Chapter 8

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da,

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da,

Sarang ha neun Baekhyunie,

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da!”

 

The boys sang once again.

 

We are currently inside their dressing room, prepping up for their comeback stage.

 

The boys are giddy – both with Baekhyun’s birthday celebration and with the performance they’ve worked so hard to prepare for.

 

I heard Baekhyun sigh.

 

“Okay, okay. Thank you. I appreciate that you want to sing for me on my birthday but that’s for the fifth time now. It’s getting pretty tiring to hear,” he blabbered, his brows furrowed in annoyance.

 

The boys exchanged meaningful glances with one another and began another round of the song.

 

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da,

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da,

Sarang ha neun Baekhyunie,

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da!”

 

Baekhyun sighed and shook his head in exasperation.

 

He turned his attention to the mirror, watching himself as their stylist works on him.

 

I giggled and returned my focus on my phone.

 

Even before their comeback, the boys are already all over the internet.

 

Netizens are raving about the battle between them and Infinite. Everyone believes it’s definitely a must see.

 

Our company took in Infinite and now they’re going to make them clash with EXO. What are they thinking? I thought to myself.

 

I was woken up from my reverie when the name of Infinite sounded through the television speakers.

 

I looked up to the mini flatscreen television suspended on the dressing room’s wall.

 

Infinite had begun their comeback stage with the title track Last Romeo while the boys are doing it with Overdose.

 

The room was suddenly filled by the oohs and ahhs coming from the boys.

 

My gaze was fixed on L.

 

He looked a lot different when he’s performing.

 

In less than a few minutes, their performance was over.

 

Manager Song’s head poked out of the dressing room door.

 

“Time to start your performance, boys,” she ordered, a bright smile gleaming on her face.

 

All the boys stood up from their seats and began walking out of the room. I followed them soon after.

 

“Can I watch them, Manager?” I asked dubiously.

 

Now that I have debuted and pretty much people are able to recognize me, I am quite unsure of the chances Manager Song would allow me to watch live again. Of course, I don’t want to make any kind of fuss – especially with the boys’ first day of comeback.

 

Admittedly, I was quite surprised when Manager Song suddenly answered, “Sure.”

 

My eyebrows rose, my eyes widening.

 

“R-Really, Manager?” I blurted in disbelief. “S-Seriously?”

 

She nodded her head and took something from her bag.

 

She handed it to me.

 

A lightstick?

 

“Just some prop to help you in cheering for the boys,” she explained, sensing my confusion. She held me by the shoulders and started pushing me. “Now you better go straight to the studio. One of our stylists had reserved a seat for you.”

 

I gave her a peck on the cheek.

 

“Thanks, Manager! You really are the best!” I told her as I stormed out of the backstage.

 

 

***

 

 

Just like Manager Song said, one of our stylists is waiting for me inside the music hall. I recognized her almost instantly. I’ve seen her quite a few times – handling the boys, and also me. She waved at me from the front row seat and I immediately made my way towards her.

 

I can’t help but notice how people’s eyes – even heads – followed me as I walked to take on my reserved seat. Some fans even began screaming the moment they saw me.

 

“Thank you, noona,” I whispered to the stylist. She gave me a polite nod before going away.

 

The emcees took on the stage.

 

I heard some of the fans whisper behind me.

 

“Wow, she really does her best in supporting her EXO sunbaenims,” one of them said.

 

“I don’t know which of them is luckier – EXO for having a hoobae like her, or her for having sunbaes like EXO,” another one murmured.

 

My head lowered reflexively.

 

What are these people thinking? Don’t they know that I’m hearing everything they’re saying?

 

But the girls still continued.

 

“Do you think one of them is in a relationship with her?” someone asked.

 

I almost choked.

 

“Maybe? Who knows? With a lady as pretty as her, even a female like me would fall in love wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter