Chapter 45

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 45

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Sol Hanna, will you finally and officially be my girlfriend?”

 

I imagined hearing Baekhyun say those words for what felt like the millionth time.

 

I closed my eyes and leaned against my seat, letting the images of everything that happened last night flash inside my head.

 

It still felt so surreal.

 

Up until now, I still doubt that all those things actually happened.

 

Did he really ask me that?

 

Did he really ask me to become his girlfriend?

 

A soft sigh escaped my mouth and I felt myself smile.

 

“That’s the twentieth time I am hearing you sigh from the backseat, Hanna,” Manager Song suddenly spoke, snapping me out of reverie.

 

I opened my eyes and saw her glaring at me. I cannot help but look away guiltily.

 

“S-Sorry, Manager,” I muttered under my breath.

 

“Sorry…” she repeated with dripping sarcasm. “What’s up with you? Your eyes are shining more brightly than ever and your cheeks are so red it looked like someone literally punched you in the face. And goodness, Hanna… your smile. Can’t you wipe that goofy smile off your face? It’s scaring me.”

 

Manager Song had her brows furrowed in annoyance and she actually sounded like she meant it but I can read her too well to know that she doesn’t really mean everything she said. If I were to translate it, what she really mean is this: ‘You look so happy today, can you tell me what happened?’

 

I sighed again and flashed another bright smile. I don’t think anything can ruin my mood today, honestly. It’s impossible.

 

“Nothing, Manager,” I said, smiling from ear to ear. “Something wonderful just happened last night.”

 

“I know. I could see that well enough,” she countered, motioning towards my entire face. “I want to know what actually happened. So tell me before I finally convince myself that you’ve lost your mind and deliver you straight to the mental hospital.”

 

Manager’s words made me want to roll my eyes at her but her question brought the images back to my head again that instead of showing an irritated look, I actually find myself smiling again.

 

Manager Song looked more freaked out than ever.

 

“Well… Manager… I think I owe you a lot for what happened last night…” I began as I let myself travel back exactly eight hours ago.

 

 

 

“W-What?” I blurted in surprise. What did he just say? Was I hearing him wrong? God, are my ears damaged that I’m suddenly hearing things?

 

Baekhyun seemed to be unaffected by my apparent sour reaction. He repeated his words with the same amount of hope evident in his eyes, “Will you, Sol Hanna, still take me as your boyfriend no matter how late and delayed my question is?”

 

That’s it, I thought to myself, I’m not hearing things. I’m actually hearing him right.

 

Thousands of answers flooded my head all at the same time – different versions of ‘yes’, long and sweet declarations of love… There are tons of things I wanted to tell him, millions of things I wanted to say. But the intensity of the moment made it so impossible for me to think clearly. In the end all I was able to do is kneel down right in front of him, wrap him in my arms, and whisper against his ear as clear and sure as I can:

 

“Yes. Yes, Baek. I will. I most certainly will.”

 

 

 

“So you two…” Manager Song muttered, suddenly standing up from her seat. The driver warned her about it being dangerous but she only shushed him and went back to me – her eyes blazing with the desire to hear more about what happened.

 

I smiled softly.

 

“We’re together, Manager,” I said, a little too breathlessly. “We’re finally and officially together.”

 

Manager Song seemed to squeal in delight but she was able to stifle it by covering immediately. She began to literally bounce on her seat while clapping her hands in merriment.

 

“You heard that? They’re together! They’re finally together!” she exclaimed as she hit the driver’s arm over and over in celebration. I know it ought to piss the man but I actually saw him gazing at me through the rearview mirror.

 

“Congratulations,” he said with a warm smile that made it impossible for me not to return it.

 

“Thanks, Sir,” I answered gladly.

 

“So how does it felt like?” Manager Song asked again, still overflowing with giddiness.

 

Her question made me think back again to what really transpired between Baekhyun and I last night. I sighed and ducked my head just as my lips slowly formed into a small smile.

 

I remembered my shaking hands and fluttering heart. I remembered how magical it felt yet at the same time so surreal and impossible. I remembered the slight fear I’ve felt which was immediately replaced by unexplainable joy and happiness.

 

“It felt wonderful,” I muttered under my breath. I sighed again and shook my head as I try to clear the thoughts away. I looked up towards Manager Song, giving her a warm smile which almost sums up everything I am feeling.

 

She smiled back at me, tears filling up the corners of her eyes.

 

“I’m so happy for the two of you, Hanna,” she said sincerely. “I really wish I could give Baekhyun a hug right now but since he’s not here… let me just hug you.”

 

Although not wearing any seatbelt is technically against the law and is really dangerous especially for someone riding on the passenger seat, the driver didn’t stop Manager Song from leaning towards the back of the van to envelop me into one vicious bear hug.

 

“Are you crying, Manager?” I asked in surprise as soon as I’ve heard her sniffing.

 

She wiped her eyes hastily and looked up to blink her tears away.

 

“I’m… I’m just so happy…” she wailed, fanning her eyes with her hands. “I can’t believe you two have already gone this far…”

 

“We’ve already gone through so much, Manager,” I pointed, suddenly thinking about every problem we’ve faced the entire time we’ve been together. “We’ve gone through so much that it’s almost quite a surprise we even made it this far.”

 

“That’s because the two of you are really meant for each other,” she spoke kindly, cupping my cheek in her hand. We exchanged warm smiles and settled back on our own seats.

 

 

***

 

 

“I’m afraid you have to film alone for a while since L’s still not around, Hanna,” the producer said as soon as I arrived. “You can head straight to your house now so we can start.”

 

“W-Wha---“ I was about to ask the producer for a repeat of instructions when Manager Song suddenly leaped onto the scene and began pulling me towards the set up changing room.

 

“Get your head straight, Hanna,” she whispered harshly. “I know you’re happy and still celebrating about what happened last night but you have to do good today, okay? Right now, you’re on the show and you only have L to focus on. Got it?”

 

“Ah y-yes…” I murmured, scratching my head in embarrassment.

 

Manager Song did a few retouches on my make-up before she finally set me free. I had just boarded the elevator going to the rooftop when my phone suddenly buzzed from inside my pocket.

 

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

 

Good luck on your filming today. I’ll see you later. :)

P.S. I’ve got my eyes on you so be good. I miss you already...  

 

 

A wide smile spread across my face and I can’t help but feel relieved that the cameras weren’t still on for they’ll surely catch me blushing and grinning from ear to ear.

 

I quickly typed in a reply:

 

 

To: Byun Baekhyun

 

Roger that, Sir. Anything you want me to bring you later?

 

 

I hit ‘send’ and checked to see that there’s only five floors left before the elevator doors open and the filming begins. I was about to hide my phone away when it buzzed again.

 

What is this guy doing? Wasn’t he supposed to be practicing? I thought though some part of me is actually flattered by the fact that he’s trying to find time to talk to me regardless of his loaded schedule.

 

I took my phone out again and peeked.

 

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

 

Nah, just bring yourself. All I need is you – healthy and undamaged.

 

 

My hand flew to my mouth as soon as I felt the squeal rise up my throat.

 

Keep your calm, Hanna. Keep your calm, I muttered to myself over and over as I jogged around the elevator. Compose yourself, Hanna. God, how can he still affect you this much?

 

It was only a matter of few seconds after I’ve calmed myself when the elevator dinged and the doors swung open, revealing a number of cameras waiting to record my every move.

 

I took a deep breath, kept my phone inside my back pocket, and headed off towards the house. I crouched down to retrieve the key L and I hid under the mat and unlocked the door. Sure enough, L was nowhere in sight.

 

“I wonder where he is…” I muttered to myself as I scanned the house, looking for something to do. In the end, my feet dragged me towards the kitchen where I decided to just check our grocery supply out of boredom.

 

“We’re almost out of stock,” I said in surprise. Although L and I don’t usually hang around the house, it is still important to keep the refrigerator full because otherwise, why did we even bought it in the first place? I walked over to the cupboards and realized they were almost emptie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter