Chapter 13

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: As promised, I'll try to make it up to you. Here's another update! Have fun! :---)

 

//

 

 

CHAPTER 13

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

It didn’t even take too long for the news to spread.

 

The next day, all of us were woken up by the sound of Manager Song’s voice echoing all around us.

 

“Hurry up and get ready! We need to get to the company quick!” she shouted, opening the bedroom doors one by one. Luckily, my room was in the farthest end so I had the time to wake up properly even before Manager does the job for me.

 

“Prep yourself up fast, Hanna. The CEO wants to see us immediately,” she told me, definitely calmer than the way she yelled at the boys.

 

“Is this about Kris oppa, Manager?” I asked, still half-dazed.

 

Manager’s eyes immediately softened by the mention of Kris’ name.

 

She nodded.

 

“I think so.”

 

That was all I needed to hear.

 

I immediately shot to my bathroom and took a rushed bath.

 

In less than an hour, all of us were crowded on the living room – ready to go.

 

I was the last one to arrive. My eyes instantly went to look for Baekhyun who was sitting on the couch between Chanyeol and Chen. I walked over to their side and squeezed myself forcibly to sit beside Baekhyun.

 

He didn’t even look at me.

 

But then again, so were the other boys.

 

Apparently, all of them are still in low spirits after the news broke out about Kris suddenly leaving. I almost forgot I was the only one who knew about his reason. He hadn’t talked to them yet.

 

“If everyone’s ready then let’s go,” Manager Song said, standing up from her seat. “The CEO’s already waiting for us. We could just grab our breakfasts in the company cafeteria.”

 

Manager Song headed off to the van and the boys followed without a word.

 

They literally looked like robots – stiff and emotionless.

 

I felt my heart sank.

 

Just how will they be able to perform properly later?

 

The boys boarded the van one by one while Manager Song immediately rode together with the EXO-M members. Usually, the two of us had to argue with one another as to who would ride with whom but now that Kris is gone, there’s no need for us to battle it out. There’s one room vacant for anyone to occupy inside the van.

 

Kris’s absence could really be felt everywhere, I thought sadly to myself.

 

I boarded the van together with the EXO-K members, taking the seat in front.

 

All of us arrived at the company but none has spoken even a word yet. I kept glancing at the boys through the rearview mirror the whole time but none of them seemed interested to speak. Suho kept his eyes fixed on the windows and so were Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Sehun and Kai decided to doze off and continue their interrupted sleep while Baekhyun kept on using his phone.

 

What’s wrong with him? I thought. He hasn’t talked to me nor sneaked a glance at me ever since last night.

 

I didn’t mean to be all too clingy but Baekhyun’s silence is slowly worrying me. I know he’s frustrated and sad about Kris but does he really have to avoid me? Does he really have to keep it all to himself?

 

“Hurry up, people,” Manager Song ordered, already standing in the middle of the parking lot. She clapped her hands and motioned for us to follow her. We immediately left the van and headed off inside the building.

 

Gazes followed us as we made our way towards the CEO’s Office.

 

Looks of pity and worry came from every person that we passed by.

 

Of course, all of them would know. That’s what it’s like in this industry – nothing can ever become private. Every single detail must be known by the society.

 

I felt myself become nervous as soon as we reached the office. It has been quite some time since the new CEO arrived but none of us was still able to cope up with his mood and attitude. He’s definitely unlike the bright and approachable CEO we had before. This man could tame you with just a single word – or probably, without even saying a single word.

 

Manager Song knocked thrice before pushing the doors open. We followed her inside.

 

“At last,” the CEO spoke as soon as we entered. We immediately gave him a polite bow which he dismissed instantly. “I’ve been waiting for all of you. Have a seat.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter