We Were One of Them

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

Dongho's POV:

 

'Wow. I'm a sleezbag. I can't believe I let her kiss me!! She took me when I was vulnerable! I was violated!' I thought as I rolled and rolled around my bed like a mad man.

 

 

"Dongho" Eli knocked as he peeked his head into our room.

 

 

"What!" I yelled, sitting up still confused. He shot back scared.

 

 

"Well… I heard about your little… Make Out session with Nancy" He said wiggling his eye-brows. I laid down again while covering my face with my pillow, "You did the same thing as Kevin, Dongho." he said serious.

 

 

"What are you-" then it hit me. I kissed AJ's girl, but, I didn't kiss her, but, I gave her a one months chance, but, I didn't say she could kiss me, but- I don't know!! "." I said cursing into my pillow.

 

 

"Dude, first Kevin, then you, what next? Me?" he said half chuckling.

 

 

"I don't even know anymore, I mean, it's only half my fault, I said she can try to get me to like her since she… confessed…. to me!" I said rolling while hugging my pillow, "Dang it! Why can't she just love AJ, and not me, that would make things easier than it is now."

 

 

"Dude, I don't know. But we do know that, even though it's wrong, it's your choice, just like Kevin did." he said sighing, "We know it's wrong, but I think they truly love each other, or I just hope they do."

 

 

"I..." I hesitated, "get a choice? What if I don't want to choose?" I said really confused.

 

 

"Then, you know, I don't know, maybe you should go with the flow, let Nancy try to "seduce" you, and if she succeeds and you love her, then go for it, if she tries and fails, maybe it'll be AJ's turn in this love circle." Eli said trying to choose what's right.

 

 

"Thanks Dr. Phil, I guess I'll try that" I smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ok, so you do this move first, " I said with my knee up and my arms angled trying to teach Anna the moves for the new dance.

 

 

"Mhmm" she nodded imitating me, "then?"

 

 

"Then you do this-" I said before I got cut off.

 

 

"Hey Dongho!" Nancy said handing a towel to me.

 

 

"Uh, hey Nancy" I said awkwardly grabbing the towel.

 

 

"Hey Nancy!" Anna greeted, "We're almost done this part of the dance, so after that I'll give you guys alone time, kay?" She winked.

 

 

'What if I don't want to be alone with her, and with you instead?' I pouted as I thought.

 

 

"Dongho, hurry! Teach me the rest so you can talk with Nancy!" Anna said to me.

 

 

"Fine…" I said pouting more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So did you ever confess to her?" Nancy asked looking towards the sky as I spit out my water. 'Gross' I thought as I wiped my spit.

 

 

"N- no way!" I said my face hot.

 

 

"Better for me!" she said flashing a toothy smile to me.

 

 

'Does she really like me that much?' I thought.

 

 

"Ever since I watched variety shows with you on it I thought, "Wow, he's so cool!" " she said looking at me with sincerity.

 

 

"Nancy," I paused, "If you like me for that type of reason, I don't think that's love" I said. She stood there with a confused expression, "Love is for actually liking me in real life, not liking the fake me on the shows"

 

 

"W-what are you talking about?" she said taken aback. I scoffed.

 

 

"Don't worry, I'm still Dongho, but I'm just not the real me on the music shows, or in the variety shows, in there I have to up the anti, and try to get people to like me for the company." I said patting her shoulder.

 

 

"Oh. Well I can still love you for you!" she said trying to hug me.

 

 

"I don't think it works that way Nancy" I said smiling softly, holding her back, "Loving someone comes from meeting them, seeing them, missing them, wanting them, wishing that they could love you as much as you love them" 

 

 

"Then, can you be my first? For all of those reasons to love someone?" she asked, her eyes watery.

 

 

"That, " I said starting to walk back, "is not for me to decide"

 

 

"Dongho! Just you wait! I'll get you for real someday!" she said placing her hands on her hips with her head held up high.

 

 

"Sure!" I said finally walking off, I placed my fingers on my lips, 'She did steal my first kiss though' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV:

 

 

 

"Hey, the vegetables are on sale!" Yoomi ran to the veggie section.

 

 

"Ew, broccoli!" Anna said sticking her tongue out.

 

 

"I love broccoli!" Kevin and Yoomi said in sync. Surprised, they both giggled as they remembered their first time going together before.

 

 

"Stop flirting Kevin, just because you and Anna broke it off doesn't mean you can just flirt" Jaemi said laughing.

 

 

"Aha, I don't think it's called flirting, Jae, I think it's called children being children" Anna joked.

 

 

"Aha!" everyone laughed.

 

 

"Um, guys, make a choice, we can't eat both chicken and beef" Kevin said looking at the pile of meat in the cart.

 

 

"What?" Eli and Jaemi said in unison.

 

 

"But I thought you liked chicken-

 

 

"But I thought you liked beef- " Jaemi and Eli said in unison again.

 

 

 

"Do I see something??" Anna said with her lips curling up into a evil smile, "A lovers fated moment?"

 

 

"Too much" Yoomi said chuckling. 

 

 

"Meh, it's true though" Anna winked.

 

 

"Whatever!" Jaemi folded her arms together, "Just put away the chicken! Today I have the feels for beef" she said as she placed both her hands on her heart dramatically. Eli smiled a small smile in secrecy to make sure no one can see him this happy as he placed the chicken away.

 

 

"Jjang!" Kevin jumped in front of Anna with his hands behind his back, "Guess what I found?"

 

 

"Aha, what?" Anna giggled in his silliness. 

 

 

"A Porroro peppero!" he said smiling wide.

 

 

"Oh! I love porroro! And peppero!" Anna forced a smile.

 

 

"Do, you not like it?" He said sad.

 

 

"I love it! Porroro is my favorite! Thanks for knowing!" she said holding it happily.

 

 

'sigh We've been dating for a while and he doesn't even know what I like, no matter how many times I tell the boy. I can't blame him, I only told him a few times, he probably forgot that I hate Porroro.' Anna thought. She grabbed a Hello Kitty peppero for herself while at it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was watching TV, on their phones, cooking, or just lazing around.

 

 

"Pst! Pst! Dongho!" Anna said trying to get him over to her secretly, he saw her and laughed as he tried to "secretly" go over to his room as he suddenly got yanked into his room by her.

 

 

"Woah!" he said stumbling as she shut the door. He blushed at her actions as he sat on his bed. 

 

 

"Spill it!" she said sitting on his bed.

 

 

"Wha- what!" he said thinking weird thoughts.

 

 

"What happened after I left you and Nancy! I need all the details!" she said squealing.

 

 

'Oh, that' he thought, "After you left nothing happened" he answered lying.

 

 

"You're lying." she crossed her arms, 'Dang! How'd she know!' he thought. "Don't even ask how I know Dongho, just answer my question!" she said flailing her arms.

 

 

"Can… You read minds?!" He said seriously while looking at her as if she had 3 heads. 

 

 

"No, but you're like my younger brother to me so I know this stuff" she said smirking.

 

 

Dongho, fumed with anger as he pushed her down onto the bed. "Has it ever crossed your mind that I'm a man! I'm not your "little brother!" he yelled as he dipped his head forcing a kiss on her, he forced his tongue into causing her to jolt, pushing him off of her with tears in her eyes. She ran out of the house not even bothering to grab her things, and ran off.

 

 

"Anna!" Dongho said about to chase after her.

 

 

"Dongho! What happened!" Kevin said grabbing his arm while yelling.

 

 

"I… I kissed her!" he said looking down avoiding eye contact with Kevin. Kevin quickly punched Dongho, causing him to fall to the floor. Kevin glared at Dongho once more before running off to find Anna.

 

 

"Wow." everyone gasped as they were all astonished at what had happened.

 

 

"Boy, get over here, you need some explaining to do," Jaemi said helping him up as she helped him sit on the couch. Everyone nodded in agreement as all of them had disappointed and worried expressions on their face.

 

 

Tears started to brim his eyes as he lifted his knees and dug his face into them.

 

 

"I love Anna, I really do!" he said trying to catch his breath from crying. He noticed Nancy was crying too as he felt guilt that he had made her sad.

 

 

"But, she wasn't giving me a chance! She wasn't even considering me as a man! She said I was her little brother, and I lost it, I thought that if I kissed her I could show her that I was a man and that I can be one too, but," he choked on his words, "It wasn't the right thing to do, I wasn't being a man, I was being a child who wanted something he couldn't get" he said crying more.

 

 

Jaemi placed her arms around him into a hug as AJ wrapped his arm around the crying Nancy trying to sooth her.

 

 

"Let me tell you a story Dongho, " Jaemi said in a soothing voice.

 

 

"Once, there was this girl. She loved to have fun, she loved her friends, " she glanced to everyone in the room, "and she was childish, a little too much."

 

 

"This girl had the hugest crush on one of her bestfriend's brother, who had a girlfriend who he was serious with," she gulped, "She did everything she could to get him to like her, or, even notice her as a woman, and not just his little sister's best friend. Then," her tears started to well up, "one day, she did something horrible." her tears started to fall, "She knew that they we're having a date, so she told his girlfriend that they changed the day of the date. He waited, waited and waited that the park, waiting for his girlfriend to come. But she never did. The next day, she was found out to be dead." she said hugging Dongho with all her remaining strength as she shook with horror, "She had gotten into a car accident right after receiving the call from me that their date was cancelled. She had turned around her car to head back home, and as she was heading home, it happened.The cause of her death was a drunk driver who was going the opposite way on a one way street, and the unlucky one was his girlfriend. If I had have never done that, she would still be alive, she would have went onto the date and they might've been married by now, maybe not, but we can never find out anymore." 

 

 

"Oppa" Yoomi whispered as she cried her eyes out.

 

 

"I'm sorry Yoomi!" Jaemi ran and hugged her.

 

 

"It's okay, I forgave you a long time ago, remember that," she said hugging her back.

 

 

"And, in the end, he forgave me" Jaemi said looking at Dongho with guilt in her eyes.

 

 

"He did?" he said sad. Jaemi gave a small nod.

 

 

"Go look for her Dongho, you know where she is don't you?" she said smiling softly at him. Dongho didn't give a response but he hugged her tightly before running off.

 

 

"Kids, were one of them at some time, and we still are" she said wiping all her tears away.