The Internship

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

I finished my second year with a very good grades.I used my heart break to concentrate on my studies.I still see Donghae around tha campus but we are totally a stranger now.We sropped smiling and acknowledging each other.For me he simply doesn't exist anymore,and i think he cjose to ignore me or just palinly forgot all about me,and I don't really care... Good thing thing he will be gone for good next year.

I passed the interview with flying colors and yes I was accepted in the program but my friends was unable to make it.There were only  200 spot for five thousands of applicants and i was one of the lucky ones and i was so happy. My friends got transferred out to a different school,while i stayed at the university. But so far,I don't know if it is because i got accepted in the program or because of Donghae's incidence,we have became apart after the summer session.And yes i knew that i will have a head time making friends again but this time i am not worried anymore for I know that I still can make it on my own,with or without friends...

The internship program was quite tough.We are bunch of smarties and yes for sure there will be a tough competition between all the students. We were subdivided between groups and we are thirteen in the group. later on this people became my friends and  even after school...All along I thought that I will have a hard time making friends but then the group instantly bonded and became friends.We helped each other with projects and homework.We shared each other foods an lunches.Borrowed money from each other anf shared out little secrets.shared our problems about our families....and our love life....

My Dad got better now,and has been back to work full time.Sometimes it entails him to travel and be out of the house for weeks and even months.But we are all together now. Ariel is reviewing for her board exams,Rainie is Senior in high school and Key is now in grade school.And yes he is no longer a baby. I became closer to my cousins and yes we  are back in being a family again,,,and i was so happy....

My first hospital experience was quite exciting and yes nerve racking too.We had out training to a veteran hospital were in all the patients are male. Although i have been exposed to a coed environment but i don't know why I still can't get comfortable with the opposite . And yes having them as a patient doesn't help.I thought for a while that we will be having old male patients but I was surprised how young the population were.

MY first patient was this young man who was shot down in the battle and suatained a chronic vbone infection.Our first trainng is how to develop an interaction with our patient and we have to keep a diary about it. it was so hard for me for my patient doesnt really talk but just stares at me while I tried to draw any information from him.Later on my classmates teased me about him and that made me more conscious than ever... I hated it having a male patient at all....it made me very nervous being around them...

The second one is not a help either...We have a rotation to each unit every month and so you tend to keep your patient for a very long time ,until they are discharged from the hospital...The second one is also another young patient.he is just on his twenties...and yes he was a disable veteran now even at a young age. he was hit by a bullet,that made him walk in a limping gait..He was tall and very good looking with a nice smile.He was nice but you know when a guy wants to take advantage of you and have something more in his mind than being a nurse and a patient.....Since I have to help him with his hygiene and do things for him.He made me help him wash himself...and I was so afraid...I have to pull my classmate from her patient...because he made me very nervous...and i needed somebody with me.There were times when he will try to hold my hand when I was giving him medications.I was so afraid of him....He even told my classmates that he really likes me....I don't even want to come back the next day but I hate to tell my instructor about my situation.But i should have told her about him....

I tried to solve my problem by having my classmate come with me ,everytime I go in his room.I never let myself to be alone with him anymore...he sort of creep me out...I never knew that nursing can be like this...never expected what Ii am getting into...I just hope to move on to the next rotation again and to a different hospital this time.....I hope there will be no more young male as a patient.....