New Friend?

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

Korean

English

It’s been around 1 month since I had moved to Korea on the whim. Everything, and I mean everything is just too amazing here! People are so sweet, I feel safe and at home even at midnight in the middle of the club areas. Not that I go every once in a while (hehe). I had learned new words, plus all of UKiss are now my very good friends. They treat me like I'm their younger sister, which I appreciate dearly. Their comeback concert is coming up soon, and obviously I get to tag along because I'm their assistant. I always try helping them with things they need, such as towels, water, make up touch ups, and more. But as their assistant I always end up just standing their and observing! I always refuse saying that it's my job, but they keep their stance pretty strong. I hate how I'm not allowed to do anything, and I always feel guilty for it. Maybe I'll just cook them some dinner. They love to eat take out and that’s not the healthiest thing out there for hard working men. If there was one food they would be able to eat and not get tired of is KFC, Korean Fried Chicken. Oh boy.

 

 

 

I exited the steamy bathroom and began to towel dry my hair. My glasses on the table tell me quite obviously I can't see. I reached my hand into my bag blindly, as I began searching for my moisterizer. 'Here it is!'  I smiled as I took it out my purse and put on my glasses. This wasn't my moisterizer, but my pills. Tears briming my eyes, I remembered what my doctor had told me the last time I saw him and cut him off for good. I opened the bottle abrubtly, pouring the contents into the sink to melt away. 'I don't need this useless thing because I'm going to die whether I like it or not.' I roughly threw it into the trash can as I stormed back into my room.

 

Now in a bad mood, I changed into my outfit and grabbed my purse. I took out my new phone, which I had recently bought. I saw everyone with this model everywhere, so I thought I should get into the bandwagon.

I slided my finger across the screen and began texting.

            Yah, Kevin, dont eat/ make dinner tonite, k??

I sent it and started heading out my apartment, trying to look happy. bzz bzz I open my screen.
             okok, why?

 'Well he replied quickly!' I thought.

            Surprise ;)

I replied trying to be vague. I know its not much of a "surprise" but it's fine. I left the apartment building and started walking towards the supermarket.

           

 

 

“Please! I have to live here! I don’t have anywhere else to go!” I turned my head to see the commotion. I look to see a girl talking to Ms. LandLord. She looks around my age actually. Wait… she just spoke in English!  God, Korea is changing me, I'm slowly converting, haha.

 

 

I walked over to the two arguing women and spoke.

            “Ahh, chogio? (Uhh, Excuse me?)” I said trying to get their attention. The both looked at me like I was crazy. “Ah, she…" I paused, trying to translate in my mind before saying it outloud and possibably embarrassing myself, "Wants to uhh live, here?” I translated as I spoke hoping that she can understand what I want to convey.

            “Ah!" she clasped her hands together as she understood, "she wants to live here?” she motioned.

            “yae (yes),” I smiled.

            “Im sorry but we have no open single rooms, you took the last one,” she said apologetically. She bowed and said goodbye before heading back to the building.

            “Yo,” I sighed, turning to the girl infront of me.

            “Uh, do you speak English?” she asked hopingly.

            “It explains the "yo" doesn't it?” I said smiling to her, “I had just told the lady that you wanted to move in here, and she kind of, maybe said that theres no more space, I'm sorry."

            “What?!" she placed her hands on her head, "I don’t have any other place to go!” she stated dissapointed and worried.

            “If you want you can bunk with me?” I offered. I know. I sound like a crazy person, allowing a total stranger into my home. But she seemed sweet and if she bunked with me, less rent, and she can take over the apartment when I leave. Plus I have a lot of extra space, so there shouldn't be a problem for two to share.

            “Really?," she said her eyes lighting up before getting worried again, "But, I wont be a burden? I just met you and everything!

            “Nah, it's totally fine, my apartment is big enough for two you know, its really roomy.” I said sarcastically bragging, nose raised high.

            “Oh!" she understood, "Do I need to do anything?" she asked.

            “Nope, just gotta pay half the rent, can't let you bunk for free,” I winked as I smiled to her.

            “Ummm, how much?” she wondered as she took out her wallet.

            “Hmmm, 500 divided by 2 is $250?” I divided up mentally.

            “What?! " she gasped, "So cheap compared to other places! Oh my gosh!” she hopped. This girl was very... how do I explain... oh my gosh.

            “Do you want to go put your stuff in my apartment and head out? I was just about to go for food shopping.” I pointed to the building.

            “Sure!" she picked up her suitcase, "I was getting hungry so might as well buy a snack,” she said rubbing her stomach.

After we brought her stuff into my room, we began our journey to the supermarket. We had bought all the food ingredients (and a few snacks, keke) and started to walk back.

            "So what kind of food did you buy?” I asked as I stared at her grocery bags.

            “My specialty is baking so I bought some stuff for chocolate cake!” she said jumping up and down.

            “Wah! cake?" I gasped, "I love cake!” I happily stated. 

            “Oh, I forgot to tell you! I am cooking and bringing the food over to my oppa’s house next door.” I said suddenly remembering this information.

            “Sure, can I come with you?” she asked giving me puppy dog eyes which are too adorable.

            “Sure, the more the merrier,” I happily agreed, seeing that I made a new friend. “Oh wait! We never introduced ourselves! I’m Anna!” I said putting a bag down and placing my hand forward.

            “Nancy,” she said grabbing my hand and shaking it wildly. “Please to meet cha!

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N ok, i admit it, this chapters pretty boring, but anna met a new friend YAYY!!

\(>_<)/ partyyy! LoL jkjk but yeah, we will be meeting , more people along the way so be ready!!