CollegeLife

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

I started college life,with a blank mind.I still don't know what i want to become.I have this huge dream when I was young ,way back in grade school.When Yesung and I used to share our dreams of making  big changes in the world.We are going to make it better,nothing short of being a Super Woman and with Yesung as a Superman.We are going to tackle all the problems heads on and there will be backing down.

But now here I am still undecided of what path to take.My Mom wants me to be nurse cause she wants to be a nurse back then,and then her parents intervened and she ended up being a teacher.And now she is forcing it on me.And it seems like a big cycle all over again.But then I promised myself that i will stop the cycle.I won't be like my parents.I will give my kids enough freedom to choose the path that they want to take.And since I was so stubborn to their ideas,I ended up in the college of arts and sciences until I decide.But defying them,is like defying the law of nature.They are too powerful for me,and yes they are the one paying for my education so basically I don't really have any choice.I have only two choicest in my life,one is to be a nurse and the other to be an accountant...But deep in my heart I want to be an engineer...a chemical engineer or something ,someone who will discover something ,that will change the world .But I don't know how to do about that...

After a huge fight and yes lots of tears from both sides,I finally conceded to what my Mom wants...and that I decided to be a nurse.it is the better choice than being an accountant.Somehow being a nurse is more noble than being an accountant,I thought...And yes I have this thing in me in my heart.

The city is a big place to conquer,so as to speak.It is not like the small town where I knew every little nook and where I knew all the people in our small town.Here everywhere  seems  to be a stranger and it is so hard to get close and trust anybody.I have a hard time opening up myself to anybody.I am afraid that they will think of me as too naive and most of all stupid.My classmates even in high school seems to be more mature than me,and are more experienced,while me,I have no experienced at all.My world revolves around school and home and that is all to it.And since stepping into college and leaving the high school grounds I never got in touch with my old classmates and my friends.It seems I just shut them out from my world....

As I glide to college...and i thought my life will be just as boring as anybody else...untilI learn to open up myself and learn the value of friendship...Now i know the meaning of ...no man is an island...

I met Daisy on my second semester in my first year.She was this girl with an easy cmile and yes with a sense of humor too.Befoe i knew it ,we were laughing at one of her jokes about our Professor.And then later on,we are sharing our lunches together.

Daisy was a very strong girl.I was fascinated by her strenght and character.She lives by herself in a dorm with the girls.Her parents lives far from the city.And yes she dreams big as her parents dreams with her.They are not rich or anything.In fact she was short of money most of the time...And I see the contrasting thing in our life.Here I am living with my parents and yes quite well provided for and her living by herself and making a hard time meeting her needs,so she needs to work in order to supplement what her parents has been giving her.And yes,she can still smile and laygh through all her problems,while me I am bored and bitter and angry and unsatisfied the way things are going on with my life.Sometimes I wondered how can she still smile,when she is dogtired from working and school and yet it seems never enough to meet her expenses...while I pout for having enough...Somehow knowing her is such an eye opener for me....