Finding Treasures

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

Kimi looked at the house from the outside.Somehow today,she felt the silence and the stillness of the place after so many years.She grew up in this house and yes loved every moments spent in this house.The For sale sign is still there and was marked Sold.,at the top.Soon this house is no longer theirs but somebody else.Melancholia came to her,somehow today she is having a difficult time letting it go.

She felt George arms around her,as she looked at him and he smiled at her.he knows about her feelings about the house,after all he is her husband.They are selling the house cause it will be hard to be keeping both house at he same time,when the other one,their own home is a hundred miles away from here.And there will be nobody here to look after the house,unlike before.

Her Mom,has been pretty sick now,and she will be unable to live on her own.Her memories has been blurry,and she has been forgetting things .here and there.It will not be safe to be on her own.They decided to take her home instead of putting her in the nursing home or some assisted living institution.She will feel better that way,her Mom by her side.She knows ,it will be tough,besides having a baby of her own, but she just can't let her live on her own.

They decided to sell the house.And the realtor called and the buyer is eager and excoted to move on as soon as possible.Somehow her own heart sank when she heard that they have a buyer already.The process was too quick for her own mind.Somehow deep in her heart,she knows that she doesn't want to let go,of her memories,of her past and of her childhood.

Today,she and George are gonna clean up and look what they want to keep or just throw away or what to give away.Some of them are old and some are just full of memories.her Mom is known for hoarding things around.She got files and files of paper works.She doesn't really knew what was in them.She never showed it to anybody ,even her own Dad.It must be her most prized possession and yet the most kept secret in the house....

They walked inside the house.it still looked good.The entry foyer looked inviting enough with the mirror and the table and a flowering vase.That vase always holds fresh flowers everyday when her mom was still strong and vibrant.But now ,it holds an artificial flowers.A paper flower,the one that you find in the cheap dollar stores nowadays.Her heart  aches at the sight of it.

"Honey,why don't you start in the bedrooms and I look around here." George said.

Kimi nodded her head as she walked slowly upstairs in the bedroom.The house is not really that big,but just the right size for them.She was the only child and they have only three bedrooms.One is reserved for the visitors who happens to pass by.her Mom always got friends and relatives that stays over,and she always welcomed them with open arms...

She went to her bedroom.it is only a bed and a drawer there now.Her own stuff has long been gone,since she got married.But she still got her baby pictures on the wall,and her own graduation pictures from college.She has to remember to take it down from there.

She walked to her Mom's bedroom and it is  still full  of her Mom's stuff.Her clothes in the closet.Her numerous shoes all lined up.her bags and wallets ,all in various colors,ready for picking.She opened her drawer and found some small jewelry boxes,as she opened them.Jewelries,,...and lots of them...some precious and some are not.She will have a hard time differentiating which one is real and not.And maybe when her Mom is feeling better,she can show it to her and let her pick what she wanted to keep for herself.....

She went up on that creaky stairs,leading to the attic.There were cobwebs and dust everywhere,as she opened the door wide.Dust came flying,making her sneezed and coughed.The place has been untouched for years,but everything is neatly filed and boxes of memories and old photographs were there.It will take forever for her to clean up and sort out this place,she thought,and she doesn't got that much time in her hands.maybe she just have to dump everything in the garbage...until something caught her eyes....

In one of the boxes....there was something that was written...Love letters,Photographs and Diaries.All this time,she neevr really understood her Mom.She have loved her uncoditionally and yet never really can grasp her frame of thoughts.She was always happy and full of life.She always have a smile on her face,she maybe sad in a moment and yet remained hopeful in times of tragedy.She had witthstand,tragedies,and heartaches in her lifetime and yet she always stood tall.She is always strong and yes she never falters,no matter what..If she can only have her inner strength ,then maybe she will be a better Mom to her baby.Even half way of her is good...and to be the whole of her is even better if not the best....Tears came to her.....as the memories of her mom came to her.....