Summer Loving

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

Summer Session came to soon.And yes I have such a positive feeling about this.As my sisters got ready for summer fun,here I am grilling on books and notes and frogs.But I know that this summer class will be such a fun one,cause I will be spending time with my friends.

Zoology is the one of our major subject in our course and it is very important to get a high mark ,in order to get in a nice refutable nursing school for internship.And not that it entails memorization of a lot of facts but also it entails the knowledge of animal body parts specifically the frogs.

I hate frogs growing up,not only hate but scared of it,for I hated it's bulging eyes looking at me. And here I am in Zoology lab,dissecting and identifying it's body parts.I can't stand the smell of formalin and all the chemicals around it. But since I don't have any choice but to dig in and deal with the whole thing.And seating on the subject the whole day doesn't help the nauseous feeling that I feel at all.

But my two friends ,who are all excited to attend the classes are with me.They dragged me to a lot of places that I never want to be in the first place.And the reason for the smile in their faces is the presence of Donghae in our class.Although he will be a Senior this coming fall semester,he was the Assistant of our Professor in the laboratory.I never knew how he really ends up in that position ,I guess he must be really smart to get that job.

And so Donghae,the apple of my friends eyes,and yes they about him,all the time.They knew what he has been up to,knew who he was dating and knew what and where he ate for dinner.They basically stalked the poor guy without his knowledge.And i could not believe that I was apart of that stalking.

Donghae,is such a serious student.he doesn't smile that much.I thought he was snob or something.I think he thinks so highly of himself too.But then I can never tell that to my friends or I will be really dead.In the looks department ,he is quite a looker,I might say.he got this beautiful eyes,and yes this flawless complexion,nothing short of a girl.He is not that tall, but yes definitely taller than me, he is on the slim side,not the buff type of guy at all ,nice set of pearly whites and a beautiful smile if he happens to smile at all.I think he knew that he is popular and that girls are crushing on him,and plus the brain part then you could say that he is almost perfect son of a ..Yeah,I don't really like him at all,cause he thinks so highly of himself,which I hated in a guy.

So there he was,and i have been seeing him everyday that summer,until we had our first exams.And yes only three people passed the exams.,and I was one of them.Did I tell you that  he is also the one checking our exams and grading us? And yes he is the one.And so he asked in the class who was Hebe Tian,probably he doesn't know me,cause I have been very quiet,as i raised my hand.He looked at me and nodded his head and smiled , I never understood what he meant by that.

Probably he was impressed by my grades,for somehow,he has been very nice to me after that.He would smile at me,everytime we crossed our path,and I would just looked at him.And my friends has started to notice...

"How come he always smiled at you and not to us?" Daisy complained,as she pouts."It is not fair,you don't even like him."

"He doesn't smile at me.He doesn't even greet me or say anything.What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"Yes,that is not fair.How come he only knows you and yet he doesn't even knew our name nor take any notice on us." Luna said.

"We are hardly on speaking terms,what are you talking about?" I told them.Truly I am not really interested in him.He is hardly my type at all.And I can feel the envy and jealousy of my friend surfacing already,just because of a simple acknowledgement on his part.

"Well if he likes you,then I guess it is alright.But it is just unfair,you don't even like him at all." Daisy said again.And we are the one who are really crazy about him and he just ignore us. I really don't know what he sees in you."

i just kept quiet.Just a simple attention and it is going to be the of our discord.I never  thought that a boy can cause a strain in a friendship,not on my part.,in a million of years. Boys are not the end of it all.....

Midterm came and I was not ready for it,as i hardly pass the exam.I looked at my test paper,and i feel so disappointed with my grades.The Professor is a known stingy in giving high marks.If I continue this,I will pass but not the mark that I really wanted,and i will be really in big trouble.

As I was looking at my papers,Donghae came at my desk and looked at test paper,and made a facial expression."You didn't study,right?" he asked.The first conversation that we had.

I looked at him and shook my head,as I frown and continue to look at my papers.

"The grade is not going to change even if you stare at it for the whole day." he said,as he smiled at me,and I smiled back at him."Anyway your grades are far better than most of the people here."

"Yeah but I neeed a good grade to get to the program." I said as the frown came back on my face.

"Then you know what to do,study." he said,as I nodded my head."You hang out with your friends too much,that is your problem." and with that he left my side.I was not able to answer him back.I could not think of an appropriate reply at that time.So he knows more about me than I thought. I wonder what is his interest in my grades is all about,and why he is always on the look out for me???? As i started to think differently about him.......and started to think of him more than I want to.....and against the wishes of my friends....