When Home Is Not Home Anymore

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

Hebe woke up from her nap,as she opened her eyes and they were almost home already.The whole family is going home ,her Mom and Dad and her sisters, Rainie and Ariel and her baby brother Key.he is not even a baby anymore.He has grown to a toddler,who keeps and walking and talking non stop now.He is clearly the the star in all of them.

The car slow down as they passed the mountainous area and as the car descend,she can the outline of their small town like literally sleeping at the foot of mountain ranges.The mountain looked so blue and green ,as the thick trees abound....and then the town that she have known has come to life as excitement filled Hebe's heart.

"It has been a while since we all went home."her Mom was saying.

" I wonder if any of my friends are still there or if even they are coming home this feast day."Ariel said.

"I am sure they are going home and they always asked about you." Hebe said."I am excited to see my friends again." as she grimmed at her.

Rainie just sat there and was all too quiet.She got nobody back home for she did not grew up there but at their father's hometown."How long are we staying her again?" she asked.

"About a week."  Ariel answered.Rainie just sighed...while Hebe smiled.

And soon enough,just after they get settled for the day,Ella and Selina came asking for Hebe ,as she went with them.They went to Selina's house as they catch up what is the latest in their life.They talked about their classmates.They talked about boys and they talked about schools.Soon they will be on their Senior years and yes they are also talking about college life.Somehow Hebe felt that they have grown up all of a sudden and now they are talking about totally different things.She asked about Yesung but it seems like they have not been really in touch with each other,for the only thing that Selina and Ella knew was that he has been with Geun Young most of the time.They don't know if they are on together or what.

That night all of them went to the fair at the Plaza.Ariel went with her friends and tagged Rainie with her.And Hebe went with her friends.There were rides, games and shows.There so many things to do.There Hebe met up their male classmates.Yesung was there with Kyuhyun,Donghae and the whole gang.Yesung just smiled at her and never really talked to her.She doesn't know why. He seems shy  or embarassed.But she didn't missed the glance that he cast her way all the time.She wondered if their being grown up now has something to do with it.But she is the same thing.She is too shy to approach him.What happened to them she wondered...Beforte she can just come to him and just basically say to him what she wants to say to him but today...she can't seem to do that and so is he...

As they are watching the stage show,Hebe was with their girl classmates and the guys stuck up together,and yet it doesn't seem that the two groups want to be apart.Each group is just too aware what the other group is doing,and the guys seems to be always trailing behind the girls.Abd before Hebe knew it,,as the night progresses,yesung was on her side,,as they are laughing at the jokes on the show.

"So how are you? It has been a while..." Yesung said as he smiled at her.

She smiled back at him."Yeah,a whole year.I almost cannnot believe it." Hebe said."So how is our old school?"

"It is still the same.Same old classmates and nothing new.How's your new school?You are a city girl now." he said.

"Not quite.I am still a small town girl at heart." she said.

"You must have alot of friends there now." he said."And you have forgotten your friends here now."

"Of course not." she hastily said.If he only knew that the friends in the city was never like the friends that she have here.The friendship that she developed here are deeper,and yes more lasting.

"So where is Geun Young? Your Aphrodite???" she asked.

"He went home to her father's town.It is vacation time,She always go home there." he answered.

"Are you together now?"she asked.

"Not quite but we are almost there." he said,Hebe smiled back at him.

"I am glad for you.I just know how much you really like her.So I am happy for you." she said.

'How about you,any cute guys in your new school?" he asked.

"No,I mean  alot of cute guys but I don't really know them.The guys are seperated fron the girls.So I never get the chance to really know any of them," Hebe said.

"Well I am sure you will meet somebody interesting soon." he said."And i know for sure that the guy will bowled out by you beauty." as he laughed.hebe laughed with him too.And as they looked around,they never noticed that it is just the two of them now seating in one of the benches in the dark spots of the ground.

The sky is dark that night ,only  the quarter moon is giving them some light and the twinkle of the multitudes of tiny stars.To some it looks like they are lovers in their cladestine meetings,but in reality,it is just friends finding each other again,...

"Do you know that I missed you a lot ?" Hebe said."More than anybody else in this whole town,you are the one that I missed the most." as she looked at him..."Why do we have to grow up?"

"I missed you a lot too." as he looked at her.His eyes said a lot of things to Hebe "Yes,why do we have too...but then..I guess we wont be talking like this,if we never grow up." He wants very much to hug her like they used to when they were young when they missed each other but now they can't do it now...all they can do is just looked at each other.But somehow they seem to understand one another now more than ever....