Can I...

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

After they had left I got on my phone and texted my two best friends, Yoomi and Jaemi. Yes sir, my two best friends who are Korean and who are the ones that introduced Kpop to me.

'I need to tell them what just happened! This is so awesome that this just had happened! I met Ukiss, sat down with them, had a chat with them, exchanged numbers, and I need to tell someone.' I giggled furiously.

I flipped open my phone and quickly pressed letters to convey my feelings which couldn't be conveyed over text.

Guys! I need to talk to you! Video chat ASAP!!! <3

bzz bzz

JaeMi:

kk hold on girly :)

ring ring

Video Chat Call Invitation from

JaeMi<3Eli:)

I pressed accept.

"Oh my goodness Jaemi..." I spoke like a valley girl, "guess what just happened?!" I squeeled like an obsessed fan girl not even bothering to say hello to my friend.

Jaemi stared at me like I was crazy, "Um... I don't know, wha-"

"UKiss came to my house just now!" I screamed cutting her off not being able to contain it any longer.

"Oh my god," she sighed, "no way, they didn't, what day is it, better not say the first of april!" she joked in disbelief.

"No, I swear to god! They did!" I grabbed a pillow to hug, "Before they left Kevin and Eli gave me their numbers!" I said putting the paper with digits in front of the camera.

"Seriously?" she gave a face that didn't look too convinced.

"I swear," I slowly began, "to Kpop they did," I said saying the 4 words seriously that will make her believe me.

"Wait.. you can't be swearing to Kpop if they didnt!" she pointed to me, "That's against the swearing to Kpop rules... Ah!" she screamed as she flailed around the lunch room.

Ring Ring

Video Chat Call Invitation from

Yoomi+Boyfriend4ever 

I quickly accepted her invite. "So what did you want to tel-"

"UKiss was over at Anna's house!" JaeMi screamed, cutting Yoomi off her sentence before I got to it.

"No way, you guys want to fool me right? I'm not that stupid," she crossed her arms as she said it with the same before look on Jaemi's face, disbelief.

"She swore to Kpop!" Jaemi raised her voice, clearly frustrated.

"You swore to Kpop?!" she screamed towards me. A pause. 

"Ah!" all three of us screamed together.

"We have to post this on Facebook," Yoomi said whipping out her phone.

"No!" I screamed, "I don't like this attention grabbing stuff going online... besides, UKiss entering a fans house doesn't sound too flattering!," I tried my hardest to convince them to put their phones down.

"Well, don't you want people to know that you met them at least?" Jaemi asked.

"Well sure everyone wants others to know, but... I just don't like the idea of that happening," I sighed.

"I guess not then..." JaeMi and Yoomi sighed in sync.

"Good." I let out a breath of relief.

"I can't believe they went to your house!" Yoomi sqealed.

 

 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

 

 

 

 sigh I hate the hospital. I swear.

Every single month I stay over for one night so they can check to see if any of my status's has changed. I sat in my room with the IV in my left hand as I eat my cereal and watch Disney Channel shows. Hey, don't judge. It's far better then the news.

I checked my phone to see if there is any new messages.

Text From Jaemi 

Sent at 3:17 PM

Can you please let me know Eli's number??? Pleasee??

Not again. She texts me everyday asking for his number after I spilt out the fact that I have his digits. I really want to give it to her seeing that she really likes him and all. But... I dont know what she will do with his phone number. his text messages inbox? Call him 24/7? Endless possibilities which I cannot risk.

I turn around to hear mummering, outside of my door. Through the window I see two figures talking. It seems to be my doctor, and one of the nurses. The doctor opens the door and I quickly turn around to seem like I wasn't just looking at them.

"Anna..." he says. I turn around to face him, yet still sitting on my bed.

"Yeah doc?" I say casually. I see him monthly and I guess he's cool cause he allows me to call him odd names.

"I want to talk about your sickness," he told me with a serious face. I rolled my eyes, seeing that the news today is probably the same small talk I get all the time. 'You're doing fine~ You need to keep up with the medication~ Yaddah Yaddah~' I thought as I giggled to myself.

"Uh, sure. Go ahead," I said calmly.

"It seems like you saw me talking with the nurse just now," he said, I squirmed seeing that I was caught looking, "Well, we were discussing how to explain the news for you, she said you were too young to know now, and I declared to her that your ready to know." I looked at him, thinking, this is not good...

 

"You..." he hesitated, "You have around three years left to live," he stared into my eyes apologetically.

"I'm sorry for it to be like this," he stated.

"Haha!" I laughed causing for him to send me a confused look. "Thats a really funny joke, Doc, just make sure to not tell this type of joke to other patients, they might take it seriously!" I laughed nervously waiting for a laugh back.

Silence.

He stared at me as he shook his head slowly, not wanting to repeat the words.

 

 

 

Shock. I stopped eating my cereal and placed my shaking spoon onto the tray.

'What's happening? Three... Three years left? Three years until I'm gone?... Just' I chocked as I thought, 'Three...'

"I will let you be alone for now, and," he placed his hand onto my shoulder, gave a slight squeeze of encouragment, and walked out of the room. Before completely leaving, he turned around and gave one last apology "I am truly sorry."

'I'm going to die in 3 years?' I picked up my phone. I searched my contact list.

Kevin

Call

Message 

Edit Contact

 

I pressed the call button with a shaky hand and placed the phone next to my ear.

ring ring ring

"I'm sorry, the person you are trying to call is not available at the moment, please leave a message after the tone"

beep

"Kevin," I took a deep breath in, "It's um.. It's Anna." I hesitated, "You know when you said if I need anything, to call you? Please call me back soon, Bye." I shut the phone close my eyes. And hope this is a dream.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------