No More

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

Dongho's POV:

 

Jaemi was right. I know where she is. The question is… should I go there? Should I apologize? It's the right thing to do though. I can't muster up my courage to run where she is, the fact that I've hurt her is tearing me apart. My legs start to give out as they shook in fear. I sat on the side walk for a few moments earning stares from other pedestrians, but I don't care. 

 

 

I slowly gathered up my strength as I stood to continue walking to her. She's probably alone crying, hugging herself. I could imagine it so vividly in my mind. I walked and walked. Then suddenly an urge and a feeling told me I couldn't be like this. I began to run as I had a feeling something bad is happening. I did know one thing. If she was at the park next to the ddukbokki stand we first conversed at then she didn't want me to come. If she is at the park where we always talk and cry at, it's saying she wants me to come and be there with her.

 

 

The only choice was to go to the park where we usually go. I ran with all my might, not stopping, not until I get there. 10 meters away. 

 

9 meters. 

 

6 meters. 

 

3 meters. 

 

0.

 

 

"Anna!" I said getting to the park, out of breath. I looked around, dizzy from adrenaline. I scanned the park, inch by inch, swing to slide. No where. I felt a rain drop, drop onto my face. It slipped down my cheek. I breath was hitched as I felt my head pang. My head hurts like someone is taking a hammer and smashing my brains in. Another rain drop, then another. But the sky was clear as day, not a cloud in sight. I wiped my face, figuring it out. It was my tears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I headed back to the apartment. Not even bothering to lift my feet. My feet dragged onto the pavement as I bumped into people carelessly, as they yelled at me afterwards. I took the long way, the way so I can pass the other park. I don't know if she's still there but I'm clearly sure she doesn't want to see me. I don't know if we could be friends anymore, only if she could permit it. I walked slowly to the park, hoping she wasn't there, so I wouldn't need to face her. As I entered the park I let out a big breath, glad she wasn't there anymore. 'I'm so dumb, why would she be here? It's 9 PM' I turned around in relief that she was probably at home. And I don't like what I see.

 

 

I turned to see Kevin and Anna on a lone bench, in the middle of the park. Anna and her tear streaked face huddled into Kevin's chest. She looks like she's in a peaceful sleep as Kevin was wide awake and saw me with a dark expression on his face.

 

 

"Go." was the only word that hyung had to say for me to understand.

 

 

I stepped back slowly, then began running back to the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anna's POV:

 

My eye's slowly start to open, blinking to see that I'm still at the park. I jolted up feeling a cold air surround me. I see a jacket on the floor. I turn to the bench to see that Kevin was there but he was sound asleep. 'He stayed with me this whole time?' I thought as I felt like crying again. When did I turn into a cry baby?

 

 

I picked up his jacket and dusted it off, noticing that Kevin had no jacket on, and only a t-shirt! He's probably frozen by now! I shook his shoulder slightly so he can wake up and we can go home. He lifted his head drowsily as he noticed me.

 

 

"You're awake?" he said stretching his arms and yawning. 

 

 

"Yeah, " I said almost in a whisper, "Let's go home" I stretched my arm out to hold his hand. We walked back together in silence. He walked me to my doorstep and hugged me once more. 

 

 

"Thank you Kevin" I said as I lifted my head to look at him.

 

 

"For what?" he asked with a confused expression.

 

 

"For being with me. Thick through thin. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't with you" I smiled softly.

 

 

"Isn't that a given?" he said placing a kiss onto my forehead. We stayed there for a few more minutes before we broke the hug and went to our own apartments.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Anna!" I heard as I entered the door. Three girls huddled me into a hug as I hugged them back.

 

 

"Where have you been!" Yoomi said.

 

 

"We've been worried sick!" Nancy stressed.

 

 

"I'm sorry, I should have called," I apologized.

 

 

"Can you explain what happened?" Jaemi asked.

 

 

"I'm sorry, but can I do it tomorrow? Today's been a rough day and I'm tired," I said sleepy. They understood me and everyone headed off to bed. I changed and I got into my bed. I stayed awake the whole night, gathering my thoughts, trying to think things through.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up thinking that its amazing how I was able to get at least some sleep last night. The sun shone on my face as I heard the obnoxious birds being loud as hell. I grabbed my clock noticing that it was 1pm. I quickly showered and changed noticing I slept through vocal practice and the making of the new choreography. I run to the door to notice a post-it. It read:

 

 

Morning Sunshine! I hope you know you slept through training! Haha, but don't worry, take this day as a relaxation day. We all convinced our managers that your sick and have a high fever. We made breakfast, you just have to heat it up, okay? I hope you feel better,

                                                                                                                                                                                                                           - JANY & Ukiss

 

 

 

I stared at the table of a wide variety of foods spread across the table, all my favorites. I don't know what I did in my before life to have the best friends in the Universe. I heated up the food and ate almost everything. Boy, I don't know I had that much of an appetite. I decided to lift my spirits and go shopping. It always made me feel better to look like a bright happy person, you feel what you wear.

 

 

I placed on a cool pair of shades and a white beanie, just for a little disguise. I wore a colorful patterned over size sweater, black leggings and brown combat boots. 

 

 

I went around to many cheap, yet cute, stores. Forever 21 is one of my favorites, as well as YesStyle which is really awesome that they have that here. I went around shopping, grabbing as much as I can with out going out of my budget. It's nice to go shopping like this once and a while.

 

 

I went back to the boutique which has the little black dress I've been adoring forever now. I think it's their main seller dress seeing that it's always there. I look at the price tag and almost gasped out loud. '$695!' I thought as i shook my head in disappointment. I left the boutique in shame for being in love with something I can't buy.

 

The Dress:

 

 

 

I stopped at Starbucks because of my aching arms from carrying the bags, and my aching feet which carried me. I saw the sky starting to dim and thought this was enough for one day. I headed back to my apartment but without stopping at my most favorite food stand ever. The first one I went to ever in Korea. I placed my bags down and ordered some fish sticks. I notice a boy next to me wearing shades also, as well as a cap. But I didn't think to much off it.

 

 

"Mhm! Ajjumma!" I said biting into the pressed fish, "Your food is the bestt!" I extended like a weirdo.

 

 

"Ahahaha, I'm glad! It's so great to see you two again together! You guys always come separately!" she said looking at me and the man next to me. 

 

 

I turned my head to see who it was. I lowered my shades, as well as the other guy and saw who it was. Dongho. A extreme blush crept onto my face as I grabbed my bags and ran for the apartment.

 

 

"Anna! Wait!" I hear him yell. My heart beats faster as I ran into the already open elevator and press the Close Doors button repeatedly. The door closes as I sigh in relief, glad he didn't make it as I looked into the mirror and see that my face is beet red.

 

 

The elevator opened and I jogged slightly to my apartment. "Anna!" I heard again. 'He's still didn't give up!' I dropped my bags, scrambled with my keys and locked myself into my apartment without even re-grabbing my bags.

 

 

"Anna, I clearly know you're in there" Dongho said out of breath. 'Obviously, you idiot!' I thought without saying anything as I sat on the other side of the door.

 

 

"Please, just hear me out" he said pleading. I remained silent. I heard a sigh. "Wear this," I heard something being placed onto the floor, "To the music awards today, I have a solo, and If you watch, you'll know what I think about you, theres a ticket in here, so, please, hear me out during the concert" I heard footsteps, that are loosing its sound, farther and farther away.

 

 

I look through my peep hole and saw the hallway was empty. I slowly open the door and notice a box with a bow and a ticket slipped under the ribbon. I grabbed all my bags and went to my bedroom. I felt a vibration in my pocket.

 

Incoming Call: Jae

 

"Hello?" I answered.

 

 

"Hey Anna! JANY nor Ukiss is coming back tonight! We're going to the Music Awards!" Jaemi squealed. 

 

 

"Really?…" I trailed off.

 

 

"Yeah… Are you still tired? I mean I understa-" Jaemi began before I cut her off.

 

 

"No! I- I'm going," I answered quickly.

 

 

"Kay good! Make sure to dress up nicely like, semi formal nice when you come okay?" she informed.

 

 

"Yeah, sure, I have a few dresses," I said looking in my closet.

 

 

"Thats good! See you later!" she said hanging up.

 

 

I stared at my phone, not sure what to do. I stared at the lone box laying on my bed. I slowly pulled onto the red ribbon and opened the box. My eyes must be playing games on me… 

 

 

I held up the little black dress which I had adored for the past forever now! I notice a note float to the floor. It read:

 

 

Anna, I've notice that you have been eyeing this dress since day one. I'm truly sorry for what I did, and I'm not asking for you to forgive me, but I'm asking for us to not lose this friendship which we've had for a while, I would do anything to get it back. I've been thinking for a while that I don't deserve your friendship even after what I did, but I can hope, and ask. I really do hope you come to the concert tonight, which is when you'll understand how I feel now. Maybe you don't want to know, maybe it'll be a burden, but, please, give me a chance to regain what we once had. I hope you come, 

                                                                                                                                                                                                 Dongho.

 

 

My heart raced as I read this note which is not all lies, and all his true honest feelings. I did my hair, make up, and got ready to leave. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I handed the driver the money and exited the taxi cab. I handed the man my ticket and he handed me the half with the number my seat is on.

 

 

Row A Letter F

 

 

Oh no… Front row, middle seat. I really hope he doesn't see me or know where I sit.

 

 

During the whole Music Awards many famous bands sang on stage, I can not wait until it will be JANY's day to shine. 

 

 

"And up next is!,"  he reads index card, "Ukiss's Maknae and rapper, Shin Dongho!" the announcer Kwanghee announced while clapping with Eunji who he was co-hosting with.

 

 

Dongho wore a black  suit as he walked to the center of the stage, parallel where I was sitting, us facing each other. He didn't make eye contact, or even look at my row, which is good. That means he doesn't know where I am. He bowed, and spoke "This song is my feelings to someone special, I hope you all can listen closely to the lyrics." 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNN51sbe3dM

 

                                                                                                                                  Boa - Only One

                                                                                                                                    Male Version

 

You’re only getting farther – you’re the only one
As much as I loved you, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one
Only one

We awkwardly sit across each other,
Making small talk and asking what’s new
The moments when the conversation stop for a moment
The cold silence freezes us

We will become strangers at this place right now
Someone will shed tears and be left alone but
I hate seeing you try not to scar me and feel ill at ease
So I’ll let you go

My love, good bye now – you’re the only one (you’re the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one

Only One
You’re the only one, Only One

At my sudden works, you seem to be relieved for some reason
Where did we go wrong?
Did we hope for different places starting from long ago?

The sharpness of the vast difference of our start and end
And the pain that stabs my heart – why is it so similar?
My overwhelmed heart crumbles emptily in just one moment
How can I stand up again?

My love, good bye now – you’re the only one (you’re the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one

When will my head erase you? (I will let you go)
One day, two days, one month, if long term then a few years (My baby can’t forget)
And someday in your memories,
I won’t live in it, you will erase me

Only One Only One
You’re the only one, Only One

Romanized:

Meo-reojyeoman ganeun geudae you’re the only one nae-ga sarang-haet-deon geonmankeum you’re the only one
Apeu-go apeujiman pabo katjiman go-od bye tashi neol mot bonda haedo you’re the only one
Only one

Eosaekha-ge majuanja sasohan yaegiro anbureul mudko
Kakkeum daehwahka kkeunhgineun sunkane-neun cha-ga-un jeongjeok uril eol-ke mandeu-reo

Chigeum i jarieseo urineun nami dwehket-ji eoneu nu-gunganeun nun-mul heu-llimyeo namket-jiman
Sang-cheojuji anheuryeogo jakku aereul sseo-gamyeonseo nun-chi boneun ni moseub shirheo so irsquo;ll let you go

Naesarang ije-neun annyeong you’re the only one (yoursquo;re the only one)
Ibyeorhaneun isunkanedo you’re the only one
Apeu-go apeujiman pabo katjiman go-od bye
Tashi neol mot bonda haedo you’re the only one
Only one
You’re the only one, only one

Kab-jakseureon naye ma-re waehnji moreuge neon anshimhan-deuthae
Eodi-seobu-teo urin ireohke jalmot-dwehn geol-kka orae jeonbu-teo, dareun gonman, gidae-han geon aninji

Neomu dareun shijakkwah kkeutye geu nal-karoumi nae shimjangeul chireuneun apeumeun waeh ttokgateunji
Beokchan gaseumi han sunkane kong-heoha-ge muneojyeoseo ireon nae moseub eotteohke i-reoseol-kka

Naesarang ije-neun annyeong you’re the only one (only one)
Ibyeorhaneun isunkanedo you’re the only one
Apeu-go apeujiman pabo katjiman go-od bye (go-od bye)
Tashi neol mot bonda haedo you’re the only one (you’re the only one)

Nae meorisso-geun eonjecheum neoreul ji-ul-kka (i will let you go)
Haru iteul hantal, meol-ke-neun ama myeoch nyeon-cheum (my baby can’t forget)

Keurigo eonjenka neoye giyeok so-ge-neun
Naran sarameun teo isang sal-ji anhket-ji ji-uget-ji
Only one only one
You’re the only one, only one

 

He ended the song with moist eyes as he looked at me. A tear slipped down my face as I covered my face to hide the tears. He knew the whole time, he knew I was here.

I stood from my seat and squeezed through the crowd of people trying to get away from this place. As I got to the aisle I began to run.

"Anna!" he called as he ran down the stage stairs and started to chase after me.

I ran out of the theater, trying to run away, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I new he was getting closer, inch by inch. Heel after heel. I abruptly stopped.

"Don't follow me anymore!" I screamed to him as I turned to him with my tears falling down my face like a waterfall. He walked to me calmly reaching his arm out. "No!" I screamed as I ran. 

"Anna! Watch out!" he screamed. I turned to see and object come closer and closer.

                                     SCREECH!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------