Chapter 30

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 30

 

[Kim Tae Yeon’s POV]

 

 

“You… set them up?” Baekhyun repeated, a flabbergasted expression clear in his face.

 

“Yes, I did,” I answered and my mind automatically reeled back to the conversation Yeri and I had ages ago.

 

 

“You wouldn’t believe what I just saw,” Yeri said as she came barging down the hallway towards me, her eyes shining bright with the news she’s about to spill. She flooded my phone with messages few minutes ago saying I better meet with her here or I’ll be losing some great story. And so… here I am. “Like oh my gosh. This is really the best thing I’ve ever seen. Really.”

 

I rolled my eyes and placed a hand on my waist.

 

“Stop all the drama and just tell me. This better be worth it, Yeri, or I swear---“

 

“I saw L and Hanna walking together,” she blurted, a winning smile plastered on her face. “In the corridors. And they’re together. As in just two of them. Together.”

 

“Really?” I said, thinking about what she said for a moment. “I didn’t know they’re friends.”

 

“They’re not just friends!” Yeri shouted, her voice bouncing off the walls. I shushed her and gave her the signal to be quiet.

 

“What do you mean they’re not just friends?” I asked in a tone that says Yeri is literally going out of her mind.

 

“They’re more than friends!” she yelled again which made me give her another glare. “Can’t you see? Remember that day when Infinite was announced to be transferred under our company and the two of them arrived late together? Right then, I didn’t think it was a coincidence. And then today I saw them again. Alone. On their own. Rounding the building all to themselves. Don’t you think there’s something fishy going on in here?”

 

My brows furrowed as I tried to consider Yeri’s theory. In the end, in all fairness, she does have a point.

 

“You think they’re in a relationship?” I asked, the sarcasm in my voice clearly stating that I don’t believe her that much.

 

Yeri shook her head.

 

“I don’t mean that,” she denied. “I just think there’s something going on with them. Not a relationship, that would be too early. But I think they do like each other. I mean, I think they’re seeing each other here in the company secretly. And to consider how L actually confessed in a program that he likes her… I’m really sure I am guessing it right.”

 

I placed a hand on my chin as think about Yeri’s words.

 

L and Hanna, huh?

 

What about Baekhyun, then?

 

Was he saying the truth when he said his feelings for Hanna are unrequited?

 

Does he know about this?

 

“Well, I think you’re probably right,” I said after a few moments.

 

Yeri clapped her hands and gave me a confident smirk.

 

“So what do you think we should do to those two? Shall we start an issue against them? It’ll put that Hanna girl on a critical side,” she said, her voice dripping with darkness and hate. After all those months that had passed after her incident with Hanna, Yeri’s still wasn’t able to move on. She felt like Hanna stole a lot from her and stepped over her pride. Now she’s more than willing to get her revenge on her any moment she sees a chance. And now she just found the perfect timing to get it.

 

I shook my head and patted her shoulder, a devilish grin spread across my face, “Chill, sweetie, let me handle this. I know just the right thing to do.”

 

Yeri’s face fell in disappointment.

 

“Wait, what? What are you planning to do?” she asked, clearly upset that she’s not going to get a say on her revenge.

 

I touched her cheek and looked at her straight in the eye, “Just trust me. Bombs will explode soon and you will get the right amount revenge you’ve been waiting for all this time.”

 

I gave Yeri a light pinch on the cheek and began to walk away. I know just the right place to go. And I know I should feel guilty that I am using her information for my own good rather than hers but she’ll somehow benefit in this soon. Because right now all I know is I’ve just gained another power in my hands – power to make sure Baekhyun and Hanna will never get back together again.

 

Let’s just see how you two are going to survive it this time.

 

 

“What have you done, Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked, taking me back to reality. My eyes focused back to him and he’s red in anger. I noticed that his hands are already balled into fists and they’re shaking wildly. God, does he really care this much about her?

 

I shrugged and took a sip of my juice. I leaned back on my seat and began to explain, “I just told the CEO about the fact that Hanna and L are seen roaming around the building together. I said I’m thinking that since L actually confessed that he likes Hanna and those two have already built up a solid fandom, letting them join We Got Married might be a good move for the company.”

 

“And the CEO actually believed in you?” he asked, disbelief evident in his tone.

 

I smirked.

 

“Of course. I made a fairly good point. And besides,” I leaned in to whisper, “He listens to everything I say.”

 

For a moment, Baekhyun looked like he’s actually about to hit me. But he in a deep breath and all the furiousness was gone. Suddenly, he looked calm – so calm it actually unnerved me.

 

“I’m going to break up with you,” he said, his tone low and emotionless.

 

“What?” I blurted in surprise.

 

“I’m breaking up with you. If I have to make a public announcement just for the sake of doing it, then I will. I’m so done with this game of yours, Taeyeon. It’s about time I make my move. I’m not going to let you play with me any longer,” he said and pushed his seat back, preparing to go away.

 

“Do it,” I challenged, my eyes focused on my plate of untouched food. I can’t look at him. I know I can’t. Because if I do, I might only cry and embarrass myself in front of everyone. I need to be strong. I need to fight or else I’m going to lose him forever – or else everything that I have done from the very beginning would be for nothing. I’m going to fight no matter how long it takes. And I’m going to fight in every way I can.

 

Baekhyun froze, his eyes turned to look at me.

 

“Do it,” I said again, trying to make my voice sound more sure and determined. “Do it. Then let’s see who’s going to go through hell.”

 

“I’m already in hell just by being with you like this,” he murmured and I felt my heart sink. Why does he keep on hurting me?

 

“Then tell them,” I spoke again, my voice becoming more and more uneven. “Break up with me. Just don’t ever blame me if everyone knew what you’ve been hiding. That right from the start you love Hanna. That right from the start you’ve been looking at her with different meaning in your eyes.”

 

I forced myself to look straight at him and our eyes met. His was full of anger and hate while I’m pretty sure mine was filled with nothing but love and affection.

 

My hand reached the side of the table and I held onto it tightly, hoping it could give me enough strength to get through this. It hurts me that I have to act this way towards him. It breaks me that I have to set him up and blackmail him over and over just to get him to stay with me. It kills me to know that the only reason I was ever known to be his girlfriend is because I pushed him into it. Just for once, just this time, I want him to love me like I’ve always loved him. How did he ever fell in love with Hanna? What does she have that I don’t? How can he love a girl he only met when I have been with him for many years?

 

“Tell them so I can let your members know how much you’ve betrayed them. How much you’ve kept from them. Go on, Baek. Do what you want to do. Let’s drag each other down this hell together,” I said and stood up from my seat to take a closer look at him. Our faces are only inches away and I could clearly see how much effort he’s making to stop himself from saying harsh words at me, from hurting me. I know very well that I’m mad, that I’m hurt, but after all those feelings… I know I still love him. And so with a burning desire inside of me, I leaned in and kissed his cheek. A round of whispers and gasps rose around us but I did not care. I kissed him and after that I leaned away.

 

“Do what you want to do, Baek. I already told you the consequences,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter