Awkward Meeting With Mister Dongho Shin

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

Korean

English

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I landed in Korea, I did not know what to do. I didn't exactly think through the 'getting off of plane, what do I do now' part. Ottoke! (What should I do!) I spotted a man that has my name on a large poster (in English) wearing a cap and shades. The thoughts of how stupid this person was automatically florished through my brain, seeing how they wore a cap and shades in an airport, maybe they're just another douche trying to look cool. I slowly head over to shady man, unsure of my movements, not knowing who he was and a little afraid. "He looks pretty scrawny for a gangster." I insulted silently as I got closer to him. "What the!" I complained as he suddenly engulfed into this big bear hug which took me at suprise. 

Anna!” the voice sounded quite familiar. Yet, still not sure who it was I decided to give him a sweet lovely, "who are you" stare/ confused look. “It’s me! Kevin!” he said whispering to me as he lifted his cap slightly and lowered his shades to actually make eye contact. What a star.

Kevin?? Omo, what are you doing here?” I comprehended the situation quickly.

I’m here to bring you to your new apartment!” he let go of the hug and gestured the direction to the exit of the airport.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly entered the place I would call home for the next few months, my new apartment. 'Woah' I awed silently. It’s ginormous! It can most likely fit at least two people, not just one person (unless your greedy). I stared at all my items that were convienently placed onto the floor. I gathered up my hair and tied it into a high bun. It's either I get this done now, or I'll get too lazy to do it later.

“Yah, naga (Hey get out),” I sighed to Kevin, giving a hand gesture that signals 'leave', trying to get him out of my new apartment.

“Omo, wae?” he asked pouting like a little child.

I need to organize my stuff!” I said pushing him out the door with all my strength.

He quickly placed his hands on either side of the door around me, “Shiro! (I don't want to!)” he said adding another pout.

I need to clean up!!” I said getting irritated at his usless pouting.

I can help you!” he said with a worried look.

“But that doesn’t mean I’m weak, and that I need you! Now get OUT,” I said giving a final shove and locking the door quickly so he doesn't re-enter.

I scanned around the apartment for a longer time now, exploring each corner, nook and cranny, taking in all the info and planning where I should put everything. After I got a general lay out, I changed into comfortable clothes and got to work.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wah!” I plopped myself onto my newly decrorated queen size bed. The relaxing feeling made me want to just sink into the bed with no worries...

Ding Dong

'Well that ended quickly' I thought.

I slowly got up and the more the doorbell rang, the less I wanted to answer, “Yes?” I said politely as I peeked through the small door slot I had created.

“Annyeohasaeo~~!” a cheery, smiling, woman who looks like she’s in her late twenties said to me, “I am the landlord, please to meet you, here is your key, I hope you will enjoy your stay” she handed me a key, she spoke this korean like she was a nation's MC. She turned around after finishing her one way convo and started to walk away.

Stop!” I screamed grabbing her arm lightly, she gave me a look like I was a crazy woman, “Stop, please, just wait here,” I said giving her the wait sign with my hand. I quickly knocked on UKiss’s door and waited for a response. The door open lightly, *Please be Kevin!* I thought. The door opened slowly, and... it’s Dongho. Great. Ugh, I guess he will do for now.

Dongho! Please, help, me…” I said slowly. I don't think he didn’t understood. I dragged him over to the lady and said “talk” I said slowly. I guess he understood because he started talking to her in Korean. The weird thing was that both of them gave me a look like I was crazy. When they finished talking he turned to face me as the woman walked away.

“Yah…” and he pointed to my outfit while blushing. I suddenly realized I was in my shortshorts and a t-shirt and my panda slippers. 

“Kyah!” I screamed running into my apartment quickly while trying to cover my exposed body. Oh my gosh. I can not believe he saw me in this embarrassing outfit, with the addition of messy hair? Plus it shows a lot of skin, wow Anna, nice first impression. I looked at my palm seeing that I was still holding the key the lady had handed to me. 'I wonder if this is for anything.' I put it onto my coffee table and tried to make my red face go away.

grumble

sigh I’m hungry. I mean, I haven’t eaten for a while now. I quickly changed into a casual and comfortable outfit, for my first time outside alone in Korea. Grabbed my wallet and the random key, just in case, and left the house.

I went downstairs and looked around to see if there is any stores around. There are a few, but I barely know Korean… I walked over to a food stand and saw a guy sitting at the stall with a blue cap, nerd glasses (they’re currently “in”) and a nice style, but I didn’t look too much into it. I saw the delicious food, but I didn’t know how to order it. “Ah, ajjima? Can. I. Eat. This?” I said slowly. She gave me the confused face, I have been getting quite a lot of that face today, and sighed in fustration that no one speaks English here. I just sat there with my hands on my head.

“Ajjuma? Can she have a serving, I’ll pay for her,” the guy next to me said in Korean as he pulled out his wallet. She handed me a plastic bowl with some food in it, I think its called ddoboki? Something like that. The guy next to me handed her the money. “Ah, you didn’t need to pay for me!” I said being sincere, he turned to face me and gave me the confused face, once again, but this time for familiar.

Omo! Dongho?!