Chapter 3

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

I took another exasperated breath.

 

Why wouldn’t these people believe me?

 

“I’m serious, oppa. I went to the rooftop because your choreographer’s making me mad again and I met L sunbae there,” I explained for what felt like the fifth time.

 

Kai scoffed.

 

“Oh really, Hanna?” he challenged, wriggling his eyebrows at me.

 

My mouth dropped.

 

“Are you seriously thinking we’d agree to meet up there, oppa?” I blurted, my voice raising a pitch.

 

Kai only shrugged and looked away, a playful smirk tugging on his lips.

 

I shook my head in utter disbelief.

 

“This is insane,” I whispered almost to myself.

 

How could they even think that way?

 

For God’s sake! Do they actually think that L and I planned everything?

 

I held my head in my hands, my mind reeling.

 

“Well, wasn’t it such a huge coincidence that you were on the rooftop and he, too?” Manager Song spoke. “I mean, what are the chances?”

 

I sighed again and faced her.

 

“Manager, I’m serious,” I said, my voice sure and even. “I went there and saw him. God, I even got a shock when he suddenly appeared.”

 

She seems to consider this for a moment.

 

“Then what happened?” she asked, leaning towards me.

 

“What do you mean ‘what happened’, Manager?” I repeated in confusion.

 

She shrugged and continued, “What happened? What did the two of you do?”

 

All the member’s eyes were suddenly on me, keenly observing.

 

I felt my face flush.

 

Why does Manager Song have to ask such personal question?

 

“N-Nothing,” I stammered. I cleared my throat and continued, “We just… talked. That’s all.”

 

Manager Song raised an eyebrow at this and so were the other boys.

 

Since when did this conversation turned into some kind of interrogation process?

 

I bit my lip and decided to tell them a bit more.

 

“He told me about the news. That their group’s going to move in with our company,” I spoke seriously. “Both of us didn’t even know there’s going to be an event coming. Someone called him then he asked me where the Main Hall was so I showed him the way. I don’t even have the faintest idea that all of you would be there.”

 

Manager Song sat back on her seat, nodding her head.

 

“Well, it’s clear then,” she muttered, chuckling a bit. She stood and picked her bag up, probably preparing to leave. “Now that everything’s settled, I think it’s finally my cue to go.”

 

She looked at Baekhyun and I who’s sitting beside one another on the couch and then to Suho.

 

“You three will be heading to a different location tomorrow –  Baekhyun, Hanna, and Suho. Hanna’s scheduled to sign the contract with SBS tomorrow and you two are required to join her for the press conference,” she spoke to the three of us. Her attention drifting to the other boys right after, she spoke again, “While the remaining of you shall go straight to the company for practice. Baekhyun and Suho will just join you there.”

 

All of us nodded our heads in understanding.

 

My insides begin to flip.

 

Guess I’m going back to work now, I thought to myself.

 

 

***

 

 

I was lying sprawled on my bed, waiting for Baekhyun to come, when a knock sounded on my door.

 

Standing up in an instant, I walked and opened the door for him.

 

“Hey,” he whispered the moment he saw me.

 

“Hey,” I answered back.

 

A moment of silence enveloped us.

 

Baekhyun duck his head, chuckling.

 

“That was awkward,” he blurted, biting his lip.

 

I can’t help but laugh, too.

 

“Yeah. What’s with us tonight?” I asked though I definitely know the answer.

 

L.

 

Baekhyun’s still bothered about him.

 

“Why did you knock? That’s new. You know you could freely enter my room anytime,” I told him, trying to make a proper conversation.

 

Baekhyun shrugged.

 

“I was planning to ask you out on the kitchen,” he answered plainly.

 

“The kitchen?” I repeated, my eyebrow raised. “Why the kitchen?”

 

Baekhyun bit his lip and placed a hand languidly on his stomach.

 

“Oh,” I muttered in understanding. “You’re hungry?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, his cheeks flushing light pink.

 

I giggled and reached out to ruffle his hair.

 

“Why are you shy? You know you can ask me anything,” I said as I took his hand and tugged him downstairs. “Just tell me if you’re hungry. I’ll cook something nice for you.”

 

Baekhyun remained quiet even as we entered the kitchen.

 

He sat on one of the island stools, observing me.

 

I stood opposite him, leaning my face close.

 

“Can you remember the first night we hanged out in here?” I asked, my voice hushed by the sudden remembrance of the moment.

 

Baekhyun nodded, a faint smile flashing on his face.

 

“You almost scared the hell out of me that time,” he murmured as he reached out to hold my hand. “That’s the night where everything started.”

 

I smiled and intertwined my fingers to his.

 

“That’s the night when we began,” I added, my heart thumping inside my chest.

 

 Baekhyun sighed and lowered his head, his eyes focused on our hands.

 

“I can’t believe it’s been so long,” he whispered, his thumb drawing circles at the back of my hand. “Time slows down whenever I’m with you.”

 

I felt myself blush.

 

I had to lower my head to cover the sudden redness of my face.

 

Yeah, it’s been so long but you still have this impact on me, I almost told him.

 

“There’s more to come,” I replied surely. “There’s more we have to look forward to.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and looked at me. His gaze makes me want to melt right where I’m standing.

 

“We have to be strong, Hanna,” he told me, his eyes blazing.

 

I nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter