CHAP 19: GARDEN FOR SOMEONE………

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 19: GARDEN FOR SOMEONE………

 

 

It is when the sun is setting down behind some tall buildings. The sunshine is becoming less dazzling and has a color which is almost like orange. Eli and Kevin are walking down the street heading for Eli’s garden. Their silhouettes printed on road surface seem to be apart only few centimeters. The two are now talking more naturally than before. Just some random things about school and friends are already able to make them feel more comfortable. It is pretty easy to understand since they have talked to each other for a while through phone. Eli has known a lot about Kevin. He always has the ability to lead the conversation and many other things. Making Kevin feel happy and excited doesn’t appear to be difficult for him. Every time he jokes or does something strange like staring passionately at the flowers…, Kevin giggles or even laughs at that. The atmosphere between them is so comfortable that many people can say that they have been friends for years.

 

 

“Kevin! Here we are!” Eli says stopping in front of a normal house.

“Where are we?” Kevin asks following the other’s action.

“My house! My garden is, of course, located in my house.” Eli answers giggling at Kevin’s question.

“His house? I’m going to his house? I never go to friends’ house, except for Dongho’s. I haven’t known him well yet. Maybe I will meet his family. I think I’m still a little afraid of them although I know that Eli is very nice and probably his family is also. Should I keep on going with him?” Nervousness suddenly fills Kevin’s mind when he thinks of going to Eli’s house without any preparation. But it doesn’t last long because Eli has already dragged him back to reality. 

“Don’t be that innocent! You know what? You can kill people with that cute innocent face.” He continues. With those words, he has successfully made Kevin blush like crazy.

“Don’t talk like that!” Kevin says turning away to hide his redden face.

“OK. OK. Let’s go to my garden. I’ll show you my house later because it’s getting dark. We should do gardening first.” Eli suggests and receives a nod from Kevin.

 

 

“Hi, noona!” Eli greets with a big smile when seeing a girl stepping out from the house.

“Oh Eli, you’re home! That is your new friend?” That girl greets back pointing to Kevin. Her eyes are widened from her brother’s behavior.

“Talk to you later. I have to do gardening now.” Eli says waving at her.

“Ok. I also have to go now. Our parents have gone somewhere too. See you.” She says quickly heading out the house.

Kevin stands still there not knowing what to say or having enough time to do that, to be exact. Their conversation is so quick that he doesn’t have the chance to see the girl’s face clearly. He blinks his eyes a few times before following Eli to another place.

 

 

They walk around the small house through a gravel path. The sound the stones clash is pretty strange and interesting to Kevin so he quite concentrates on making the sound louder. Or maybe it’s just he does that to forget the worry of being alone with Eli in his house. Eli leads Kevin to the back of the house, where his garden is lying.

“It’s here!” Eli says stopping suddenly. Because Kevin is looking at his feet all the time, he doesn’t know that they have reached the garden. As a result, he pumps into Eli making Eli laugh loudly.

“Why are you laughing?” Kevin asks being confused with Eli’s reaction.

“You know what? The first time we met was when we pumped into each other too.” Eli answers smiles happily. The memory seems to be a happy one to Eli. But to Kevin, it is not only a happy one as it brought him Eli, but it is also a miserable one because it is the origin of the occasion that he met and broke Kiseop’s heart, the one that he hasn’t ever wanted to hurt. Kevin smiles slightly at the bitter memory. He tries to hide it from Eli but he doesn’t know that Eli’s never let go of Kevin. So he, of course, notices it.

Kevin, why do you smile so bitterly? Does that memory remind you of pain or something? Am I your pain? Is that so? No, it can’t be. Haven’t you smiled at me happily a few times? Yes, you have smiled at me. I can’t have seen or thought incorrectly. I never miss any sign of your emotions. I can’t be your pain! No matter what happened to you, I won’t let you go this time. Even if I was, I won’t be. From now on, I promise I will be your happiness. Kevin, believe me.

         

 

“Don’t just stand there. Let’s do gardening together.” Eli quickly suggests.

“Can I? I haven’t done these kinds of work before.” Kevin says hesitantly.

“Definitely you can. It’s easy. Just do what I tell you to.” Eli reassures smiling to Kevin.

“OK. What should I do now?” Kevin asks as he watches Eli laying down the flower pot.

“But today there aren’t many things to do. So you just have to pluck dead leaves.” Eli says.

“Get it. What will you do?” Kevin asks again.

“I’ll plant this tree into the ground.” Eli says simply pointing to the new tree he has just bought.

“Ok. Let’s start.” Kevin says getting to start his work.

 

 

He starts to wander throughout the garden. It isn’t a big garden, just a small one but it’s really cute. It has many kinds of flowers that Kevin hasn’t seen before. Flower pots are laid on the shelves. Each pot is laid neatly at its position. Trees that are in the ground are planted in rows or circles. The garden looks extremely cute and orderly. Kevin wonders how long it takes Eli to build such a beautiful garden.

“How long have you had this garden?” Kevin lets out his curiosity.

“Since you said that you loved flower.” Eli replies.

“Is it really that quick? You really have this garden just for what I said?” Kevin asks not being able to hold back his surprise. His eyes open as widely as they can.

“You don’t need to be that surprise. Just ignore the reason. No matter what it is, I have fun with this garden. It’s cute, isn’t it?” Eli says continuing his work. 

“Have you finished your work?” Eli changes the subject.

“I don’t have much work to do since there aren’t many dead leaves. You take care of them so carefully, don’t you?” Kevin says.

“Not much.” Eli simply says.

Kevin knows that Eli must look after them every day. Because the garden is really clean. There isn’t one piece of trash here and the flowers are very fresh. Kevin is going to say that Eli just lies but decides not to do so. He doesn’t want to be a talkative person in the estimation of a new friend of his. So he just continues admiring the beauty of the garden.

His eyes unknowingly catch sight of Eli. He’s digging a hole to put the new tree in. He seems to really concentrate on what he is doing. Sweats are falling down from his forehead. They are sparkling under the effect of sunlight making Eli much more attractive to Kevin. He suddenly feels his face blushing just from the mere sight. He quickly turns away to find something else to watch instead of Eli.

He lets his eyes wander every corner of the garden. His eyes stop at a strange flower pot that is laid on the top of a shelf. There is no other pot standing in the same level with it. It must be a special one for Eli. Kevin takes some steps closer to it. He admires the beauty of its so much that he totally forgets about his worry when being with Eli alone…………

 

 

A/N: NEXT UPDATE WILL BE QUICK BECAUSE I WAS PLANNING TO PUT IT HERE. BUT I DONT YOU TO WAIT TOO LONG SO I'M HERE NOW WITH THIS UPDATE. IT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING MUCH THOUGH ^^ JUST READ AND WAIT FOR NEXT CHAP!!!!!

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <333333333333333333333