Gotta Love Like You're Dying

The Adventure of My Life, Well The End of It

 

 

''Whew! I’m so excited'  I thought as I tried to slow down my fast heartbeat. Today Nancy is auditioning for this big company and I’m going there to support her. This is her first audition since she had came to Korea.

“Anna!” Nancy screamed “Where’s my phone?!” she scurried around the house flustered. She was flailing her arms about as she scrambled to find her phone.

“It’s in your hand…” I laughed. Her face is just too funny, and she’s running all over the apartment like a mad woman.

“Oh, yeah, I knew that," she blushed as she placed her phone into her pocket, "and by the way I’m not nervous or anything!” she said waving her arms.

“Mhm," I agreed sarcastically, "Sure you aren’t” I said still laughing “You sure you shouldn’t be getting ready? We should be heading out if we wanna make it to the audition.”

“Yeah, let’s go!” she said running out the door.

 

 

 

 

“Ok, I am so ready!” Nancy said clenching her fist until her knuckles turned white, “Wait, what’s my name again??”

“Aha! Nancy! You gotta calm down or something,” I laughed at her nervousness.

"Yeah, thanks!” she said as she slipped on her headphones and started practicing silently.

 

 

 

 

 

“Anna," she sighed, "I don’t think I can do this, maybe we should just go!," she pointed her finger upwards like she remembered something, "I think I left my purse at home!” she said trying to leave quickly.

“No!" I pulled her back, "Nancy, you have to do this, this is your dream! You can’t live like this; you have to always live like each day is your last day. Now you better go out there before I beat the crap out of you!” I threatened her. She shook her head violently and looked at me with confidence in her eyes.

“You're right!” she said balling her hands into fist in the air.

 

 

 

“Next!” one of the judges called. Nancy walked on stage with her hands together while looking downwards.

“OOF!” she said as she just tripped over a chord.

“Are you alright Miss? We have a busy schedule so if you’re ok then get up” a man said sternly.

“Ye!” she said as she got up rubbing her knees.

 

 

 

After the performance

 

 

 

“Woohoo!” the crowd was cheering and Nancy was close to tears as she walked off. The three judges gave approving looks as they wrote down their thoughts onto her paper.

“Anna!” she said as she ran to hug me. I patted her back as she was hopping while we were hugging.

“You were great, Nancy! Amazing!” I said as we were jumping up and down.

“Next!” the judge said.

Nancy shoved me so that I got past the curtains and onto the stage. 'This crazy idiot!' I yelled at her as I turned to see Nancy smiling.

‘Fighting!’ Nancy mouthed to me while putting both her thumbs up.

 

 

“Miss, what is your name?” one of the judges said not bothering to look at me.

“Anna," I thought of a last name, "Anna…. Go Anna-imnida” I heard a small amount of people snickering at my ‘name’, 'Go Anna? seriously?' I mentally face palmed myself.

“We don’t have all day miss, what are you going to do for us today?” he said still looking away.

“Uhh…” I said hesitating looking all around. The crowd of people began to murmur as I stood there silently.

“Ok, seems like you can't-“ the judge said ready to give up.

“Someday!” I said almost screaming before he could finish speaking.

“By who?” he asked non chalantly.

“IU, sir” I said looking down.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sXfP7xdMo

 

Everyone was cheering when I was done; I quickly bowed and ran off the stage. Wow. That was really amazing, I am still breathless.

“Don’t worry Anna, I gave your number as well as mine and our names so they can contact us if we passed!” Nancy cheered to me.

'Urgh, why did I do that?' I thought as I mentally wanted to slap myself.

 

 

 

 

A Week Later

 

 

 

Yeogin Neverland-and-and-and-and-an---

 

“Hello?” I answered half asleep.

“Is this Anna?” the man on the other side spoke.

“Yes, who is this?” I questioned.

“This is Doc” he chucked.

 

Call Ended

 

‘I can’t deal with this, why does he keep calling me? After I got the news I never wanted to see or hear from him again! He's so persistant.' I started to tear up.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

A different number had called. I hesitently picked it up.

Herro?” I answered as I plugged my nose.

“Annyeohasaeyo, this is Secretary Kim from Star* Entertainment. Is this Anna Leyon?” a woman with a mature voice said

“Yes?” I said confused.

“Your friend told me your real name," she stated first, Also, you have passed the auditions and have the chance to train with our company, please write down this address and date and time to meet up with me and the other people who have passed. Thank you.” she said before she hung up.

I sat in my bed in shock. 'Did I really just pass this audition?' 

'I have to tell Nancy this news! Wait... did she pass too?'

 

 

 

 

“Ah!” a voiced screamed.

“What’s going on!” I said as I ran to her flustered.

“I passed!” she said jumping in the same spot endlessly.

“Really?” I cheered in joy.

“Yes!” she said pointing to the same info that I had just recieved.

“Me too!” I said jumping with her.

 

 

 

At The Company

 

 

 

“Hello” I called as Nancy and I poked our heads into the room door.

“Welcome ladies,” The lady had the same voice as the lady on the phone.

“Anna?” two girls said as they called out my name.

“Jaemi? Yoomi?” I said in shock.

“Well, it seems like you guys know each other so there is no problem with getting along.” Secretary Kim said, “Welcome to Star* Entertainment, Kang Jaemi, Jung Yoomi, Go Anna, and Kwon Nancy, the new trainees to become an all time famous girl group.”