New York City

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

Being a girl from a small town,New york was such a big world for Hebe. Tall buildings, so many people all walking in hurried pace,and everybody are so busy to stop and look at the person next to them. Noise all around,men grilling on the streets,cars honking their horn,people talikg and some screaming and yelling. Hebe guess that people needs to scream and yell to be heard all the time.

The hospital stood in the middle of this tall buildings. They will be staying in the nurses dorm right across the hospital. Their apartment was small and cramped.She has to share it with two other girls. Both of them comning from their state. She doesn't really know them until now. Estee the more senior was friendly and she has this sisterly attitude to the new ones.

The apartment is a studio type.It is like one big box with three twin beds which served as their bedroom,and one has one drawer each, There is one big closet that they have to share.There is one small table for dining that can accomodate four people and one small kitchen.A stove,  a fridge and then a small bathroom.It was tiny but was efficient,everything you need,and that is all.

----------------------------

The hospital was huge, something that is something new and modern.Hebe was not so familiar with such advancement in science and technology. She always thought that their hospital was new and has the latest machinery for health equipment but she doesn't know that these things do exist . She was overwhelmed by the newness of it all. Looking at it all,she started having doubts about her self and about her decisions in coming over.

Hebe got her assignment and little that she knew that  she was assigned to the busiest unit in the hospital. She was introduced tot he people that she will be working with,and they looked like they are not so friendly, the charge nurse at evenings just looked at her from head to toes,and the other girl smiled at her and continues to say something ,going like a hunfdred miles an hour and  aftera long chant,she barely knew what she did talk about and ending up having a headache in the process. Good thing they don't have to work first in the unti but they will be having an orientation and classes for three long months. Somehow hebe felt a relief knowing that.

Estee and Eve took her and her friend Lisa ont he tour around the city. All the hot spots that New york City has to offer. It started with a trip to the highes landmark of the city which was The Twin Tower. They rode all the way up by the elevator. It took only few minute to find their way on the top of the world. They were a lot of tourist around and yes Hebe marveled at the sight of the city. It was beautiful to be at the top of the world. Somehow Hebe felt that she can reach the sky and then everything is possible...

Hebe closed her eyes,and then it brings memories of a place back home ,at the top of the hill,wher she used to stay and found haven in them. She remebered her childhood,she remembered Yesung,she remebered Selina and Ella, Now they are so far away and it will be too remote to even come back to that place. Will the house on the hill with it's white picket fences still stand? Is it gone just like her dreams? And just like Yesung,he is not part of her dream now and he will be just a memory for her just like the top of the hill and the houses and the river.

Hebe opened her eyes, she is still ont he top but it is higher now,hundreds of times higher than the sea level, there are more houses now,it is not even houses but buildings, skycraper that touched the sky, and the river is not river anymore but bay and ocean,things suddenly is bigger now,bigger than life and Hebe doesn't even know if she can handle all the vastness of the things around her...Somehow Jiro seems to be forgotten for a moment....