Surprise, Surprise! (or, A Quartet of Endearment) (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

AN: I realized I never got around to giving you guys that goodbye fic. Well, here it is, I guess? Of course, I end this with fluff in short drabble form!

Here's a recommended list of songs to listen to while reading (or just to listen to in a fluffy mood):

Lovely - Trish Thuy Trang
I Love You Baby - Trish Thuy Trang
Whispers - Trish Thuy Trang
Kiss - TC and Sam Kang
 

Jiyong wakes up in the morning with someone else, another body connected with his, skin against skin, chest to chest. Though Seungri has always, always complained about their strange sleeping arrangement to everybody and their mothers, Jiyong had to smile at the way the younger’s legs were tangled with his, the way Seungri’s arm was flung over Jiyong’s waist in an unconscious embrace, the slight quivering of Seungri’s eyelashes as he dreamed. It was endearing, it was innocent, it was so utterly Seungri.

And no matter how many times he complained, it would be Seungri who would come knocking at one in the morning murmuring about loneliness and nightmares and please hold me.

Seungri watches Jiyong’s artistic fingers as they grip the pencil, painstakingly drawing out each and every note, writing with meticulously clean characters, erasing the words and phrases that didn’t quite match with the rest of the verse. While he watches, he imagines those fingers put to other uses, like when they share the too-small couch on their days off and Jiyong runs his fingers through Seungri’s hair absentmindedly as they watch reruns of an old drama. Like when Jiyong’s fingers ghost their way up Seungri’s bare skin, just teasing, delighting in the delicate goose bumps that he always manages to raise. Like the way those fingers will touch Seungri’s face ever so gently as he lifts it so Jiyong can press butterfly kisses to Seungri’s waiting lips.

But Seungri thinks Jiyong’s fingers look best when they’re intertwined with his own.

Jiyong sits by the kitchen counter; dangling his feet and sitting on a bar stool, waiting patiently for Seungri to finish making lunch for the both of them. He can’t help but feel a little amused by Seungri’s choice of attire—he’s got Daesung’s slippers and socks on, Seunghyun’s fluffy pink pajama bottoms, and he’s stolen Youngbae’s favourite wifebeater. He says it’s because it’s convenient, but Jiyong thinks it’s just Seungri’s misguided way of seeking yet more affection from his hyungs. Which would be a feat in itself, considering how spoiled the youngest was becoming. Sure, he complained about teasing and bullying when on camera, but he also conveniently forgets to tell the public about Daesung lets Seungri watch cartoons with him on Sunday mornings before church, the extra food that Seungri has always been able to wheedle out of Seunghyun Sr., and how Seungri is allowed to steal all of Youngbae’s things without him ever getting mad.

Jiyong won’t complain though, smiling happily as Seungri dishes out two plates of interesting-looking mystery meat and rice. Because Seungri also won’t tell the public about the way Jiyong kisses Seungri good morning and good night, how Jiyong writes songs secretly dedicated to Seungri, how Jiyong will agree to let Seungri walk Gaho with him every other weekend—even if Seungri ends up getting more exercise than the dog. These things he doesn’t mind keeping secret and just between the two of them.

Seungri meets Jiyong on a day where the sun is bright and yet the rain still fell softly from the sky.

He doesn’t meet Jiyong on purpose, of course. It had been entirely coincidental the way Seungri had just happened to have had an umbrella packed away in his backpack, and how he’d been holding it above his head as he fell into step beside the other man as they’d both made their way down the sidewalk. It was also coincidental that Jiyong didn’t seem to have an umbrella of his own, and that they were walking a bit too close than was strictly necessary.

“You don’t have to do that, you know.”

Seungri shook himself out of his thoughts as he realized he was being spoken to. A man with slightly eccentric hair and even stranger clothing was staring at him expectantly. Seungri just look back in confusion until he realized he’d been unconsciously holding the umbrella over both their heads instead of just his own.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” The words came out of Seungri’s mouth automatically, too used to always apologizing for this and that on a fairly regular basis. He blushed when he saw the other man smile at his response, and even more when the other man started chuckling.

“I don’t mind,” is all the other man says.

It happens three more times on that walk, Seungri apologizing and Jiyong chuckling—Seungri doesn’t end up remembering where he’d been headed to in the first place. He finds himself following Jiyong into the tiny diner and having lunch with him, exchanging names and numbers and trying his hardest to stop apologizing for stupid reasons. Jiyong secretly wishes he wouldn’t, because even then, when they’d first met, he’d found the blushing and stumbling maknae unbearably sweet.