CHAP 31: CULTURAL FESTIVAL……

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 31: CULTURAL FESTIVAL……

 

At Jaeseop’s school

 

Jaeseop continuously stares at his best friend. Today is like every other day. Kiseop avoids Jaeseop as much as he can. But Jaeseop won’t let Kiseop succeed this time. Inhaling to the fullest of his lung, he walks to his friend.

“Morning, Kiseop.” Jaeseop greets half confidently.

“Oh, Jaeseop. Morning.” Kiseop greets back not looking at his friend.

“I want to…” Jaeseop nervously says but is cut off.

“Sorry. The class monitor wants me to do something. We can talk later.” Kiseop lies then walks away.

After a few steps, Kiseop is pulled back the twist. He turns around not only getting confused by the sudden act of his friend but also afraid of what might happen next.

“Don’t avoid me anymore, Kiseop. I can’t stand this.” Jaeseop says after gathering all his guts.

“What did you say? I’m not avoiding you, silly.” Kiseop laughs halfheartedly.

“You aren’t avoiding me?” Jaeseop asks mockingly.

“So do you remember when the last real conversation was?” he continues forgetting all the nervousness.

“I… It…” Kiseop starts to stutter.

“You don’t need to answer. We both know that too well.” Jaeseop sighs heavily.

“You can say no to my confession. If it is your real feelings, I can handle that.” He says straightly.

“Of course I really want you to love me back. But if you don’t feel that way, it’s okay. No one can get real love with force. At least I believe so.” He mumbles quietly.

“But Kiseop, do you know that you are so important to me that I’m pleased to be your friend forever as long as you are happy and we can be together?” Jaeseop speaks out his decision feeling his heart clench at the moment.

“Jaeseop, I… you must be…” Kiseop stutters after hearing those heartbreaking words from his best friend.

“You don’t need to care about me. Just promise me that you won’t ignore me anymore and we can be best friends again. That is enough for me now.” Jaeseop says finally raising his head after a long time sticking his eyes to the floor.

“I promise.” Kiseop agrees knowing that no word is needed to be said now other than those.

 “That’s good.” Jaeseop smiles hugging his friend brotherly.

Kiseop smiles as he drops his head in the crook of Jaeseop’s neck. This may be the best solution to their problem. However he still feels that Jaeseop must be suffering from a great pain that was caused by him. As he is inhaling the scent he has been missing these two months, Kiseop is pulled away from the warm hug.

“Kiseop, agree to do this thing for me.” Jaeseop suggests.

“What’s that?” Kiseop asks confusedly.

“Just agree with me. It won’t harm you.” Jaeseop nudges.

“But…” Kiseop hesitates.

“You have to agree. It’s your payment for ignoring me for too long.” Jaeseop says sounding serious.

“OK. I’ll do that. Tell me what I have to do for you.” Kiseop agrees not wanting to upset his friend even more.

“I know a school is holding a cultural festival. Let’s go there!” Jaeseop exclaims excitedly.

“What is that for?” Kiseop asks tilting his head to a side cutely.

“I want to have some fun with you. We haven’t hung out for ages.” Jaeseop answers whining at the last words.

“But we still have classes.” Kiseop says a little afraid.

“Skipping classes for one day isn’t a big deal, is it?” Jaeseop smiles receiving a hesitant nod from the other.

“Let’s go!” Jaeseop sings happily.

Jaeseop drags Kiseop to take their bags then gets out of their school. On the way to Kevin’s school, Jaeseop skips childishly. He never lets go of Kiseop’s hand and swings their hands in the air. With him, this is enough. He doesn’t want Kiseop to requite his love forcefully or avoid him because of the fear to hurt him. Nothing matters as long as Jaeseop is by his side.

Meanwhile Kiseop silently follows Jaeseop to wherever he leads him to. He is really in no mood to do anything. But it is Jaeseop, he can’t reject. And he also hopes that today will help him feel better. It has been a while since he last had fun.  

 

At Kevin’s school

 

Kevin happily clings onto his boyfriend. They are searching for their friends in every corner of the school. Eli sometimes growls tiredly as they still haven’t found them yet. Luckily every time he has any sign of anger, Kevin always snuggles his hair into his chest cutely.

“We will find them soon.” Kevin whispers softly into the other’s ears.

Just by those simple words, all the uncomfortable feelings built up inside him are swept away completely.

 Soon they return to the gate after considering that Dongho and Hoon haven’t come yet. And they are right. Their friends have just reached the gate flirting with each other every now and then.

“Hey, Kevin!” Dongho yells to draw his friend’s attention letting go of his boyfriend’s hand.

“You two are late!” Eli grumbles as he approaches the other two.

“Sorry, man.” Hoon apologizes halfheartedly.

“Let’s have so fun!” Dongho jumps in excitement pulling Kevin out of Eli’s hold.

Kevin smiles brightly allowing Dongho to drag him to every stall they see.

 

Teenagers are walking all over the school. Some go in groups, a lot go as couples, rarely there are a few students standing alone. They are all talking, laughing nonstop. The atmosphere is extremely noisy and exciting. There are uncountable stalls selling foods, drinks, souvenirs and playing games. Some stalls even have maids that wear cute maid dresses and call their customers “master”. Some others have their staffs wear traditional costumes and serve traditional foods. There is a medium stage in the center of the schoolyard. Students are performing passionately there. They have rock, pop, ballad, dance songs shown perfectly. A large audience is going crazy in front of the stage. This is definitely a real festival that brings all the attendants the feeling of enthusiasm. Well, except for one person.   

 

 

Jaeseop and Kiseop are standing in the middle of the crowd. While Jaeseop is screaming for the song played on the stage, Kiseop is blankly staring around. He came here with the hope that the festival atmosphere will wipe away his sadness. But somehow he still feels really bad despite the fact that this place is really enjoyable. Jaeseop glances over his friend realizing that Kiseop doesn’t seem happy at all. Stopping his cheers, he grabs Kiseop’s hand and leads him out of the audience.

“Jaeseop, what’s wrong?” Kiseop asks startled by his friend’s action.

“I’m tired of that.” Jaeseop lies not wanting Kiseop to feel guilty.

“Why don’t we eat something?” he suggests.

“That sounds great.” Kiseop smiles tenderly. Maybe food will light his mood up.

“I’ll go get some food. Sit here and rest. I’ll be right back!” Jaeseop says pressing Kiseop onto a stone bench.

Kiseop nods obediently. He needs some time alone to think and straighten his mind so that he can enjoy his time here with his best friend who is trying very hard to make him happy. He really doesn’t know what to do to take back his normal personality again. He used to be happy and smiling all the time. The occasions like this always made him over excited. But now, although he is trying to enjoy it, he doesn’t feel anything from it. Something stuck in his heart still prevents him from reaching happiness. And he knows too well who that something is involved in.

Kiseop sighs heavily. His mind is sill messy. Jaeseop won’t be happy if he is still being like this. Kiseop looks around searching for something interesting. And here it is, what makes him stuck in pain. In front of the school statue, there is a group of four students. Two boys who seem strong and muscular are holding two other boys that seem smaller and weaker. One of the small ones is Kiseop’s special person. He is smiling brightly in the silver-haired boy’s embrace. They are doing a pose for a memorial photo. All of them seem to be extremely happy. After taking the picture, the silvered-hair boy whispers something in Kevin’s ear making the little boy giggle nonstop.

“Kevin…” Kiseop lets out a trembling whisper. Yeah, he is no one else but Kevin Woo.

A complicated feeling is flooding his heart. He can’t tell exactly what it is. His heart beats faster as Kevin’s image is reflected in Kiseop’s pupils. It has been a long time since he last saw that person. Kevin must be in love with that silver-haired boy. Kiseop feels something is twisting his heart. It makes him hard to breathe. It hurts to see his love in another man’s arms. He wishes that was him instead…

However Kiseop quickly slaps himself mentally for letting that selfish feeling grow. He stares at the group intensely watching each move of Kevin carefully. Kevin is happy. There is no sign of He has already found his love. That’s what Kiseop wants most. On that rainy day, Kiseop let Kevin go just because of this wish. Now his wish is fulfilled. Kiseop should be happy. Yes, he must be happy for that. He must stop this hopeless love. It is the only way to help him find himself again. Kevin has moved on that well. Why can’t Kiseop?

Setting up his new goal, Kiseop nods his head letting Kevin’s figure go blurry in his sight. Kevin is the past. And the past is the past. Kiseop will definitely let it go. Worries for the future aren’t necessary yet. He just needs to care about the present. And the first thing he should do to come closer to his new goal is enjoy himself with Jaeseop today at this exciting festival.

As he finishes his trance, Kiseop is shaken on the shoulder by Jaeseop, who is holding a big cup of popcorn.

“Kiseop, I only managed to buy this. The other stalls are too crowded.” Jaeseop says with a sad expression on his sweaty face.

“I love popcorn.” Kiseop chuckles lowly.

Jaeseop is taken aback by his friend’s action. He hasn’t seen Kiseop chuckle for more than three months now! Did anything happen when he went for some food? He is wondering what it was. But Jaeseop quickly puts it aside as Kiseop links his arm with his. Happiness is shown all over Jaeseop’s face. How can’t he be happy that his best friend finally becomes normal again?

“Jaeseop, let’s play some games! I haven’t done anything fun for a while.” Kiseop suggests while smiling brightly.

Just like that, Kiseop and Jaeseop start to go around trying every dish, drinking many drinks and playing many games. They almost forget every pressure their hearts are suffering. They can laugh at each other here and there. They just simply enjoy themselves like other people in the festival. This cultural festival is worth attending, isn’t it?

 

The sun warms up the ground making everything on it alive. It is you that bring me the sun……

 

 

A/N: Sorry if this chapter disappoints you guys since I didnt let Kevin and Kiseop yet. I have another plan for their meeting in a more dramatic situation!!!!!!!!!

At least, Kiseop gets better, right?????? And more chances for 2seop, maybe?????

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <333333333333333333333