CHAP 34: SURPRISE………

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 34: SURPRISE………

 

 

It has been a while since Kiseop became normal again. He talks normally, laugh normally and face Jaeseop normally. He has moved on well with Jaeseop’s useful help. He even asks Jaeseop to go out more often. Of course, Jaeseop doesn’t mind at all. He is happy only with his best friend’s comeback. So that only makes him beyond happy.

Although there are so many times he just wants to hug and kiss Kiseop because of all the other’s admirable actions, he restrains himself from doing that. He has made up his mind to put aside his feelings for Kiseop. He just needs Kiseop to stay by his side forever, even only with a role of a friend. That is enough for Jaeseop now. But it is just for now. He doesn’t know how long he can endure this.

 

As to Kiseop, he is still trying to get over Kevin. And he thinks his attempts have somewhat succeeded. He doesn’t think about Kevin as much as he used to. He no longer feels lonely when catching some lovey-dovey couples because he has Jaeseop next to him every time. He appreciates his best friend so much for all his care and concern. He knows Jaeseop still loves him a lot. He notices many times Jaeseop wants to do something intimate with him but stops before any action is carried out. He is sure that it is really hard for Jaeseop to keep an approximate distance from him when they are together all the time. He understands exactly what it feels when you love somebody and they don’t love you back. It hurt, hurt a lot. It can bleed him dry sooner or later. He doesn’t want Jaeseop to suffer from that pain like he used to, especially when Jaeseop mightn’t have anyone to help him recover like Kiseop has Jaeseop help him. Kiseop, for sure, needs to do something about this before his friend’s condition gets worse. But the problem is what he should do now.

 

~oOo~

    

Tonight like every other weekend nights, Jaeseop and Kiseop are hanging around. It seems to be their habit already. Every Sunday they meet up at a coffee shop talking about random things then go for a walk together before Jaeseop take Kiseop home. They spend time with each other every weekday but somehow the urge to be together still works on them. Kiseop doesn’t want to feel lonely and have spare time since whenever he is alone and free, his mind will wander to some miserable memories. And to Jaeseop, he wants to be the one that always stands by Kiseop’s side and takes care of him. Therefore they decide to see each other every day.    

After paying their drinks, Jaeseop heads out the coffee shop first. Kiseop follows him right after. The cold air hits his face unexpectedly making him shiver a bit. He looks at the front boy. His breath becomes a string of smoke right the second it comes out from his mouth. He must be really cold too. Kiseop suddenly thinks of what Jaeseop may do if the one next to him now was his lover, not Kiseop. His lover’s lips would wrap around his bringing them the new essential warmth that Kiseop can’t give his friend.

Kiseop’s eyes move down Jaeseop’s sides. His hands clench tight. If he was going with his boyfriend or girlfriend, he would hold his partner’s hand to warm them up. That would be so romantic, wouldn’t it? But unfortunately, Jaeseop is with Kiseop now. He is not only unable to hold somebody’s hand but also restrain himself from getting too close to Kiseop. A wave of guilt suddenly strikes Kiseop’s heart. It is all his fault making Jaeseop suffer like this. He should let Jaeseop go and find his love. But another thought pops into Kiseop’s head. Can he be the one that holds Jaeseop’s hand? Is it alright if he warms Jaeseop up? Are their hands going to fit each other perfectly like everyone usually says about lovers? Jaeseop loves him. And Kiseop needs a lover. Why can’t they be together that way? Don’t think that Kiseop is taking advantage of Jaeseop or pitying him. It’s just not everyone loves at first sight right? Feelings like love need to be built gradually, don’t them?

Hesitantly Kiseop catches up with Jaeseop. Raising his hand diffidently, his fingertip touches Jaeseop’s palm a bit. But before he could hold the other’s hand in his, Kiseop has stopped himself from doing that. He can’t do that. He can’t just decide everything on his own like that. What if he failed in trying to love Jaeseop? How could they move on after that? How could they face each other? How could they live without the other? Wouldn’t it be a terrible tragedy for both of them?    

As soon as Kiseop takes back his hand, Jaeseop turns around to face him.

“Kiseop, what’s wrong? Why are you walking so slowly?” Jaeseop asks impatiently.

“Oh, nothing. I’m just wondering why tonight is so cold.” Kiseop quickly thinks of a lie.

“Let’s go home quickly then!” Jaeseop suggests wrapping his arm around Kiseop’s shoulders like a brother. Actually deep inside his heart, he wants to hug Kiseop, hold his hand and kiss his lips like a lover to warm him up. But he knows that only scares Kiseop and brings an end to their relationship.

 

~oOo~

 

“Stupid Kiseop, why can’t you be more careful?” Kiseop groans to himself. He feels like an absolute idiot right now because he has just twisted his ankle while jogging upstairs. It hurts like crazy. He now has to manage to take each single step difficultly to reach his classroom on the third floor. There is still one floor waiting for him ahead.

“Kiseop, hello!” Kiseop hears Jaeseop greet him from behind.

“Morning, Jaeseop.” Kiseop greets back forcing a fake smile to appear on his wry face. He really doesn’t want to worry the other anymore. He has always been so troublesome.

“Is there something wrong? You don’t look well.” Jaeseop asks concernedly. He knows something bad has just happened to the other. Despite that smile, he is sure that Kiseop isn’t fine today.

“I’m totally fine. Let’s go. Otherwise we can be late.” Kiseop says nudging at Jaeseop’s side.

“Um, alright.” Jaeseop hesitantly agrees. But sooner or later he will find the other’s problem.

They start to walk to their class. But something is unusually. Kiseop is walking at a snail’s pace! He doesn’t talk much. When Jaeseop talks, he just nods or shakes his head or adds some simple comments. Noticing this, Jaeseop slows down his speed to observe the other more carefully. Kiseop’s hands are clenching tightly. Sweats are falling down from his forehead. His walking posture is the most abnormal thing. Kiseop’s legs must be really hurt. Jaeseop can confirm this now. Stopping on his track, he lifts Kiseop up in his arms suddenly.

“Jaeseop, what are you doing?” Kiseop yells in surprise.

“Your legs are hurt, right?” Jaeseop asks but it comes out more like an assertion.

“I can walk by myself.” Kiseop mumbles not arguing anything with the other.

“No, you can’t. Look at you right now. No one can say you can walk alone.” Jaeseop claims rightly.

“Just put me down. You don’t need to carry me like this. You can help me walk.” Kiseop pleads hopefully.

“You have forced yourself for too long. If you continue, your injury might get worse.” Jaeseop retorts.

“But…” Kiseop says still trying another reason to persuade his friend.

“I’ll bring you to the nurse’s office.” Jaeseop finishes their conversation.

 

Kiseop finally gives in. He can’t talk back Jaeseop since everything the other says is true. Moreover, he really can’t walk anymore. His ankle feels like it has already broken. His body lets loose in Jaeseop’s embrace. Snuggling closer to the other’s chest, he can hear his steady heartbeat clearly. To be honest, Jaeseop has always brought him the feeling of security in the past, at the present and in the future, for sure. Why can’t he let himself sink in that feeling? It must because of his fears. But then again, everyone has their own fears and if you live your life with so many fears and hesitations, good chances will slip through your hands easily. Sometimes risking something is necessary for your betterment. If that day Jaeseop hadn’t confessed to him, Kiseop wouldn’t have known about his best friend’s feelings for him. If that event hadn’t happened, they wouldn’t have been this close. Despite all its consequences, Jaeseop’s confession has made their friendship somewhat stronger since they don’t hide many things from each other anymore. Maybe Kiseop needs to ignore his fears this time to give both of them a chance……  

  

Sinking deep into Jaeseop’s arms, Kiseop lets out a sigh. Having Jaeseop beside all the time is so comfortable. Kiseop really wants to enjoy that feeling more. His relationship with Jaeseop is already really close. He just needs more guts to reach it, doesn’t he?

 

~oOo~

 

“What do you think about this restaurant?” Kiseop asks hopefully.

“The food here is really good.” Jaeseop comments then continues on his meal.

“Yeah. I have just found it. Since it’s really good, I want to take you here right away.” Kiseop explains halfheartedly.

“Thank you. You are such a good friend.” Jaeseop compliments making the other’s stomach twist. If Kiseop tells Jaeseop the exact reason for this meal, he doesn’t know how he will react.

“Just enjoy your meal.” Kiseop says refocusing on the dish in front of him. But it seems so plain now because his mind is now full of thoughts for the opposite guy.

They finish their meal in silence since every time Jaeseop tries to make a conversation Kiseop will unknowingly prevent it from starting.

“Let’s go home now. You don’t look good today.” Jaeseop suggests tiredly.

“Um… Jaeseop…I want to ask you something.” Kiseop starts hesitantly.

“Go ahead.” Jaeseop says wanting to end this talk with Kiseop more than ever.

“This is really hard to ask.” Kiseop continues. He still hasn’t gathered enough courage to speak it out.

“Just ask. I’ll answer if I can.” Jaeseop urges.

.

.

.

.

.

“Please let me be your boyfriend.” Kiseop shouts out with all his might because it’s the only way he can think of to encourage himself.

“What?” Jaeseop asks back with his eyes widen and his jaw drops.

“Forget about it.” Kiseop mumbles in embarrassment. He has never thought that asking someone out is this embarrassing, even in front of Kevin.

“No. Have you just asked me to be your boyfriend?” Jaeseop asks to reassure.

“No. I have asked you to let me be your boyfriend.” Kiseop corrects trying to control the heat rushing to his face.

“Is that really different?” Jaeseop asked getting more bewildered.

“Um… when I asked you to be my boyfriend, you would be my boyfriend, of course only if you wanted. But when I asked you to let me be your boyfriend, you mightn’t be my boyfriend if you don’t want but I would do things a boyfriend should do to you.” Kiseop explains. He doesn’t know where he gets that thought from but he thinks that it’s true. He wants to be Jaeseop’s boyfriend, to take care of him and… love him even when Jaeseop doesn’t feel the same way. However he is quite sure that his best friend somewhat still feels the same way.

“Kiseop, you are so cute!” Jaeseop chuckles at the other’s overloaded cuteness.

“Do you accept or not?” Kiseop yells getting too sheepish to linger the moment any longer.

“Of course, I do. But I don’t understand.” Jaeseop accepts without hesitation. He can swear to god that he has never been this happy before.

“Let’s go home.” Kiseop changes the subject grabbing the other’s hand to head out the restaurant.

After paying the bill, Kiseop keeps on dragging Jaeseop outside. He walks quickly in the front so that Jaeseop can’t see his face now. Although he doesn’t see it himself, he is certain that it is as red as a tomato because he feels like he is suffering from a fever. They don’t say any word since Kiseop is too embarrassed while Jaeseop is still sinking deep in happiness and confusion as well. Stopping in front of the bus stop, Kiseop eventually lets go of Jaeseop’s hand. 

“From now on, we will be dating.” Kiseop announces then runs away as fast as possible.

Jaeseop is left dumbfounded amongst the stream of people. He doesn’t know the reason for all of this. But as long as it is what Kiseop wants, he will comply if he can. And of course, he can comply this. To be exact, he hasn’t ever expected there would be someday Kiseop asked him to date him. Not only that, his expression when he asked was so precious, so shy yet so resolving. Jaeseop doesn’t need to know whether Kiseop loves him or not. He just knows that Kiseop is trying to give them both an opportunity to grow their feelings. And that is enough for him now.

Thinking about their future dates, Jaeseop starts to grin from ear to ear and jump like crazy in public. He doesn’t care much about other people. All he cares now is Kiseop will be his boyfriend from now on! The mere thought drives him beyond happy. This is absolutely the best day ever in his lifetime!   

 

 

A/N: Sorry that the change is so sudden ^____________^

But things still go well as I expect :)))

Seriously, 2seop is so cuteeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I always giggle while writing about 2seop =)))))))))))

 

I'm really sorry to say this. I will update really slowly since my school year has just started this week. And this is the most important year in my student life. My future depends on this year. So I have to focus on studying. I hope you can understand. But don't worry. I will still update as soon as possible :))))))

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <333333333333333