Rising Star

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

English

Korean

 

"Nancy!" I called as I grabbed my apron, "I'm going to start making dinner" I slipped it on. I grabbed the grocery bag, emptied all of the contents onto the table and got started.

"Anna, does this look ok?" Nancy asked as she twirled out of the room, "I don’t want to look too desperate but I want to look nice" she said strutting to show off her outfit.

"Looks cute," I thumbed up, "but you might want to change right now" waved my cooking spoon.

"Oh, thats true!" she agreed, "I'm going to be baking so I don’t want the food to get on my clothes" she skipped back into the bathroom.

"Ding dong ding, you got that right" I said like an announcer in a game show.

 

 

Approximetly two hours of cooking allowed us to produce around five side dishes and seafood as the main entree to go with rice. Nancy also made mango sherbert and double chocolate fudge cream cake. 'Can’t wait to eat it!' I thought as I mentally jumped up and down.

 

 

 

"Okay Nancy!" I said as I started placing the food into containers, "We'll carry 4 items each, alright?" I asked as I grabbed my four containers, ready to exit the apartment.

ring ring ring

I placed the food back onto the table as I checked to see who was calling.

Incoming Call

        Doc

Answer        Ignore

I quickly placed the ringing phone back into my pocket.

"Um, shouldn't you answer that?" Nancy asked hesitently.

"No!" I squealed by accident, trying to cover it by clearing my throat, "It was just a telemarketor."

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                  Ding Dong Ding Dong

"Who is it?" I heard someone say on the other side of the door.

"Eli, open up, its Anna" I reply naturally, "I have the goods Boss" I lowered my voice to sound like a gangster.

"Anna?" he questioned, "Guys! Foods here!" he announced as he opened the door and yelled into the house. I giggled at this and took a glance at Nancy. was basically on the floor, I mean, she most likely knows who they are seeing how her jaw and the carpet floors basically making skin contact.

"E-Eli?! From UKiss?" she asked eyes wide.

"Yeah", I dragged her into the house. "Welcome to house UKiss" I bowed like a butler.

"Oh my gosh! The guys you were talking about was UKiss?" she squeeled.

"Yup" I said placing the food onto the table. "Guys! Come here!" I commanded.

They all walked towards the table staring at the food like they were starved for days, their lips.

"Meet Nancy, she's my new roommate," I said to them. "Nancy, meet UKiss"

Everyone greeted her awkwardly as they had never seen her before.

"Come on everyone sit down." Soohyun, leader of all, said.

Everyone gathered around the table and sat down into their seats. I opened the containers and instantly the room was filled with a delicious scent of yours truly's cooking. I stared around the table to see if everyone was satisfied and while I was scanning the table I noticed AJ staring at Nancy, with a love struck look... A smirk was placed onto my lips.

Hey AJ!” I called him slyly while everyone was eating as he was fish eye staring at Nancy.

Huh?" he shook his head slightly to get  out of his daydream, "Um. Oh, yeah Anna?” he asked, getting out of his love trance.

Nancy’s new to Korea," I started slowly, "So I was wondering if you could bring her around the city sometime?” I teased.

“Huh?" he asked a bit taken back, "Oh.. um, uh, sure, only... only if she would want me to…” he lowered his head to try to confine his smile. 'Aww! How cute!'

“I would do it," I pouted, "but I’m busy with my part time job, and you speak English really well, and she can’t really speak Korean.” I acted like I was dissapointed.

I turned to see Nancy's reaction to this appointment with AJ and I see her eye Dongho every once and a while. He was eating her chocolate cake like it was just sent from heaven. She blushed like mad whenever she had taken a glance at him. Oh no... Crap… I think she likes Dongho and AJ likes her? 

'Lovey dovey, love triangle.' I sang in my head as I smiled to my plate.

 

 

 

Hey Kevin," I grabbed his attention, "like the food?” I asked.

Yeah, its great!” I smiled brightly, knowing that he likes my food.

So, Nancy," I remembered, "why did you come to Korea?” I asked curiously.

"Oh," she swallowed her food and put her spoon down, "it might sound cheesy and stupid but my dream since I was young was to be a star. I’m Korean, but it’s just that I’m half white because of my dad. Also, I don’t know any Korean because I originally lived in America.” she blushed in embarrassment. 

Rising star, huh? That's really cool! I hope you show me your moves one day,” she look down blushing more.

Yeah, sure, enough about me, how about you?” she asked excitedly.

Silence surrounded the table.

Um," I smiled as I broke the silence, "I really adored Korea, but now it's because I just felt like wanting to come here, I love Korea after all!” forced another smile.

Oh, same!” she clasped her hands together.

Well, since were all done eating, its time to clean!” Soohyun said, being the blood A type perfectionist/ tidy freak he is.

Yes, sir” everyone said groggily.