Chapter 37

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 37

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“We’re having our house!” L exclaimed with gleaming eyes and a triumphant smile. He rescanned the letter given to us while I was left with my mouth hanging open.

 

“H-House…” I muttered, my mind slowly going blank.

 

Baekhyun, his name echoed in my head over and over. How am I supposed to tell this news to him? I know we’ve both anticipated that someday I have to live with L under one roof but why does it have to be this fast? Why are they giving us a house right on our very first meeting?

 

L suddenly stood up from his seat, snapping me out of my reverie.

 

“Shall we go check it out?” he asked, excitement evident in his voice.

 

“Uhh… Sure, oppa,” I replied and hesitantly left my seat.

 

L and I went out of the restaurant after giving thanks to the hospitable crews and headed straight to the car.

 

“Girl first,” he said as he held the car’s door open for me. I gave him a small smile and settled myself on the backseat. He followed soon after.

 

“To this address please, hyung,” he said and handed the driver the mission card. I had to note that he called the man “hyung” instead of “mister”. They must be pretty close.

 

The driver took only one look at the address given and inputted it on the GPS. He returned the card to L with a nod and off we go to our next location.

 

“You okay, Hanna?” L suddenly asked after a few moments of silence.

 

“Y-Yes, oppa,” I answered rather stiffly. “Why?”

 

He smiled and shook his head.

 

“Nothing. I’ve just noticed that you’ve been fumbling your fingers for a while now,” he pointed, staring at the hands on my lap. I stared at it too and sure enough my fingers were all twined together. I must’ve been pretty drowned in my thoughts that I haven’t noticed that I was actually doing it.

 

I immediately pulled my hands apart and gave him a shaky laugh.

 

“I… I guess I’m just anxious about the house, oppa,” I admitted, completely tired of having to lie over and over.

 

L gazed at me for a few seconds before speaking, “Yeah. I’m also quite nervous about how it would turn out.”

 

This almost made me sigh in relief.

 

Good thing he didn’t notice that that’s not what I really meant, I thought.

 

I forced myself to give L another forced smile and went back to gazing out the window. The tensed feeling inside me is slowly making me lose all interest in doing this show. I just want to go back to the dorm and get myself away from all this.

 

But of course, that is impossible.

 

After another long moment of silent driving, the car finally skidded to a stop. I looked out the window and realized that we were parked on the side of a street, a vast building standing right before me.

 

I gaped.

 

“We’re here, Sir,” the driver said from his seat.

 

“Y-You sure, hyung?” I heard L mutter close to me. I hadn’t even realized that he’s also leaning close to my side of the window, gazing at the view outside. Our bodies are only inches apart from touching. He looked just as stunned as I already am.

 

The driver nodded confidently.

 

“This is exactly the address you’ve given me, Sir. The GPS says so,” he answered.

 

L’s jaw literally dropped.

 

“But we’re in front of the MBC building, Sir,” I spoke after finally finding my voice back.

 

The driver turned from his seat to face us.

 

“This is really the place, Ma’am. I’m sure of it,” he answered, still very politely.

 

L and I exchanged puzzled looks.

 

“Don’t tell me…” I muttered as the realization slowly dawned on me.

 

“We’re going to live here,” L said, bravely voicing my thoughts.

 

“In the building?!” I exclaimed, unable to contain it anymore. Just how are we supposed to live in an MBC Station?

 

L sighed and closed his eyes in frustration. Suddenly, he swung the car door open and jumped off. He was on my side, opening the door for me, within minutes.

 

“What are we---“

 

“We’re going to check it out,” he said, cutting me off. “It’s the only way for us to know whether we’re in the right place.”

 

I stared at him in hesitation for a few moments before finally giving up and stepping out of the car. We walked towards the building side by side.

 

“Good Afternoon, Ma’am, Sir,” a lady approached us as soon as we entered the glass doors. We both bowed our heads in response. “Please go to the 16th floor to view your house.”

 

“16th floor?” I repeated in surprise. I turned to L and said, “So we’re really going to live here, oppa?”

 

L‘s face was blank.

 

“A-Are you serious, Ma’am?” he asked the lady. He seriously looked like he’s contemplating about his chances of making a run for it. I also want to get out of here, too.

 

“Yes, Sir,” the lady answered immediately. “For now we will allow you easy entrance to the building but since you’ll be staying here more frequently, you also have to secure your MBC ID’s. I’ll help you get through it soon.”

 

My mouth went slack.

 

“Oh. My. God,” was all I could say as the lady escorted us towards the elevator.

 

 

***

 

 

“They’re joking right? They have to be kidding us,” I muttered over and over as we waited for the elevator to stop. L is shaking his head beside me.

 

“This is unbelievable,” he said. “Really unbelievable.”

 

We were noisily pacing around the elevator when it suddenly stopped.

 

“We’re here,” L announced, his voice a little breathless. I guess he’s just as nervous as I already am.

 

“Ready?” he asked, looking back towards me.

 

I scooted closer behind him and nodded my head.

 

What other choice do we have?

 

Slowly, as if in slow motion, the doors of the elevator swung open and a gush of cold air immediately hit my face.

 

“Oh. My. God,” I said again as my eyes took in the scene right before me.

 

It was only a matter of few minutes before L and I had our hands clutching our stomachs as we almost died in laughter at the extreme hilarity of the moment.

 

 

***

 

 

INTERVIEW

 

 

Interviewer: What did L-ssi meant when he said you betrayed him?

 

Hanna: *looks away and laughs* L oppa and I accidentally met each other days before our first filming. He was very anxious that time so I asked him what he was worrying about. Instead of answering, he simply asked me what I am going to do if I were to marry someone I don’t know. Right then, I’ve realized what he meant. So I asked him if he’s joining We Got Married and he said yes. So I told myself, ‘ah, L oppa could be my partner’. But I only thought about it, honestly. I didn’t even imagine he’d really be the one.

 

Interviewer: What can you say about your first date?

 

Hanna: *blank look* Was that a date?

 

Interviewer: *nods*

 

Hanna: Really? *smiles* I think it’s really nice. It was fun and I enjoyed myself. L oppa is really such a gentleman. He’s very generous and very thoughtful. I find him sweet and caring.

 

Interviewer: Are you disappointed that your husband turned out to be none of your ideal men?

 

Hanna: *chuckles and shakes head* No. No, I’m not. It’s really very comforting that my… uhh… husband turned out to be someone I already knew and somehow close with. It made me feel relieved and a bit more confident, I think.

 

Interviewer: So what do you think of your house?

 

Hanna: *bursts out laughing* It is unique. Very very unique. And it has a lot of character. Really. It’s one of a kind.

 

 

Interviewer: So how was your first day with your wife?

 

L: *blank* I still can’t believe she’s my wife.

 

Interviewer: *chuckles silently* Why not?

 

L: Because… Uhh… *blank again* I don’t know! I just can’t believe it! How can it possibly be her? Who chose her? I really think I need to thank that person.

 

Interviewer: Why did the two of you burst out laughing the instant you saw your house?

 

L: Who wouldn’t? *laughs* No, honestly, it was like an inside joke for Hanna and I. Because our house was at the rooftop.

 

Interviewer: Is there any special meaning behind the rooftop?

 

L: *smiles meaningfully* Hanna and I first met each other on a rooftop. That’s all I’ll share for now.

 

Interviewer: So what can you say about your wife so far?

 

L: I think she’s great. She’s really really great. She’s nice and she gets along with me well. She has some sense of humor in her that I really find cute. She’s adorable. I think I really hit the jackpot in this show. *blushes*

 

 

***

 

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“I’m home!” I sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter