Chapter 34

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 34

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“No need to fuss. Lunch will be served,” Taeyeon said and true enough, Tiffany and her each held a box in their hands. Tiffany dropped hers carefully on the floor and she began waking the boys up one by one. I sat frozen, observing Taeyeon. She seemed to be utterly pleased with what’s happening.

 

The boys jerked up at the sound of their noona’s call and they all sat lost and confused with what’s happening.

 

Taeyeon spoke up, “I prepared some lunch for you guys.”

 

All the other members suddenly perked up at the sound of free food while only one remain indifferent.

 

Baekhyun.

 

“Sit properly, boys. I’m going to start to deliver your food,” Tiffany spoke as she took lunch boxes out of the box she was holding a while ago and handed it politely to the members.

 

I remained transfixed.

 

Tiffany held out a lunchbox for me and I stared at it vacantly for a few seconds before accepting it. I gave her a slight bow as gratitude.

 

Everyone was silent as we waited for what is about to come. Everyone is expecting it. All of us had already received our food – all except Baekhyun. And we all know that Taeyeon is cooking up a surprise for him.

 

I felt my chest tighten.

 

Not in front of me again, please.

 

Taeyeon beamed and suddenly walked towards Baekhyun who only stared at her blankly. She sat opposite him and carefully placed the box she was holding on the floor. Slowly, she took out its contents. Baekhyun’s food, as it seems, were a lot more special than what she had prepared for us.

 

“Since you’re sick, I decided to make yours extra special,” she explained as she continued to fix Baekhyun’s lunch for him. “You need to eat healthier and more plenty if you want to recover fast.”

 

The members and I, even Tiffany, only stared at the two of them. We all know what’s going on. And it felt utterly awkward.

 

Taeyeon was doing all her best to satisfy Baekhyun but all Baekhyun ever did is to stare indifferently at her. He didn’t even dare to speak. Actually, he even looked irritated.

 

I can’t help but feel bad for the girl.

 

The moment was disturbed when another person entered the practice room.

 

Manager Song.

 

She stood surprised at the door for a moment before finally regaining her composure and took on the scene. Her eyes were immediately on me as soon as she had absorbed what’s currently happening.

 

“Hello, Manager Song,” Tiffany greeted, giving her a bow.

 

Taeyeon stood up from her seat and also bowed down.

 

Manager Song only gave them smiles.

 

“Hanna,” she suddenly called out and I sat straight in attention. “You need to come with me. There’s something we need to talk about our plans tomorrow.”

 

I sat staring at her in confusion before she gave me the kind of look that says: What are you doing? I’m trying to get you out of this situation.  

 

Thankful and relieved, I stood up.

 

“Thanks for this, eonnie,” I said, giving both Taeyeon and Tiffany a gratifying bow. I took the lunchbox in my hands and immediately sped off outside.

 

I wasn’t able to stop myself from hugging Manager Song as soon as we were out of their sight.

 

“Okay, okay. I understand that you’re happy but please… no hugging,” she teased as she slowly detached me from her.

 

I hugged her back stubbornly.

 

“Thank you, Manager! Thank you so much! God, you are such a savior. Thank you,” I said over and over.

 

She patted my head affectionately.

 

“No problem, Hanna. I already told you. I always got your back,” she said as she gave me a warm smile. Her eyes shifted on the lunchbox in my hands and she asked, “You’re not planning to eat that, are you?”

 

I stared at the lunchbox hesitantly. I know it’s rude and mean to not eat the food I was given but I don’t think I really have the appetite to do it. I might only end up not finishing the food which otherwise means wasting it.

 

“I know you wouldn’t,” Manager Song said and plucked the box away from my hands. She held onto it tightly and took me by the arm. “Let’s just order a takeout and eat in my office then. Would that be fine?”

 

A surge of relief washed through me.

 

“You are the best, Manager,” I said as I took her hand and pulled her towards her office.

 

 

***

 

 

“Are we really going to talk about tomorrow or was it just your plot in saving me, Manager?” I asked as I swallowed a mouthful of dumpling. We are currently inside Manager Song’s office and we are having a feast.

 

“Half of both, actually,” she said, slurping her jjajangmyeon. “I want to ask you if you have any plans for tomorrow.”

 

“Plans? What plans?” I asked in confusion.

 

“For your first meet-up with L!” she said and she covered in an instant. As if anyone in this room could ever hear her except me.

 

“Your husband,” she corrected in a low voice. “You’re meeting your husband tomorrow. Do you have any plans?”

 

“I thought the WGM staffs would be handling that matter, Manager,” I answered, brows furrowed in confusion.

 

Manager Song rolled her eyes and sighed in frustration.

 

“I know. They are going to. But still…” she broke off and leaned closer to continue, “I want to know if you have any better idea.”

 

I tried to think for a moment but my mind was in no mood to brainstorm. In the end, I gave up.

 

“I’ll just settle with what’s planned out for us, Manager. There already is, isn’t it?” I asked dubiously.

 

Manager smiled a knowing smile.

 

“Of course,” she said. “Want some spoiler?”

 

“No. No. No,” I blurted. “No. Please. No more spoilers.”

 

Manager Song chuckled.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because the last time you spoiled me, Manager,” I burst. “I almost end up telling everyone that I know something. Goodness, I didn’t realize it would be hard for me to suppress it. My tongue almost slips every single time.”

 

This time, she laughed.

 

“Okay, fine,” she muttered. “I won’t tell you. But just… prepare yourself. You might get surprised.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter