be annoyed with, and I can’t deal that you’re slipping away from me, and that you could’ve gotten hurt and I’d be left behind knowing I don’t hold you hard enough, and I was really, really worried because you haven’t realised that you’re just as important, and more talented, and more loving, and more trusting, and you’re a better man than I can ever hope to be...”

 JiYong is sobbing now, unable to stop the words that keep tumbling out of his mouth, words that made JiYong understand why he had felt an unfamiliar and unexpected amount of anxiety and worry when he was sitting on his wooden bench outside the operating room... He understands why he is sometimes jealous, sometimes proud, and sometimes cruel when it comes to SeungRi.

... and I haven’t even told you I love you yet, and I don’t hold you enough, and I yell at you too much, and—” Soft, warm lips halt the sweet, anxious ramblings, and SeungRi’s first kiss tastes like salt and it’s sweet, and it’s so JiYong. JiYong, who had not seen it coming, quickly gets over his surprise, letting SeungRi comfort him through the faint whisperings of his mouth whenever they pause for breath, even if all SeungRi says is his name, over and over again, JiYong, JiYong, JiYong.

And for that moment, JiYong knows exactly what is right (this moment) and there couldn’t possibly be anything wrong, nothing at all.