CHAP 33: WE CAN?......

SKY OF LOVE

CHAP 33: WE CAN?......

 

 

Kevin is completely dumbfounded by what has just happened. Eli has gone. The love of his life has gone. Without saying a word. His first love affair has come to an end. Without experiencing an argument. Sitting still at his seat, Kevin looks at the opposite seat. Empty. Just like his heart. They both used to be filled with a person’s figure. But they are empty now. He has gone leaving them a terribly huge blank. It is understandable and explainable. Though, is it acceptable and endurable? To Kevin? When their love has just bloomed? He is sure it isn’t, at least for now.

The only waitress in the coffee shop is busy running around since many customers have left and their seats are quickly replaced by others. A not so short period of time has passed. It’s time Kevin should leave since sitting here doesn’t make his condition better. Gathering his stuff, Kevin slowly stands up taking the last glance over the seat Eli has sat on. He needs to face the problem on his own, without the company of his lover, from now on. Taking some few steps that he tries his best to make them seem strong, Kevin heads out the coffee shop.

“Kevin, congratulations!” Kevin stops dead on his track.

Are his eyes functioning not well? Or is his brain working too much? Eli… he is standing in front of Kevin. With his hand holding something that Kevin still can’t make out what it is, Eli is catching his breath.

“You must give birth to our child, certainly.” He said with his brightest smile.

“I will definitely make you happy.” Eli continues firmly. His head moves in synch with his words showing how determined he is now.

Kevin, still being shock, takes a quick look at his boyfriend then at the thing in the other’s hand. It is a cute toy fitting Christmas theme.

“We can? Give birth to our child?” Kevin asks confusedly.

“Of course, we can.” Eli says handing the other boy the toy he has just bought on the street.

“We will bring our child up together.” He adds making Kevin grin contently.

Kevin nods his head in response not being able to hide his smile anymore. Taking the toys from Eli’s hand, he holds it against his chest tightly. Happiness takes over his whole soul and body. Eli doesn’t leave him. He doesn’t leave their child. He doesn’t end their relationship cruelly like Kevin thought. He just ran away to buy something for Kevin to congratulate on the good news. How cute Eli is! Things are completely opposite to what Kevin expected. He thought that it was impossible for Eli to accept the fact that his boyfriend is pregnant. However illogical the situation is, it is still happening. He should have trusted his boyfriend more. He should have known that his boyfriend isn’t the kind of people that leave everything without taking responsibility for their acts. He should have believed Eli’s love for him. Now Kevin is sure that he can lay his love on Eli entirely without any hesitation and regret.

 

The streets are really busy since everyone is out to prepare for the Christmas. Carols are sung everywhere. Christmas orientations are caught on everything. Here and there appear many fake Santa Clauses. The atmosphere really makes everyone excited, including Eli and Kevin. Walking on the street with Kevin’s arms linking around Eli’s, the cute couple are smiling and giggling happily as they has just made an extremely important decision and they are pleased with it. Somewhere on the crowded street, they are standing in front of peddled wares shop.

“How about this?” Kevin asks his boyfriend as he raised two couple rings. They contain a smaller ring for the girl and a bigger one for the boy. They don’t matter much since Kevin’s fingers are really slender. They are even more delicate than a girl’s. The rings are made of silver, shining and supple. If you join them together, a heart will appear. The bigger one has a sharper curve while the other has its curve transgress its original round. They make a perfect heart when being together. No one can deny their beauty and meaning. They are just too pliant and fragile for a male couple like Eli and Kevin, especially after all the difficulty they have come through.  

“No. It’s too girly.” Eli complains at the rings.

“Why is picking out couple rings so difficult?” Kevin whines pouting cutely.

“What do you think about this one?” This time is Eli that chooses. They are silver rings too. The rings aren’t complete rounds. There is a small space cutting it. On one side of the space there is a wing attached. The other side has a sparkling gemstone. Just like the first rings Kevin has picked. They have two different-sized rings. The bigger one’s wing is much more outspread, bigger and simpler than the smaller one. The other’s wing is manipulated with more energy and creation since it has a small gemstone on it and its fringe is platinum-plated. To make it easier, the smaller one’s wing belongs to a newborn bird that is being brought up carefully. Meanwhile, the bigger one’s wing belongs to a mature bird that has experienced many things in its lifetime. These couple rings are, of course, not girly at all. But somehow the spaces and complicated attachments make them quite inconvenient.  

“We just need something simple, Eli.” Kevin says searching for another one.

“This one! This one!” Kevin exclaims happily since a ring has just caught his sight.

“This one?” Eli asks back to reassure. After receiving a nod from the other, he takes out the ring from its place.

“It’s cute, isn’t it?” Kevin asks looking at the ring constantly.

“Yup! Let’s buy it.” Eli agrees immediately.

The rings aren’t either as simple as the first ones or as complicated as the second ones. Two silver rounds are traditional as they should be. Two footprints are pierced in the middle of the rings. Their sizes fit the rings’ height so well. The bigger ring has the bigger footprint. The same story happens to the smaller one. Two footprints, one big and one small, are just like they belong to Eli’s foot and Kevin’s one. It can be imagined that when they are holding hands with these rings on and walking on a beach, the footprints they leave will be like ones on their rings. They appear next to each other and move on together. Above the footprints are two gemstones. They aren’t protruding out of the rings but sunk deep inside. Their lights seem to lead the footprints on their ways. Just like Eli and Kevin’s love for each other, it is engraved in their hearts showing them each step they take in life. They are just perfect for Eli and Kevin. In conclusion, these rings are definitely an excellent choice for Eli and Kevin to buy as their first couple rings.         

After buying themselves couple rings to mark the day, Eli brings Kevin to his favorite place near the river bank. The sun is setting behind the skyline. Its final beams warm up the earth. Maybe because it is its last attempt of the day, the warmth it gives somewhat contains feelings that please people a lot. In addition to that, the light breeze caresses everything it passes, including the young couple. Eli and Kevin let out a comfortable sigh then inhale the fresh air they are enjoying. Eli takes out the small box where there are the rings they have just bought. They don’t have much spending in the cute box since Eli glances at them the last time then carefully takes one out.

“Kevin?” he calls to get the other’s attention.

Kevin turns around to face his boyfriend and quickly realizes what he is going to do. Eli takes his hand in his slowly sliding the smaller ring on Kevin’s elegant ring-finger. Kevin soon copies his boyfriend’s action. Without any signal, they both lift up their hands to the sky. Watching their hands printed on the sky background which is now half orange, half violet, the same thought pops in their minds. How can it fit this well? How can they fit this perfectly?

Kevin is the first one to put his hand down and Eli quickly follows him. The pregnant boy places his hand on his stomach letting out a small relieved sigh.

“Can I touch it?” Eli hesitantly suggests as he points to Kevin’s stomach.

“Of course.” Kevin smiles sweetly.

Eli carefully moves his hand to his boyfriend’s abdomen rubbing it gently. He can’t believe that under this fabric and Kevin’s skin, a human being is growing. And that person is the result of his and Kevin’s love. Although he has never thought that a guy can get pregnant, he can still welcome that. Although it is pretty strange, he finds it really sweet to have a baby with the love of his life. To be honest, his heart is jumping like crazy at the thought that in the new future he will have a family with Kevin as his husband, or his wife – which doesn’t matter – and a lovely child calling him ‘daddy’ all the time.

“Kevin, do you have any suggestion for our child’s name?” Eli suddenly asks.

“We still haven’t known its gender.” Kevin chuckles at his boyfriend’s eagerness.

“What about Chaeggie?” Eli speaks out his thought. (A/N: ‘Chaeg’ is ‘book’ in Korean.)

“Why?” the other asks back still trying to catch up with Eli’s way of thought.

“Because we have it in the library.” Eli answers innocently.

“Then how can we explain when being asked the name’s origin?” Kevin retorts.

“You’re right.” Eli nods repeatedly.

“Uh.” Kevin hums in response.

“So we have to think carefully.” Eli says.

“Absolutely.” Kevin speaks back.

They go silent for a while as Eli focuses on rubbing Kevin’s stomach. He hasn’t felt anything yet but he is sure he will in some months. His moves are interrupted because Kevin has held his hand back. Holding it loosely, it seems that he is trying to form some words. Eli looks up from his lover’s abdomen to his face smiling reassuringly.

“We should go to see our parents.” Eli says determinedly and immediately receives a nod from the other.

Kevin isn’t afraid that Eli won’t say this. He is just waiting for the moment to come. And it comes, sooner than he thought. But isn’t it who Eli is? He is always full of the unexpected, from the moment they bumped into each other, the moment Kevin received Eli’s secret call, the moment Kevin caught sight of Eli planting flowers, the moment they made love for the first time, the moment Eli found Kevin on the street right after that accident, the moment Eli stepped into Kevin’s class to rescue him, the moment Kevin made the first move in the school library, the moment Eli ran out of the coffee shop to the moment he came back with the little toy.

Looking deep into each other’s eyes, they smile lovingly then lead themselves into a passionate but gentle kiss………

 

 

A/N: Eli doesn't disappoint you guys right????? But Vinseop shippers might be disappointed since Kiseop hasn't reappeared yet :((

Don't think too much coz everything is going according to my plan!!!!!!!

And if you haven't imagined the rings yet, here are their pictures. I looked at them to write this chap. Do you think I made a good decision on choosing their rings??? Each ring has its own meaning :))

These are the first rings

 

The second ones

 

The final ones!!!!

I have just got this fic reviewed. The links to the reviews are on the foreword. Take some time to read them, ok???? The mark is really low, though TT^TT

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <3333333333333333333333