Converse High: 11

Love Is A Crazy Thing (BTS fanfic)

NAMJOON'S POV

We've departed from Jin's home and now we're on the road. I looked over at Jin who looked tired, so I spoke up.

"You could sleep if you want." I said, kinda startling him.

"Oh... Okay." He smiled before resting his head on the window and closing his eyes peacefully. It'll be a long drive.

JIN'S POV

"Jin. Wake up." A low husky voice said, shaking me gently. I fluttered my eyes open and I was met by Namjoon's eyes. "We're here." I looked outside to be met by a familiar surrounding.

"Where are we, Namjoon?" I asked, sitting up.

"We're in Anyang." He smiled. Hey, that's my home town.

"Why are we here?"

"Well, I asked your mom where your hometown is and she said it was here in Anyang, so I decided that our date would be a road trip to our hometowns." Namjoon explained. I smiled and kissed him in the cheek.

"Best boyfriend ever." I admitted shyly. I saw him blush a faint pink. "I missed this place. I haven't visited since I was a kid." I admitted.

"Well, here's the time." He said. I looked out again and we were stopped at a small diner.

"I loved this diner when I was a kid!" I exclaimed.

"Well, one lucky shot." Namjoom chuckled. And as if on cue, my tummy grumbled, making Namjoon chuckle once again. "Cute." He muttered. I blushed pink.

"What time is it anyway?"

"11:37."

"Ohhh... Almost lunch. Is it okay if we take it now?" I looked at him with a slight puppy eyes, which made him chuckle once more and pinch my cheeks this time.

"So cute!" He exclaimed. "Okay." He agreed.

"Thank you." I grinned and exited the car excitedly and ran inside the diner, leaving Namjoon behind.

"Table for one, sir?" The waitress asked. Namjoon walked in and I shook my head.

"Table for two, please." I corrected, pointing to Namjoon.

"Okay, sir, please follow me." The waitress said and both Namjoon and I followed her, being led to one of the booths. We sat down and the waitress handed us our menus. I skimmed through the pages and tried to remember my favorite order here and after skimming through a few pages, I found it.

"One chicken tenders with fries please and a chocolate milkshake." I announced. The waitress took down my order and I could hear Namjoon snickering. " I know, I know, my order is childish." I pouted. "Really cute." Namjoon once again complimented.

"Yah, why am I always cute?" I pouted.

"Because you just are." He smiled. The waitress coughed so that we'd know she's still there.

"Oops, sorry." I apologized shyly. She just smiled and said 'Its okay.'

"Uhm, I'll just have spaghetti and meatballs, plus iced tea." Namjoon said and waitress wrote it down.

"Okay, all done. You're food will be served from ten to fifteen minutes." She said. "If you need me, my name's Mai." She said, showing her name tag.

"Okay, thank you Mai." I smiled. She smiled back and walked off, tending to other customers.

Within that ten to fifteen minutes of waiting, Namjoon and I talked about where I'd want to go for the day. I said I wanted to go to my grandparents' house since I haven't visited them recently, but I've heard some recent news that they were in good health.

Our food arrived and we started to eat slowly, taking as much time as we need to enjoy ourselves.

After eating, we left the diner and drove to my grandparents' house. I gave Namjoon the directions and he obediently followed, getting there in no time.

We climbed out of the car and proceeded to the gate.

"Wow, you're grandparents' house is so big." Namjoon marveled as we walked down the aisle to the porch.

"I know right. This is where I used to stay when I was a kid, tight before when I moved to Seoul." I explained. He just let out an 'Ahhh'. We arrived at the front door and rung the doorbell. We waited outside for a few seconds, when someone opened the door.

"Ahh... May I help you?" The older woman said.

"Uhm... I'm Kim SeokJin. Are my grandparents there?" I asked, trying to take a peek inside.

"Ahh... SeokJin, look how far you've grown." The older woman said.

"Uhm... Do I know you?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Oh, yes, I am the one who was assigned to take care of you when you were a kid." She smiled. I smiled back.

"Ahhh... Hi, ajhumma, nice meeting you again." I greeted politely.

"Nice meeting you as well, SeokJin. Your grandparents are inside having tea." She answered politely. She walked to the side and we bowed. We entered the house and it looks like it has been renovated. It looks much more modern now.

I led Namjoon to the entrance of the house and walked around the house to find my grandparents in the living room drinking tea

"Grandmother! Grandfather!" I called out and they turned their faces away from the TV and smiled at me.

"SeokJin. Welcome home." They said gently, they stood up and my grandmother gave me a warm hug. "Look how big you've grown." My grandmother said.

"Yes. Its been years since I last visited you guys. Still when I was a kid."

"Yes. That's right." My grandfather said. "Oh, and who's your guest here?"

"Oh... This is Namjoon... my friend." I kinda hesitated on the last part there since he's not technically a friend only and I feel bad. I looked over at Namjoon with a sad look and he just smiled widely as if saying 'It's fine, I understand.'

"Hi, I'm Namjoon, nice meeting you." He bowed over to my grandparents.

"Ahhh, a very respectful child, I see." My grandfather cooed, patting Namjoon's head.

"Ahhh, grandmother, can we stay here for the night?" I asked.

"Of course you can, SeokJin." My grandmother smiled gently. "I'll lead you to the guest rooms." She said and led us away from the living room, walking into the long hallways.

We reached a wooden door and my grandmother opened it, revealing the vast bedroom, completely furnished.

"We have a very big bed... Is it okay if you two sleep on the same bed?" She asked.

I glanced back at Namjoon and he nodded for an answer, "Yes we can."

"Okay, that's great." She clapped. "Well, obviously still early for dinner and bed time, so why don't you boys go roam around town first, eh?" We simply nodded as an answer. "Okay, have a great time." She said and walked out of the room, leaving both of us alone.

"Let's go?" Namjoon asked, offering his hand to me. I nodded and held his hand tightly.

---------------
Helloooooo!! So here's another Converse High chapter for you guys! Hope you liked it!! I'll update the other date parts in the next chapters! Bye~

Sydney (。・ω・。)