This Isn't The End Just Yet

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

Anna's POV:

 

I smell a familiar smell in here. *Where am I?* I asked myself. I tried sitting up but a pain in my head had thought otherwise. I gripped my head gently as I tried to attempt to sit up right. I felt a piece of cloth wrapped around my head. What happened before I out? All I remember was the concert- A big blush crept onto my face as I fanned myself to cool down. I opened my eyes finally to re-close them due to a bright light. I'm in the hospital, go figure. I heard murmuring outside of my door as the door swung open.

 

 

"Anna?" Jaemi asked surprised.

 

 

"Anna!" Yoomi and Nancy ran one to me.

 

 

"I told you that we all didn't need to go to the bathroom at the same time Yoomi, that's weird, and we missed Anna's awakening" Jaemi said with jazz hands.

 

 

"Dude, you were out for a good 2 days! Didn't you have to pee?" Nancy asked tapping her chin as she laughed afterwards.

 

 

"You gave us a big scare!" Yoomi said slapping my arm.

 

 

"Ow!" I said flinching back.

 

 

"Right now Ukiss is in Dongho's room right now." Nancy looked away in mourn.

 

 

"Dongho? Did something happen to him? I thought I was the only one who got hit!" I worried.

 

 

They looked at each other with sad looks.

 

 

"Actually… You didn't get hit, Dongho did." Yoomi said covering her face from everyone seeing her tears. All three of them began to cry, either silently, or even out in the open.

 

 

"W-what?" I stuttered. I was confused. I got hit by the car! I clearly saw it come my way!

 

 

Jaemi exhaled a deep breath before beginning to explain, "Well… You were running away from Dongho right?" she began. I nodded. "He told you to watch out and ran to you, pushing you out of the way of the car." her breath became unsteady with fear and tears. "Your head hit the curb, hard, and his head… hit the car" she finished.

 

 

I stared blankly for a while. I was too afraid. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do. I was helpless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I walked over to his room slowly, not knowing what to expect. I noticed many flowers, candy, bears, gifts, on the bench next to the door. I walked slower not wanting to know, but kept walking knowing that I had to. It happened all because of me.

 

 

I pulled the door open and saw all of Ukiss sitting around him. I noticed he had a head cast on, a leg cast, and his eyes were closed. Ukiss turned to look at me with relief as I saw their already tear streaked faces.

 

 

"Anna!" they all came up to me, hugging me gently as I continued to stare at Dongho in shock.

 

 

"Are you fine? Are you feeling well?" Kevin asked worriedly to me, checking every single detail around me.

 

 

"I'm fine, what about," I took a deep breath, "Dongho?" 

 

 

"He's… Doing okay," Kevin smiled sadly, "He hasn't woken up yet, but since you woke up, he'll wake up soon right?" he said hugging me. I hugged him back as I feel his body shaking. I hear a hitched breath, sounding like he is trying to hide his tears. 

 

 

We stayed in the room for hours. Silence, small talk. That was it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Pardon the interruption?" A nurse knocked onto the door as she entered, "Visiting hours are over, but 1 person is allowed to stay over night, do you know who it is this night?" she asked.

 

 

"Me" I said lifting my hand.

 

 

"But Anna-" Kevin began.

 

 

"Please… Just for tonight, I promise, I need to speak with him alone," I begged.

 

 

Kevin began to object, but Soohyun agreed to me staying over and told Kevin it's alright. Everyone exited the room as I stayed behind. I pulled over the chair to sit by his bed side. My shaking hands reached over to his motionless hand and gripped onto it softly. I moved his bangs out of his face gently.

 

 

"Hi Dongho!" my voice shook as I tried my best to be cheerful, "Ah, um, ahaha- H- How have you been! You've been too lazy these days" I said being sarcastic. "Sleeping in bed all day! Ha! Really-" I choked, "Really lazy…" I trailed off, my voice losing strength to speak anymore. My tears came out in armies as I laid my head on his bed. "I'm sorry!" I cried to him, "Why was it not me!" I continued. I cried and cried before I began to fall asleep from exhaustion. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

I jolted up to see many nurses run in, trying to see what's going on. They were checking every stat. His heart rate was decreasing rapidly. Dongho's body was shaking wildly. Was he having a spasm? "Dongho! Are you ok?" I screamed to him, "Dongho! Tell me!" I cried.

 

 

"Ma'am! Please leave the room, he is having a spasm! If you don't leave I'm going to get security!" she pushed me out of the room forcefully as she ran back into the room.

 

 

"We're losing him!" I hear coming from the room. I panic. I lose it.

 

 

"Dongho!" I screamed with all my might trying to get back into the room, but the police are holding me back.

 

 

"200!" I hear the doctor command and then a electric bolting sound.

 

"Not enough! Try 300!" again with the electricity. 

 

"We got a pulse!" I heard him scream. I fell to my knees. 

 

The doctor walked out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just kidding" he snickered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dongho!" I jolted myself up. I scan the room, his hand in mines still. His heart still beating. I sigh a shaky sigh, extremely relieved it was a dream. 'I don't know what I would do if that was real' I thought.

 

 

 

 

Everyday we all have visited him. Everyday was the same. We work, we go here, we go home. On Sunday nights Ukiss would allow me to be the one to stay over. I would read him a book, update him on things, make him feel more informed.

 

 

"Once upon a time, there was a sleeping beauty. Her name was Aurora and she was a princess. When she was born, a curse was planted on her by an evil witch. An evil witch who didn't know the meaning of love or life, just selfishness. She made it that when Aurora turned 18, she would prick her finger on a spinning wheel and fall into an eternal slumber. Her parents who were King and Queen knew about the curse and banned and burned all spinning wheels, small to big so that their daughter stays with them forever. Yet, the evil witch knew this would happen. On Aurora's 18th birthday the evil witch lured her in with curiosity. The evil witch planted a lone spinning wheel in Aurora's room and Aurora, never seeing a spinning wheel, wanted to touch it. And so she did. When she did an almost instant effect happened causing her to fall to sleep forever. But there was one loop hole into getting her back, a kiss from a true love. The handsome prince from the kingdom next to them has fallen in love with the sleeping beauty! It was true love, and when he kissed her, the spell had been lifted. The witch had died and the Prince and Princess got married. The End." I closed the book.

 

 

"I've never told anyone this, but i'll tell you, " I spoke to Dongho, "Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess tale, yet it's only because I feel as if she is similar to me. When she was born she had a curse put on her. And I got my illness and apparently my mother knew a big secret," I sniffled. "I am going to live until 22. Maximum." I took a breath, "And yet, I don't get a happy ending, if it was that easy to live, I would kiss anyone!" I laughed softly. *Would you wake up if I kissed you?* I joked in my mind. 

 

 

"Dongho, why do you like me?" I asked quietly. "There's no point in loving someone who's going to pass away at an early age," I continued with a soft smile. "I don't have long, you know that!" I exclaimed as I let out a deep breath. 'When are you going to wake up?' I thought, 'Don't leave me on this world alone, please, wake up' I fell asleep holding onto his hand as usual.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt someone shake my shoulder. I open my eyes groggily, as I rubbed them to clear my blurred vision.

 

"Excuse me?" I hear.

 

"Yeah?" I asked as I opened my eyes to see a Dongho sitting up right in front of me. 'Is this a dream?'

 

"Dongho!" I hugged him, "You're fully awake!" I cried, "You're awake!"

 

"Um… Who are you ma'am?" he asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's a simple case of amnesia," the doctor stated as he read the information on the clipboard he held.

 

"Amnesia?" Soohyun asked.

 

"Then why did he forget only me?" I asked sad and furious.

 

"That," he removed his glasses, "Is one of two reasons."

 

"Which are?" Eli asked.

 

"One, it just so coincidently happens to be only you," he explained was we all nodded slowly, gesturing him to continue, "Or, something in his brain triggered him to forget you, Miss," he ended.

 

We all stood there, motionless, not sure what to do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi Dongho!" everyone greeted as they entered his room with flowers and gifts.

 

 

"Hey guys!" he replied smiling. He still has to stay in the hospital for another week due to his conditions. We still visited him every single day, but it's become more cheerful since he woke up. We are all so glad he came back to us.

 

 

"Kevin hyung! Play this video game with me!" Dongho gestured Kevin to come over. Kevin smiled softly as he walked over to him as they began to fight in the game. "Oh no you didn't!" Dongho laughed after Kevin was about to KO him. I smiled that Dongho is back to normal. Normal as in before I had came to Korea, normal as in before I even met him. Dongho forgot my whole existence. Everyone introduced me as Kevin's girlfriend, and said he met me while Dongho was in a coma. 

 

 

"Noona! Tell your boyfriend to stop cheating~" Dongho whined as he lost to Kevin. I laughed at his cuteness.

 

 

"Kevin, what did I tell you?," I fake lectured, "You have to play fair, right Dongho?" I asked him, he nodded eagerly as he eye smiled at me. It was hard to take in, to pretend I didn't know him, but Soohyun said to stay like this and if Dongho doesn't remember me by the time he left the hospital, they would tell him. Everyday I would try to do things we used to do together, hoping he would remember. Yet, none of it worked. When I did try to do things we used to do together, he would give me a weird look and I would get so embarrassed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yay!" everyone cheered as they popped confetti poppers over Dongho's head.

 

 

"Congrats on leaving the hospital, and getting better!" Nancy cheered.

 

 

"Wooh!" everyone cheered.

 

 

This whole day we had planned to have a party the day Dongho got back. We had planned games, food, and more. He was so happy that we gave him gift's as well. 

 

 

"Soohyun? Are we going to tell him today?" I whispered to him. Today was the day he left the hospital, and we said we were going to tell him about me, or about, us.

 

 

"Yeah, " he looked at me, "I think today's the day we tell him."

 

 

I let out a deep sigh, "Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

After partying the whole day, it was around 9pm. "Dongho?" I got his attention. The room got quiet, "Can I speak to you alone?" I asked.

 

 

"Sure Noona!" he beamed.

 

 

We went into his room and I shut the door. We sat onto the bed and I began, "Dongho… Do you really not remember me?" I asked.

 

 

"Aha, what are you talking about, I know you Noona! Kevin's girlfriend, duh," he exclaimed.

 

 

"So you don't remember, I'm guessing." my face became dark. His expression became worried.

 

 

"But, I do know you, you're Anna," he said with a scared laugh.

 

 

"Come with me!" I dragged his arm and walked out of the apartment.

 

 

"Noona, where are we going?" he asked me.

 

 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to you or send you off," I looked at him with a small smile, trying to lessen his worries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you know where we are?" I asked.

 

 

"Sure, we're at Ajumma's food stand" he said confused.

 

 

"Ajumma," I called, "Around how long have me and Dongho been coming here together?" I asked.

 

 

"Woah, what?," he started, "This is my first time going here with you," he said yanking his hand from my grip.

 

 

"Hmm," she thought, "Around 1 and a half year? Maybe a little less then that" she said nodding.

 

 

"Dongho, you knew me," I began, "You knew me before you woke up, you forgot me, like the jerk you are!" I shoved his chest.

 

 

"Being my best friend! Being the person I could count on!," I yelled, "Did you forget it all?" I said sad.

 

 

"I'm sorry Anna, I think you're thinking of someone else," he said stepping back.

 

 

"This is the place we first ate at, this is the first place we meet formally, and even though we didn't have a way of communicating, we still stuck up for each other," I cried, "How could you leave me like this?" I exclaimed, "You're a best friend, then you kiss me? Then you just leave me dangling like this!"

 

 

Dongho sat on his knees as he gripped his head tightly, "Ah!" he screamed in pain. He was moving around a lot, like he was in pain.

 

 

"Dongho!" I sceamed as I gripped his shoulders, "What's going on, Dongho? What's wrong?!" I worried and feared. Dongho fell limp into my arms as he passed out. 

 

 

"Dongho!"