Jealousy (GRi, BaeRi, GDYBRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13

Word Count: 713
Genre: Angst
Summary: Jealousy's a lot of things.
AN: Written in 15 minutes because I just got hit by inspiration. I actually love this fic so you guys better be damn well nice to it!


 

Jealousy’s an ugly thing, JiYong decides one day as he sits in his room with a pencil in his hand and a thousand melodies playing in his head and it’s so loud.

But JiYong can still hear the little giggles and screams of laughter coming from just outside the door and he can YoungBae shushing SeungRi and JiYong can hear SeungHyun’s chuckle.

JiYong has the urge to write about boyfriends and best friends and how he wished he had one and thought he had the other.

---

Jealousy’s annoying, concludes YoungBae as his body tries to move to the rhythm of the song, but he keeps getting interrupted, distracted.

SeungRi and JiYong are at it again and SeungRi’s somehow ended up underneath JiYong and is yelling at him to get off! (but not really).

YoungBae sighs heavily and switches off the song and stalks out of the practice room, hoping to find a place where he can dance alone and try (futilely) to lose himself in the music.

---

Jealousy’s painful, realizes JiYong when he feels the sharp twist and pull at his heart as he watches YoungBae and SeungRi and they’re doing far more than just kissing and they don’t even notice the man with a bleeding smile standing in their doorway.

JiYong wonders if painkillers would help him any and that reminds of the time where SeungRi demanded painkillers and YoungBae had been the one with his arm around his shoulders, sharing the boy’s pain.

So JiYong leaves, in search of some miracle drug that will take away this stinging and maybe give him a world where all the SeungRis and JiYongs in the world lived happily ever after and there are no YoungBaes at all. None.

---

Jealousy’s unflattering, YoungBae is informed as the stylist noona curls her lip and snarls at him to focus and to stop glaring so she can just do her job already, what was it about idols these days?

YoungBae tries to look elsewhere but he can see them huddling together in the reflection of the mirror as YoungBae is made perfect for the millions of screaming fans that screamed for his love but didn’t know he didn’t have any left to give to them.

YoungBae grits his teeth and JiYong tells him his eyes look funny, are you getting enough sleep, and YoungBae has enough control to not snap back that he was trying to keep from glaring at him to death.

---

Jealousy’s stupid, sighs JiYong as he concentrates on the steady thump-thump of a heart that belonged to the boy sleeping in his arms. JiYong relaxes to the sound of the calm, non-erratic beat of SeungRi’s heart and ignores the thrumming of his own.

Really, what did he have to worry when all he needed in life was right here and in his control, and no one could ever take SeungRi away from him, ever.

But then SeungRi stirs and the name that comes to his lips is familiar, but not his own. JiYong cries a little and maybe he was wrong, maybe jealousy wasn’t stupid, maybe it was just him.

---

Jealousy’s just not his thing; YoungBae tries to convince himself as this horrible fake smile sits not so pleasantly on his lips as he answers the interviewer without looking at the two boys with their hands entwined beneath the seat.

But his eyes always seem to slide over in their direction and he snaps his head back so often it looks like he has a twitch. The interviewer looks at him nervously and he laughs emptily and rubs his neck. He’s relieved that the question is not directed at him.

YoungBae tries not to think about how jealousy seems to suit him just fine.

---

Jealousy’s a lot of things, bad things that neither JiYong nor YoungBae really want anyway. And JiYong and YoungBae try their hardest to just get rid of it and to just ignore it and to look the other way.

But as long as there are two boys falling ever deeper in love with a panda boy with sleepy eyes and naivety that seems to shine like a beacon above his head, jealousy’s going to have to be one more thing.

A part of their lives.