CHAP 26: COME BACK......

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 26: COME BACK…...

 

Kevin is lying on his bed with the blanket pulled up to his chin. Everything in his room is covered by a dark shadow just like his mind now. Although things are so bright outside, Kevin doesn’t have the mood to do anything, even opening his window. Suddenly his phone rings. It’s Eli…

“I’m not going to school today either.” Kevin says through the phone.

“It’s OK. Don’t force yourself too much.” Eli responds concerning.

“Uhm.” Kevin lets out a tiring sound.

“Uhm. Bye.” Eli doesn’t know what to tell Kevin now. He just doesn’t want him to be like that.

“Bye.” Kevin hangs up right after that.

The atmosphere again goes silent. Everything gets back to its position. Morose. Lightless. Boring. Tiring. Lifeless…

 

 

Kevin’s mother steps out from a clinic. Her face lightens up with relief and happiness.

“It’s all right, Kevin.” his face is confused about what she has just said.

“There is nothing wrong happened.” Kevin seems to understand a little.

“Your body is totally fine.” She smiles reassuringly making her son let out an audible sigh. Kevin nods his head and keeps it low as the pressure he has had these days is partly lifted away.

“You are still the happy, active, straightforward and adorable Kevin like you used to.” She says looking deep into Kevin’s eyes.

“For that reason, you don’t have to feel shameful, OK?” determination is shown clearly through her voice.

Kevin nods his head slightly as his mother his hair. He’s wondering if he will be able to do what she says. That memory isn’t an easy one to deal with…

 

 

Today Kevin wakes up earlier than almost every day. Last night he couldn’t sleep well because he had to rearrange the mess in his head these days. Kevin glides his fingers on the material of his favorite outfit for school. Playing with the buttons, he makes up his mind to face the real world.

I do believe you you you…

His phone’s ringtone echoes in the room. As he expects, it’s Eli.

“Hello…” he greets softly.

“Kevin ah …” Eli says but is interrupted by Kevin.

“I’m going to school today.” Kevin speaks out his decision. It’s time to stop hiding.

“Look out the window!” Eli replies immediately. Excitement is all over his tone.

Kevin confusedly steps to his window opening it. He is quickly greeted by the warm sunshine and cool breezes. But what is more special is his boyfriend. He is standing in front of his house with his old bicycle.

“Kevin! Good morning!!!!!” Eli says waving his hand nonstop.

The inside boy can’t help but smile at his boyfriend’s dorky smile and cute action. Today seems to be a good day…

 

 

On the empty street, their bike is bowling smoothly. It’s the second time that Kevin has been carried by Eli. Still that rider. Still that bike. But the feeling is different now. Although Eli is cycling really fast, Kevin isn’t afraid of speed anymore. What he’s afraid of now hasn’t been known by anyone. That is something involved in touching. Because of that, he no longer holds on his lover’s back. He is just clinging onto the seat instead.

They quickly reach the destination. To Kevin’s surprise, it is a river bank. The river flows peacefully to the skyline. Its water’s color is reflected from the sky above. That is like crystal, so clear and so blue. And Kevin loves blue a lot. Its sandbank is covered by green grass. Here and there appear some old big trees. The atmosphere is extremely so pure that Kevin breathes in the air deeply to let it fill his lung. Everything at this place is so fresh and beautiful. Kevin’s mood soon gets better a lot.

They stop under a near tree. Kevin quickly sits down to admire the scenery as he’s waiting for Eli to lay his bike down the grass cover. 

“This is my favorite place.” Eli starts extending his sight. Kevin’s heart flutters as he reminisces the night Kiseop brought him to his special place. That night Kiseop had told him a lot about his life. Although Kevin hasn’t seen him for a while, he still remembered it clearly as he adored that moment so much. Kevin quickly wakes himself up from his own trance. He now has a boyfriend so he shouldn’t think about the past with other guy while he is with him.

He looks at his boyfriend now wondering what story he is going to bring him.

“When I was a kid, I used to be bullied a lot.” Eli continues leaving Kevin dropping his jaw in disbelief.

“I can’t imagine that.” Kevin replies honestly. He shakes his head and laughs in silence.

“Believe me. At those times, I was extremely sad. I made my goal to beat all of them. The first place where I beat them was here. For that reason, whenever I come here, I will always be given more strength.” Eli recalls his memories looking at the quivering glass.

Kevin listens quietly. He loves listening to others’ stories. Each person has their own story. Each story has its own meaning in their life. Its meaning has its own function in making their life better. Kevin sighs silently. Kiseop and Eli had experienced many bad things in the past but look at them now. They are the most adorable people Kevin has ever met. They know well how to live better through difficult challenges. Kevin looks at himself at the thought. He has just suffered from only one accident in his whole lifetime. And he already had intention to end up his life and hide from the world. That is so weak and shameful. He has to overcome this quickly to deserve this life and this caring world.

Kevin stops his story at that and takes the chance to look at his boyfriend who is sitting next to him. To Kevin, Eli’s features are the most graceful things he has ever seen. Kevin adores them so much. He has engraved them well in his mind.

Kevin then takes a look at the front river which is flowing endlessly. He suddenly realizes something familiar.

“Apparently…” he lets out his thought making Eli turn around.

“Eli is like this river.” He continues. Eli is focusing on his boyfriend’s words.

“Always moving forward…” he finishes his sentence.

Understanding those words’ meaning, Eli can’t help but feel the urge to kiss his lover. Each moment he spends with this boy makes him love the latter even more. Eli leans in to kiss Kevin but is quickly refused. Kevin turns away leaving Eli dumbfounded. His hair which is swinging in the air is the only thing in Eli’s sight now. Although he has decided to come back to this world, he still can’t rush the process. He isn’t ready yet.

“Sorry…” Kevin whispers. His voice is shaking from nervousness.

Eli lies down on the grass. He looks up the sky and points at it childishly.

“Comparing with the river, I want to be the sky more.” Kevin follows the direction Eli is leading.

“Wherever you were, I could find easily and come to you immediately.” Eli continues.

“If there was someone that dare do harm to you, I would rush to them and beat them badly right away.” He truly tells Kevin his wish.

Hearing those words, Kevin can’t help but feel secure and happy. He will try his best to live normally because Eli doesn’t deserve to be treated like that. Kevin comfortably lies down next to Eli. They are so close now but still so far somehow. Eli lays his hand on Kevin’s. The other hasn’t reacted yet. He doesn’t push away like with the almost kiss. But he doesn’t open his hand to intertwine their fingers either. He just simply holds his own hand tight. And Eli doesn’t force him to do so too.

The couple stays silent looking up the flowing clouds. Both of them know that time will heal everything as long as they keep on trying and never give up……

 

 

A/N: Last chap I only received 3 comments when it's supposed to have 5 comments for an update T^T but i still update coz many of you still this fic and are waiting for it :))

I have tried my best to put in my heart when writting so tell me how it is, ok?????

 

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <333333333