CHAP 14: DEADLINE…..

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 14: DEADLINE…..

 

 

Walking slowly on the crowded street, Kevin lets out a heavy sigh. Today is already Saturday, the day he has to give Kiseop his answer. No doubt that it’s weekend. So everyone seems to feel like hanging out a lot. Chatters and laughter are everywhere. They may be the happy signs to others but to Kevin, they are really annoying because he can’t think properly when being surrounded by them.

Elbowing himself through the stream of people, Kevin makes his way to the coffee shop where they officially met as Kiseop has texted him. He takes a deep breath before opening the door of the shop. What he is going to do will probably hurt someone badly so he needs to prepare himself fully.

He nods to himself taking a step inside. He’s looking around the place and finds out that Kiseop hasn’t arrived yet. It must because he’s too worried to realize that he has left his house so soon. He sighs in relief searching for an empty table. At least he still has time to think over everything again. Finally he chooses the table next to the window so that he can see Kiseop come as soon as possible.

Playing with his fingers worriedly, he rearranges what he is going to tell Kiseop. He has practiced this many times in front of the mirror but this time is so much different. His target will be Kiseop not his reflection anymore. Cold sweats start to roll down on his forehead at that thought. This work to Kevin isn’t easy at all so being that nervous is understandable.

To decrease the nervousness he is experiencing, Kevin decides to have a hot milk coffee. He calls the waiter and orders two cups as he thinks Kiseop may get cold and tired because of the crowded streets and freezing weather. He also tells the waiter to bring one first for him and the other will be served when his friend comes. Kiseop won’t be able to feel the warmth and the sweetness as well as the bitterness of the coffee if they make them too soon. After ordering, he gets back with his uncompleted job.

Few minutes later, the waiter comes out bringing with him the coffee as ordered. Kevin politely receives the cup then slowly takes a small sip. As he thought, hot milk coffee is a great choice for this situation. The heat spreading from the cup warms up Kevin’s hands which are covered with sweat. The smoke coming out of the coffee clings onto his cold cheeks. The slight sweetness and the pleasant bitterness blend with each other in his dry mouth before flow down to his parched throat. All of them create a comfortable feeling that has been able to put Kevin’s mind at ease for the first time since he left his house.

He looks out the window again laying his chin in his palm. This time the people on the street don’t annoy him anymore. Somewhat they make Kevin less stressful. Few couples are holding hands and talking to each other. Few businesspeople are answering their phones. Few parents are taking their children to some shops. Few students are chatting. In the street, there are so many signals of every emotion. Some are happy. Some are angry. Some are worried. Some are tired. Some are lonely. Watching them, Kevin unknowingly wishes that he didn’t have to deal with this complicated situation.

The passer-bys are walking in a rush bringing his mind to somewhere else. Losing in his trance of thoughts, his heart suddenly stops beating for a while and he jumps a bit as he realizes that Kiseop is already standing out the window waving at him with a bright smile. How can Kevin ruin that sweet smile? How can Kevin break that beautiful heart? How can Kevin crush that crystal soul? How can Kevin hurt that perfect person?

 

 

 

 

Wanting to appear best as he can, Kiseop wears his best outfit. A pair of dark blue jeans, a striped shirt and a sport jacket with has the same color with the jeans. Not that they are extremely beautiful, it’s just they are his favorite. He feels really confident when wearing them.. After fixing himself in front of the mirror, he heads out his house and for the place he will meet Kevin.

Just a few days passed but to him, it felt like a year has passed. In his lifetime, he has never had that strange feeling. He has never thought that waiting for something is that wonderful and painful at the same time. However, no matter what that feeling is, he has enjoyed it a lot. Hardly a day passes without his thinking about Kevin. That makes a day more meaningful than ever.

Will Kevin accept or refuse his confession? That question has been haunting him those past four days. If Kevin accepts then it will the best thing that has ever happened to him. If Kevin refuses then it will be the worst thing that has ever happened to him. Although those two suppositions are completely opposite, he has decided to accept Kevin’s answer with his lowest reaction. He’s afraid that his overreaction may terrify Kevin.

Running through the stream of people is not an easy thing to do on weekends but he doesn’t mind at all. Through the crowd, he quickly catches sight of his destination. By a window, Kevin’s figured appears. He’s quite surprised that Kevin has already been there as he thinks he doesn’t come late at all. But that is not the problem here. The thing that matters is Kevin looks so blank and worried and sad as well.

After thinking of what only Gods and Kiseop know for a while, Kiseop goes to window where Kevin is sitting. He wears his brightest smile and waves at Kevin to announce his existence…

 

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

 

 

After that, Kiseop quickly heads for the Kevin’s place. At the same speed as when he reaches the table, Kiseop sits down in front of Kevin. Seeing Kevin still stare at him and frozen in shock, Kiseop decides to be the one to start the conversation first.

“Sorry. I came a little late. Did you wait long?” He says scratching the back of his head.

“You don’t have to apologize. It’s just because I came here early. However, I didn’t wait long and I enjoyed watching people from here a lot.” Kevin replies forcing a smile.

“That’s good.” Kiseop nods his head feeling relieved to not let Kevin wait for him long.

Interrupting the conversation, the waiter carefully places the coffee in front of Kiseop as Kevin told before. He politely bows then leaves.

“It’s for me?” Kiseop questioned confusedly.

“I thought you may want it.” Kevin answers pushing the cup closer to Kiseop.

“Thank you. It’s exactly what I need now.” Kiseop brings the cup up to his mouth. He breathes in the aromatic smell of the coffee. After taking in enough the nice smell, Kiseop slowly takes a sip. The coffee continues its great job to Kiseop just like it had done to Kevin. Kiseop somehow feels really comfortable and fresh when enjoying the delicious drink.

The talk seems to be paused as they both don’t know what to say next. The space around them is filled with awkward silence. They are too busy chasing their own thoughts to realize the atmosphere surrounding them.

This time, Kevin is the one to break the silence between them. Although what he is going to do and say is extremely difficult to accept, he still has to speak out by himself. He totally could tell Kiseop about this over the phone or he could ask Dongho to do that for him. After all the considerations, this matter is so important and sensitive that only face-to-face meeting is necessary enough. He has decided to deal with it directly and straightly.

“Kiseop, I have made up my mind already. My answer is-“ He goes straight to the problem. But before he could finish, Kiseop has stopped him from doing that.

“Talk about it later. Let’s enjoy our time today.” Kiseop suggests standing up.

“But-“ Kevin is surprise at Kiseop ’s sudden move.

“No but. Just come with me and enjoy ourselves.” This time, the demand is made not suggestion anymore.

Not letting Kevin have time to think over, Kiseop takes Kevin‘s hand in his pulling Kevin up. Leaving money on the table, he drags Kevin out of the coffee shop ignoring Kevin’s confusing look. Everyone can be shocked at his actions but Kiseop knows them too well. He does them on purpose not because of overwhelming feelings. And he is the only one that knows the reason why he acts like that. 

 

 

A/N:  How do you feel about this chap? It doesnt have many details but I think it's not bad, right? A sad thing that each chap becomes shorter and shorter! I'll try make it longer next time!

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <33333333333333333333333333