GoodBye America, Hello Korea

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

'Live in the UKiss dorm? I can't live with guys!' I argued to myself in my head. The idea sounded amazing for a fan girl like me, but we have to be realistic and not pretend we're in some story.

"Um, I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good idea," I began speaking, "Is there a good place that's cheap apartment in Korea?" I asked, fingers crossed.

"Oh..." Kevin sounded awkward and a little embarrassed, "Oh wait! I just remembered that there's a single room open for rent a few doors down!" he said sounding happy that he remembered.

"Hmm... how much is a monthly rent?" I asked hoping that it's cheap.

"Around $500 a month?" he said guessing.

"Really?" I gasped, "Oh my gosh, that's really cheap!" I swung my legs quickly in happiness as I pumped my fists in the air.

"Do you want me to tell the landlord to save the room for you?" he asked me.

"Yes please!" I squealed. My mood went up now knowing that things are going suprisingly well without any effort what so ever.

"Yeah definitely!" he assured, "I'll do that when I go home, I'm in the dance studio right now, I kinda just finished learning some choreography."

"Oh! I'm sorry," I said flustered, "You should go home now if your done, not staying there talking to me," I said sternly.

"Kay mom" he sarcastically replied like he was ordered to do something by his mother.

"Mmm, bye!" I said like a mom would.

"Annyeong~" we said as we hung up.

 

 

 

 

 

That same night my mom had visited me. I sat her down and told her about my plans to go to Korea and what Doc told me today. She bursted into tears as I told her what I had recently found out. She apparently knew, and cried even harder as she told me she knew long ago, but decided to not tell me the news, she said I was too young to be given such a burden. Tears began welling up in my eyes as I imagined my mom after I pass away. I cried knowing that someday, I would leave this world leaving my mother alone. I don't want her to be alone, or to be lonely. She told me I was too young, too vunerable to go alone to a place half away across the globe. I was more worried about what she would do, how I should help her now. Thinking that maybe I should set her up on blind dates so she wouldn't be alone. I persuaded her, telling her about having really good friends in Korea who would be willing help me, and support me if something happens when she's not there with me. How I wanted to be free and accomplish a lot in these next three years.And in the end, she agreed with heavy shoulders.

 

 

The whole week I spent my whole time on the phone talking to my credit card company, visa, and the passport place. Getting everything I needed ready so when I leave, I won't need to worry about missing something that I need. It was really time consuming, but I could deal with a little paper work and business calls to go to Korea, the place I always wanted to explore and admire.

 

 

 

 

 

1 Month Later

This whole month I got everything ready for my very sudden decision to move to Korea. I said goodbye's and got everything packed and ready for my flight there.

I got out of the taxi and went to the counter to get my ticket. I walked over to the waiting area knowing I have two and a half hours until I depart from America forever.

"Anna!" My thought process got inturrupted as I hear two loud teenagers racing towards me. I got embarrassed and speed walked to the two crazy people I call my bestfriends.

"Yah, I'm going to miss you so much" Yoomi stated, eyes watery.

"Yeah, we have to visit you sometime in Korea!" Jaemi said excited as she grabbed onto my hands. I never told them that I will be living super close to UKiss or they would freak out on me!

"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" I said getting teary eyed. We all sat down and had one of our usual friendly conversations before I had to leave to Korea.

1:30 plane to Korea is now open, please go to the area on the left hand side of the airport and all passengers please board the plane.              The lady said into the microphone.

"I swear you guys have to text me and video call me everyday, okay?" I said letting one tear drop swiftly across my right cheek. 

"We swear to Kpop!" they both said tearing up and started to cry as well. We said our final goodbyes, until I meet them next time and I walked over to the ticket lady, I turned swaying my final wave goodbye and boarded my final plane.

GoodBye America, Hello Korea

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------