Valentine's Day Drabbles - 5

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

BaeRi (If you were looking for a sign, here it is.)

 

“Yah! YoungBae! Get your maknae off of me!” shouts JiYong, trying unsuccessfully to pry SeungRi away from him.

“Oh, but hyung, you know you love me,” quipped SeungRi, grinning evilly.

“I—DON’T!”

YoungBae walks into their room and raises an eyebrow at the scene before him. JiYong wrestling a clinging SeungRi away with a pencil in his hands, clearly having been working on a song before SeungRi decided to annoy his leader.

“Ah—Bae! Good, you’re here. Get him off of me please.” JiYong tries smacking SeungRi’s arms away, but that only makes SeungRi hold on tighter, clearly enjoying his new game.

YoungBae chuckles. “And what’s in it for me?”

“I don’t know! I’ll buy you dinner!”

“You’ll buy me dinner... for a week.”

“FINE! JUST—OW, SEUNGRI, NO BITING!”

YoungBae grinned and walked over to the fighting boys. “Alright, SeungRi. Time to leave JiYong alone. Go do something else.” Like hang out with me. You never hang out with me, you’re always with JiYong or SeungHyun.

SeungRi pouts, but extricates his limbs from JiYong, who immediately launches away from the kid and grabs his notebook, stalking out of the room cursing under his breath and shooting dark looks at SeungRi. “But what am I supposed to do now?

“Well... you could help with lunch.”

“Oh. Alright. With you?”

YoungBae sighs and restrains himself from throttling SeungRi. “Yes, with me. I always get stuck with lunch duty.”

“Hey, don’t even complain. JiYong sics me  with bathroom duty every week.”

“JiYong-hyung, SeungRi.”

“Yeah, whatever. Hey, can we have grilled cheese? I haven’t had grilled cheese in so long, hyung! Please?” SeungRi begs and of course YoungBae can’t say no now. Damn. And he’d already bought all the ingredients for spaghetti...

“Fine, fine. But you owe me.” YoungBae grins at all the possibilities if SeungRi happened to agree.

“You’re a tricky fellow, aren’t you? First Ji-hyung and now me! Fine.”

“All right, go get the cheese.”

“Yay!” SeungRi whooped and ran out of the room with barely a second glance at YoungBae, who sighed again and shook his head. It seemed that no matter what YoungBae did to get SeungRi’s attention; SeungRi always seemed to miss it.

When YoungBae arrived at the kitchen, he immediately face-palmed at the sight before him. In the span of two minutes, SeungRi had managed to destroy the kitchen and make it look like a tornado had spun through it. Inexplicably, SeungRi’s covered with flour.

“Aish, you idiot!” YoungBae rolls his eyes and yanks a whisk out of a grinning SeungRi’s hands (a whisk. For grilled cheese. Honestly). He begins to pat the flour off of SeungRi’s clothes and out of his hair while SeungRi just stood there unhelpfully.

“Thanks, hyung,” SeungRi chirped when SeungRi was free of any floury remains. YoungBae smacks SeungRi on the head once in good humour before heading towards the sink to wash his hands off. He’s stopped, though, by SeungRi’s hand gripping the back of his shirt.

“Yah—what—”

SeungRi makes a sound of annoyance. “Honestly, hyung, can’t you take a hint? You were supposed to say, ‘Anything for you, SeungRi-yah.’ I put a lot of effort into messing the kitchen up in the tiny amount of time I had and you just brush me off! Jeez, JiYong-hyung really underestimated your people skills.” SeungRi shook his head. “I should have known better then to trust JiYong’s ideas. I should have just asked you out weeks ago!”

“What? Ask me out?” repeats YoungBae unbelievingly. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ve got a crush on you. I’ve been meaning to tell you, but I didn’t know if you felt the same way! So then I asked Ji-hyung for help, and he made up this asinine plan to get you to notice me, but look how well that turned out!” SeungRi pouted and crossed his arms.

“What the hell, SeungRi? Why didn’t you say something? I’ve been meaning to do the same thing for weeks!” YoungBae flapped his arms in agitation—and embarrassment. “But everything I did, you ignored! I kept waiting for some sign that you returned my feelings—”

“Well, if you need a sign, here’s one for ya,” SeungRi interrupted before pressing his lips to YoungBae’s.