Chapter 54

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 54

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

My phone buzzed at 4:55 am. I sat upright and turned the alarm off haphazardly, careful not to wake the sleeping prince beside me.

 

Baekhyun’s still deep in his wonderland, his eyes closed and his chest rising and falling rhythmically. I kissed his forehead before leaving the bed to prepare myself up.

 

Today’s We Got Married episode is scheduled to take place somewhere far so I was required to wake up earlier than usual. Manager Song told me we’ll be meeting the other WGM Couples and I kept shaking this feeling of anxiety welling up inside me. I don’t know but for some reason, something tells me this isn’t going to be an easy day for me – an easy episode to be exact.

 

I took my shower and put on some light make-up. I prepared my stuffs to bring and an hour and a half later, I am ready to go.

 

I left my room and went over to the boys’ bedrooms one by one, posting the letters I’ve freshly written on their doors. I figured I might not have the time to wish them good luck on their concert one by one later so I decided to make some handwritten letters to boost their confidence and show my support. I went back to my room after that, humming merrily to myself.

 

I still have one mission left to accomplish.

 

“Baek,” I whispered. I need him to transfer back to his room before 8:00 to avoid Chen from turning suspicious. I think it was only by a struck of luck that Baekhyun’s roommate turned out to be someone who sleeps so well. All this time, Chen still wasn’t able to notice Baekhyun’s mysterious disappearances. Although there were times when he’d wake up in the middle of the night and found Baekhyun missing, he just passed it off as ‘Baekhyun’s Dating Hour’ – the term he’d use to describe Baekhyun sneaking out of the dorm to meet Taeyeon. I had to admit this used to annoy me but later on I realized it was really kind of advantageous that Taeyeon entered our life. Else, Chen won’t have anyone to blame every time he catches Baekhyun gone during late hours of the evening.

 

“Baek,” I said again, this time tapping him on the arm.

 

Baekhyun didn’t even budge.

 

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun,” I spoke even louder. I tried shaking him but he only stirred and continued to sleep.

 

I sighed in frustration.

 

“See? This is why I don’t want you here,” I scolded though well aware he won’t be able to hear me.

 

I sat on the floor and leaned my face close to his. I could spend the entire day simply staring at him and I wouldn’t even feel just a bit sick of it.

 

I kissed him on the cheek.

 

“Wake up,” I whispered.

 

No response.

 

I kissed him again.

 

“I said wake up,” I said louder.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes twitched but he remained asleep.

 

I chuckled and kissed him on the lips.

 

“I said wake up, sleepyhead, I have a job too,” I said as I continued to kiss him over and over on his eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, wherever my lips would land.

 

Baekhyun was finally woken up by this. He was already chuckling when he opened his eyes.

 

“What a good way to start the morning,” he muttered, his voice still raspy.

 

“Good morning,” I greeted, giving him another kiss on the lips.

 

He smiled.

 

“What time is it?” he asked, sitting up.

 

“A few minutes before 7:00,” I replied, pulling off the covers to start fixing my bed.

 

“You’re leaving?” he asked again and just by his tone I could guess that if only he could, he wouldn’t make me leave this dormitory to film for that show.

 

I smiled and sat beside him.

 

“Yep. The van’s going to arrive soon so I had to wake you up a little bit earlier,” I explained.

 

Baekhyun nodded as he stood up and prepared to transfer bedroom. I took my bag and joined him.

 

“See you later then,” he said, his hand already on their room’s door handle.

 

I wrapped my arms around him.

 

“Good luck,” I began to speak. “I’m not sure if I would have the time to wish you a proper good luck later but still… I just want you to know. I believe in you. You can do it. I’ll be there in the crowd cheering for you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and he hugged me back.

 

With a kiss on my forehead, he whispered, “I know. Make sure to seat somewhere I could easily find. You’ll be the first person I’m going to look for the moment I step onstage.”

 

Butterflies filled my stomach in an instant.

 

I hugged him more tightly before finally stepping away.

 

“Go inside and continue your sleep,” I ordered as I began to walk backwards.

 

Baekhyun nodded and pushed their door open.

 

“I love you,” he murmured softly and I swore the jolt of happiness it brought me is enough to send me bursting into flames.

 

“I-I love you too,” I replied shyly and turned my back in attempt to hide my already burning face. I heard Baekhyun chuckle before he was completely out of my hearing range.

 

Goodness, Hanna. It’s turning almost a year for you two and you’re still this same lovesick girl, I scolded myself in frustration as I left the dormitory and boarded the van waiting for me outside.

 

 

***

 

 

“Are you ready for later, Hanna?” Ms. Kim asked on the way. Manager Song wasn’t able to attend to me recently due to the boys’ hectic schedule and upcoming concert so the company had to appoint someone to replace her in accompanying me on my activities. Ms. Kim was the one chosen. She was a nice and kind woman though someone really unlike Manager Song. They both treat me well but no one can replace Manager Song in my heart. I really miss her bravery and her strong personality. Those were the qualities Ms. Kim doesn’t have. She is soft, way too soft, whereas Manager Song is as tough as a rock.

 

“Uh… I-I think so, Miss,” I replied, unsure of what she meant. I can’t seem to understand why she’s asking me if I’m ready when I already filmed for We Got Married countless of times. Is there something special about to happen today?

 

“You already know the purpose of this episode, right?” she asked again, her tone soft and sweet.

 

I frowned.

 

“I… I’m not sure, Miss…” I admitted, becoming more and more confused.

 

Ms. Kim turned from her seat to look at me. She seemed to be a bit troubled.

 

“You don’t know, Hanna?” she demanded and her tone tells me that this matter is something I ought to know.

 

I shook my head slowly, my mind going in circles.

 

“Isn’t this just a normal filming day, Miss?” I asked this time. “Only today, we’re doing it with the other couples. Isn’t that right?”

 

Ms. Kim looked dumbfounded for a moment but then after regaining her composure, she spoke, “This isn’t just a normal filming day, Hanna. I’ve seen this show do this kind of episode multiple times that I already figured out the reason they ever do this kind of thing.”

 

“And that is?” I asked, frowning more than ever.

 

Ms. Kim sighed and leaned closer to me.

 

“They have a purpose for doing this type of episode, Hanna. I’d bet anything that this is something that would require all of you couples to play some type of games or something. Anything that would boost your inclination to create skinship,” she explained.

 

“S-Skinship?” I blurted, my voice reaching a few pitches higher. “Skinship? F-For what?”

 

“For the viewers,” she replied as a matter of factly. “In all honesty, Hanna, among all the couples, you and L are the ones showing the least bit of skinship. You two have been on this show for quite a while now but all you ever did is a single holding hands and nothing more than that. The fact that both of you suits each other so well is the only thing that’s keeping the viewers contented but soon enough they’d get bored and would demand more from you. And I think this is the reason the show’s hosting this kind of episode. To bring you and L closer – to finally satisfy the demands of the public.”

 

I was well aware of my mouth hanging open the entire time Ms. Kim was speaking. Skinship? How could I never think about that? Of course people would want more. They’d crave for something other than holding hands. Myungsoo and I can’t just keep on going from places to places. The viewers would demand for something more intimate than that. I felt so stupid for even forgetting.

 

Ms. Kim seemed to notice my anxiety for she suddenly spoke, “You don’t have to worry about anything, though, Hanna. There’d be other couples present so you don’t have to burden yourself too much into thinking that you and L have to do something. You can just let the other couples do it for you.”

 

I’m well aware that Ms. Kim’s only being nice, that’s why she said this. I’ve watched the other couples too and I know how far their skinship has already gone. Jonghyun and Yura had already held hands a number of times. They even managed to kiss already. What more are Goong Min and Jin Young sunbaenim? Those two’s skinship are really way over the top they almost looked like a real married couple.

 

I could feel cold sweat trickling my back as more anxiety kicks in.

 

What am I going to do? What am I supposed to do?

 

I was saved from completely losing my mind when I felt Ms. Kim’s hand on mine. She gave me a light squeeze and a comforting smile.

 

“Don’t stress yourself, Hanna. Just go with the flow. Don’t think too much about what you have to do. Keep the thoughts about skinship away from your head and just enjoy the filming. It will be fun, you’ll see,” she said but it only made little in comforting me. I’m still worried about what’s going to happen later. And how I’m supposed to explain things to Baekhyun.

 

Things are just starting to go smoothly between us again, why does something like this needs to happen now?

 

 

***

 

 

By the time I arrived at the shooting location, the MinYoung Couple together with Myungsoo were already present. They were busy chatting with one another inside an open café when I walked in on them to give proper greetings.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I spoke shyly, quickly dropping my head for a bow.

 

The three of them immediately rose from their seats upon seeing me and greeted back.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Hanna!” Jinyoung blurted in excitement, pulling me into a vicious hug.

 

“N-Nice to meet you too, sunbaenim,” I replied awkwardly.

 

Nam Goong Min stepped in on us and extended his right hand towards me.

 

“Nice to meet you, Hanna-ssi,” he said and I quickly took his hand and answered back. I didn’t even realize through all the commotion that Myungsoo had already taken the spot and is standing beside me.

 

“Oh. Good morning, oppa,” I told him after noticing his presence. I can’t help but check him out from head to toe. Unsurprisingly, he was wearing black and white again. He looked good… as always.

 

“Good morning, Hanna,” he replied, flashing his dimpled smile.

 

“Wow, you two really look good together,” Hong Jinyoung muttered in disbelief. She was shaking her head slowly as she appraised us. I can’t help but suddenly feel so self-conscious. I bit my lip and ducked my head down reflexively.

 

“No joke, aren’t they? I thought they’d be different from how I see them on television but wow…” Nam Goong Min added in agreement to his wife.

 

My eyes slowly moved towards Myungsoo only to catch him staring at me. Our heads flew off towards opposite directions in an instant. I felt myself blush in embarrassment.

 

Apparently, Hong Jinyoung didn’t miss this for she suddenly spoke, “Ya. You two. Be honest with me. Are you dating?”

 

“What?” Myungsoo and I exclaimed at the same time. Our eyes met again but we immediately broke the gaze in utter awkwardness. I could almost feel my face turning a brighter shade of red. Myungsoo was the first one to regain composure.

 

“N-No,” he stammered. “W-We’re not, sunbaenim.”

 

“I don’t believe you,” Nam Goong Min joined in, squinting his eyes as if to examine us more closely.

 

“Really, sunbaenim. We’re not,” I was finally able to say.

 

The couple exchanged meaningful glances before shrugging. They looked like they were about to say something more brutal when the bell of the café rang, signaling someone’s entrance.

 

We all looked back and watched the Jjongah Couple enter.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” they greeted as they joined our small circle. Myungsoo and I automatically bowed our heads in response.

 

“This two… Arriving at the same time…” Jinyoung said, going back to her teasing. Jonghyun and Yura only laughed this one away.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Nice to meet you, L-ssi… Hanna-ssi…” Yura spoke in her sing-song voice as she shook our hands consecutively.

 

Jonghyun followed her by greeting Myungsoo first and then moving over to me.

 

“Hanna-ssi…” he began, his voice so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter