Chapter 32

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 32

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Good job, children. That was an impressive performance,” Manager Song said as soon as we were alone. The WGM Team had already finished packing up and already left. Now I have my freedom to do anything I want.

 

“Manager,” I whispered as I gave her a knowing look that says: it’s time to start our mission.

 

“Oh,” she blurted and cleared . Then, she began to act like a professional actress she undoubtedly is, “Hanna! Now that you’re off your work, would you like to go back to the dorm to check on Baekhyun? Who knows what that kid’s doing in there.”

 

“S-Sure, Manager,” I answered, trying to fake my hesitance though deep inside I am practically squirming in delight.

 

“I’ll have the driver drop you off there,” she said as she took out her phone to give our driver a call. I waited patiently as they speak, my mind instantly filled with thoughts about Baekhyun. After a moment, she spoke again, “The driver will be waiting for you at the parking lot. You better meet him there now. Just make sure that Baekhyun takes his medications okay?”

 

I beamed and hugged Manager Song tightly.

 

“Thanks, Manager,” I whispered as I let her go to bid goodbye to the other members. I was out of the building and into the parking lot in no time.

 

I just can’t wait to see Baekhyun. I wonder what he’s been up to the whole day?

 

As if luck was on my side, I arrived at the dorm in an instant for there were no traffic jams or any road problems we encountered on our way.

 

“Whose car is that on your dorm, Miss?” I hear the driver ask as we entered the gates of the dormitory. I leaned in on my seat to check which car he is talking about.

 

“I’m pretty sure we don’t have any car in our dorm, Sir…” I answered but then I saw it. A slick top-down car parked right beside our dorm, just hidden enough to prevent anyone outside from noticing.

 

“I… I’m not sure whose it is…” I murmured as the van skidded to a stop. I thanked the man for driving me safe home and then he left.

 

I stared at the car blankly.

 

Whose car could this possibly be?

 

In the end, I decided to shrug the idea off. I’d probably just meet the owner of the car inside. But first things first… I need to see Baekhyun. I’ve been missing him so much the whole day.

 

I took my own key out and unlocked the door. I removed my shoes first and placed it on the rack. And then, I began to jog off inside.

 

“I’m home!” I begin to call out as I enter the living room. I feel so giddy and excited. Baekhyun and I will have the dorm to ourselves and we could easily enjoy some moments together without locking ourselves up in our rooms. “Baek, are you---“

 

My words were cut off as soon as I entered the living room.

 

For instead of having Baekhyun on the couch as I had imagined, he was not there. Instead, it was someone else.

 

Taeyeon.

 

So she’s the owner of the car outside, huh?

 

Taeyeon must’ve heard my screaming for she had her eyes on me and they were shooting daggers directly at me.

 

I closed my opened mouth and gave her a hasty bow.

 

Being alone in the room with her, I can’t help but feel so utterly small.

 

Just then, as if on cue, Baekhyun entered from the kitchen – a box of pizza and a bottle of soda held in his hands. Taeyeon stood up at the sight of him and immediately went to help him carry the load.

 

My heart ached just at the sight of them.

 

“Looks like you need to get another extra glass, Baek,” Taeyeon spoke, her tone masking any kind of emotion she’s currently feeling.

 

“What? Why?” Baekhyun asked in confusion.

 

Taeyeon smirked at him and pointed a finger towards my direction as she answered, “Because we have a visitor.”

 

A thousand type of emotions clouded Baekhyun’s eyes as soon as they met mine – fear, horror, surprise, apology… these were only part of the many. But right then, I knew what my eyes portray – pain, betrayal, and disappointment.

 

What is she doing here? Why are you two together? Why are the two of you here alone?

 

I wanted to ask him so many things but all I could do was stare at him.

 

Stare at him and let Taeyeon feed off on my poor pride and ego.

 

“H-Hanna…” he began to speak but Taeyeon cut him off with a hold on his shoulder.

 

“Just go get her another glass so she could join us,” she said and the two of them exchanged long painful gazes before Baekhyun obeyed her and walked out of the room.

 

My eyes followed him as he goes, my heart seeming to break piece by piece with every step he took away from me.

 

“So… You’ve already finished taping?” Taeyeon asked as she took her seat on the couch. For a moment, I could only stare at her. Why does this girl seem to absorb my every confidence and self-esteem every time she’s around me?

 

“Y-Yes… E-Eonnie…” I mumbled stupidly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter