My First Love

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

As I graduated and get ready for the biggest exam on my life,little that I knew that I will experienced something that I have been waiting for in my life. I never knew that I will fall in love finally.But somehow meeting him for the first time,I just knew that he is going to be someone that will be very special in my life....My first love...Jiro.

It was the first week of june,and the weather has started to warm up,and yes it was one of the early get together of the year for the coming season.It was my cousins wedding,Aya . They have been together,Aya and Bob and i just knew that it will take only a while before finally they will exchange their I do's. They looked like they really love each other,if not why would my cousin defy my Aunt and uncle wishes to dumped him,and find someone else. But my cousin was adamant,she wants only Bob and nobody else and my Aunts and Uncle can't do nothing,when she ran away with him ,and came back pregnant with their first grandchild.

And they decided a garden wedding,right at their own backyard,it is big enough to accomodate all the visitors anyway.Everybody was excited,I was excited for I was one of the bride'smaid. I was so excited to wear on of those fairytale gown to the wedding.Need I say that i was looking extra beautiful that day. And I was twenty and I was on my prime,I have noticed too that  men stared at me now,more than i want to. I was this sweet,innocent  girl ,who looked so naive and yes with no knowledge of the real world.

I first met Jiro when he walked on our table and as i looked at him,and wondered who could this guy be? I knew almost everybody in the party,from my cousins friends and Uncle side of family. And this Jiro walked in with this grin in his face,like he doesn't belong or he is crashing in on a party.And then later found out that he is a friend  of the groom's friend.And he is just there to meet up with him.And yes he is not even invited for the wedding.But common courtesy ,they invited him to the reception. And it just so happen that he sat next to me....

The formal reception was over and Aya and Bob was mingling around with the remaining visitors,some are really close relatives and really close friends.We were in the table as the bride and groom exchanged jokes and stories.And found myself seated next to a new guy that I hardly knew.

"Hi,I am Jiro,and I heard your name is Hebe?" he asked in confirmation.

"Yes" I said as I shyly looked the other way,but I can feel my face heating up,which I can't understand.

"I am so embarassed walking in like this.I didn't know that there is a wedding." he said. "Jimmy didn't tell me.He just tld me that he is in town,and that i should meet him here."

"It is alright. Nobody minds." I said.

"I felt like crashing in. " he said,as he started to look around the people in the table. He was quiet at first. He was more intent in listening what the other people have to say and share.There were ual jokes as everybody laughed in the table. he was also laughing along with them,as I took a sideway glanced at him, and yes he was looking at me...more like staring at me.

It was getting late already, as one by one the guest started to leave,but only our table was left behind. There was ten of us and yes they are still having grand time exchaning stories.And as he listens,he would ask me some things,and before I knew it,I have told him that I just graduated and was waiting for my board results.And before we started parting ways,he gave me his calling card and later learned that he is a lawyer by profession. And I noticed his last name having the same last name with my crush in the hospital where I trained and who happen to operate on my brother, on his appendix.

"How are you related to Alex Wang?" I asked.

"Oh Alex is my brother. I figured ,you might have known him." he said.

"He is your brother ?" I asked ,as I began to get really excited.I have the biggest crush on him,when i met him to operate on my brother this summer. He was so nice and quite very friendly,and accomodating. I was thinking that...he might be interested in me..but dismissed the idea right away when he didn't make any move after that.

"Yes,and he is getting married soon." he added,as he crushed any ideas that has just came to my mind after that.I wondered if he saw the excitement in my eyes at the mention of his name,and wondered too if he noticed the disappointment after.

"I see." I said,as I tried so hard to smile and hide my disappointment that I felt.

"Can I call you?" he asked.as he looked at me. I nodded my head and looked down for i can feel that I am blushing again,and yes my hands is sweaty and my heart started racing....and as he said goodbye that night....his name was on my lips...Jiro..Jiro as i sleep that night.....