It's Not Okay (GRi, BaeRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 578
Genre: Angst (I promise, no more angst for a while ;__;)
Summary: Youngbae knows it's not okay.
AN: Drabble I wrote, inspired by another drabble xD Aish, all this GRi angst. Will someone please write some fluff? I would but I'm not a very fluffy person (as you can tell :P)
 

I think maybe I’m the only one who sees. Really sees.

JiYong thinks that SeungRi’s little smile is just for him and he thinks SeungRi’s happy.

But he doesn’t see how wrong and twisted SeungRi’s little smile is. He doesn’t see the clenched teeth beneath those sweet, red lips of his.

SeungRi catches me staring and my eyes flit away from his questioning ones so I can answer whatever question the interviewer just asked. JiYong just sits there with that smirk on his face and thinks that everything is just perfect.

I can’t help but focus on the red stain that was steadily getting bigger on the front of SeungRi’s shirt. He needs help, I think to myself worriedly. He needs to get that bleeding heart of his checked.

---

“I know! We’ll go get ice-cream, ‘kay? We’ll go, just the two of us!”

“I don’t like ice-cream, hyung.”

“Wh—What are you talking about?” A shrill laugh. “You told everyone just a few days ago that you love it and that your favourite flavour was mint-chocolate chip! I remember!” JiYong’s voice is earnest with a tinge of pride, as though remembering SeungRi’s favourite flavour of ice-cream was some huge achievement.

“It was for the cameras, hyung.”

A nervous giggle. “Then what would you like to do, maknae?”

“Nothing.”

It’s not working, Ji. It never does.

---

“Who are you trying to kid, Ji? Can’t you see you’re hurting him?”

JiYong flashes an anxious grin and shifts nervously. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Bae. Everything’s fine, perfect. We’re perfect.”

“Ji...”

“Stop it, Bae,” JiYong says sharply, backing away from me. “Everything’s fine, okay? Okay?” JiYong turns and walks away, barging into SeungRi’s room and immediately begins to cuddle with him, as if he were trying to prove a point.

No, Ji. It’s not. It’s not okay.

---

“Get away from him!” JiYong screeches from the bedroom door, his eyes flashing and fingers clawed.
He rips my arms away and pulls me viciously out of bed, replacing me at once.

Tears leak out of my eyes in despair as I watch JiYong murmuring what he thinks are comforting words into SeungRi’s ears, almost as if he doesn’t notice SeungRi’s sobs or the shaking of his fragile frame. There’s a little, delicate smile on JiYong’s face and it’s clear that JiYong thinks he’s in love, thinks that nothing’s wrong, that everything’s just fine. As if he weren’t holding a breaking boy in his arms, as if he doesn’t realize that he’s the one killing him.

It’s not working. You need to stop. Stop before it’s too late.

---

The laughter rings funny and it sounds artificial to me. The frenzied and crazed look has faded a little from JiYong’s eyes as he watches SeungRi laugh at a joke no one told. He’s laughing too, because it’s all so funny and perfect and SeungRi’s so beautiful when he laughs.

---

JiYong’s bent. At this point, he’s as straight as a freaking circle. He’s messed. It’s all a little heartbreaking.

 He keeps trying to pick up SeungRi’s broken pieces, when all he’s doing is just stepping on them and breaking them even more. I can’t do anything but watch and hope that someday JiYong would just open his eyes and see that SeungRi’s almost bled out.

And anyway, doesn’t JiYong know that even all the king’s horses and all the king’s men never could put Humpty Dumpty back together again?