Fading Summer...

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

I looked out at the window and watched the rain go by.Summer is almost over,and yes we only have a few days left and then finals already.The rainy season has started,heralding the coming season and that means that summer is almost over.In as much as i love the rain before,somehow this time I was hoping that sunny days will last a little bit longer this time.

"So what is on your mind?" Victoria asked sitting on the chair by the window.We are just basically waiting for the next period to be over and then it is lunch time for us.

"Nothing,it is just the summer is almost over." I said as I sat down on the chair beside her.

"Tell me about it." she said."I can't think of fall yet.I know I have to choose my major soonand i might move to another college." as she put her hand on her chin,thinking hard.

"So what will happen now?" I asked.She shook her head,sadness in her eyes can be seen.Victoria has been on her own lately,and not been joining the group this summer. And later we knew the reason why. She happened to fall to one of our Professor,our Chemistry professor to be exact. And it very important that they have to keep their relationship secret. Not only because a student and Professor relationship is prohibited but because the guy in question is already married.

Mr Lee,was one of our Professor in Chemistry,and he was quite very good looking and a graduate of a very prestigious school. Yes  a lot of his student are cushing on him,and Victoria was one of them. But i don't know if it is luck or not, he happens to take fancy of her also.And so they started their cladestine affair. Me I really don't have anything to say. I know it is wrong,but my friend is very much in love and I don't have the heart to tell it to her face. I knew deep in her heart she knew that it was so wrong,especially when I learned that the wife just have a baby a month ago. But who am I to judge them.....

I watched her walk to his office when the bell rang...And as I watched her back,I saw Donghae there,staring at me....I wonder if he knew what's going on,for their office is just across the Chemistry office.....I looked back at him unsmiling and find myself coloring....as I looked away.....It seems now I would have a hard time,covering my feelings for him....

Finals came and yes another difficult exam is staring at me....And yes this time,Donghae really stayed by my side,and kept feeding me with answers. I was tempted not to follow him but then.....I didn't know why I did it...and felt guilty in the end, cause in the end i just realized,that what I did was nothing short of cheating....But why would Donghae did that to me? Everybody said that he likes me,but although I really would like to believe that he likes me, I have my doubts about it.

So far aside from the smile and the favors that he do to keep my grades up,he has not said anything to me. We never went beyond acknowledgement of each other whenever we met in the campus. Sometimes I wonder if he really knew anything about me....Aside from our conversation in the classroom, nothing has transpired between us.....

And yes finally the summer is over and I am looking back to fall semester. And yes got a pretty decent grade,courtesy of Donghae...and yes never knew that after the summer I will be having this feeling for him....And yes the two weeks break before Fall,all I can think of is Donghae and when will I ever see him again.....and if ever our relationship will progress for something more....