Chapter 5

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“You’re going to be okay, oppa. You’re going to be okay,” I kept on whispering over and over as Kris had been taken inside the emergency room. I don’t know if those words were meant to assure him or I was just actually trying to comfort myself after everything that’s happening right now.

 

Manager Song and I were blocked by a doctor just before we entered the room.

 

“Sorry, Ma’am, but you can’t enter inside,” he warned, his arms spread wide before us.

 

Manager Song began to sob again.

 

“Just do everything for him, Sir, please,” she begged, holding on tightly to the doctor’s hand.

 

I almost had to look away.

 

Manager Song had always been the strong and brave woman before my eyes.

 

It kills me to see her this much broken.

 

It’s like a whole new side of her I never would want to see again.

 

The doctor left us and entered the room. I hold on to Manager Song, guiding her towards the benches scattered along the corridor.

 

Why do I always get bad memories inside a hospital, I thought to myself. It’s getting pretty traumatizing to go here now…

 

I felt Manager Song’s hand grab mine, snapping me out of my reverie.

 

“Do you think he’s going to be okay?” she murmured between sobs.

 

I draped an arm over her shoulder, patting her.

 

“I’m sure he is, Manager. Kris oppa is a very strong man,” I answered, giving her a gentle squeeze.

 

Manager Song leaned her head on my shoulder, utterly spent and worn out.

 

“I already noticed how he’d been acting strangely these past few days,” she whispered almost to herself. “I should have acted on it. I should have asked how he’s feeling… If I hadn’t ignored it then… this wouldn’t have happened.”

 

A sob broke through her again.

 

She pushed herself closer to me, burying her face on my neck.

 

“What kind of Manager am I…” she muttered.

 

I closed my eyes again.

 

Why do I have to hear this? I can’t bear to see her like this anymore.

 

In the end, I was left with nothing to say.

 

Manager Song remained hugging me. After a few minutes, I felt her fall asleep.

 

I shifted so I could move her into a proper position.

 

Placing her head carefully on my shoulder, I sat still so as not to wake her up.

 

She’s already been through hell today. She deserves some rest.

 

Sitting alone in an almost empty corridor, various thoughts entered my mind.

 

I remembered how the boys worked double time – almost triple time – these past few days.

 

I should have told Manager about it, I thought. I should have told her how tired and spent they looked. I should have warned her that one day, if those vigorous training goes on, one of them won’t just make it.

 

And I was right.

 

I ducked my head and sighed.

 

This is all my fault, too. I’ve seen these boys suffer more than Manager Song does. I’ve been with them more than she does. I had all the opportunity to ask Manager Song to give them a break but I never did.

 

I felt my heart sank.

 

This wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for me.

 

Manager Song and I remained in the corridor for hours. I was leaning my head sleepily on the wall, Manager still dozed off beside me, when the same doctor emerged from the emergency room.

 

I immediately sat straight, waking Manager up.

 

“What?” she murmured, blinking her eyes.

 

She stood up the moment she saw the doctor.

 

“How was he, Doc? How was Kris?” she blurted, her eyes set widely like she hadn’t just come from a long sleep.

 

The doctor removed his face mask and answered, “He’s asleep. We don’t know for sure what has gone wrong with him but the first thing we have in mind is over-fatigue. We’ll still conduct more tests to determine if there’s any serious damage so for now, don’t worry because he’s already stable.”

 

Manager Song and I sighed almost at the same time.

 

“Thank you, Doctor,” Manager Song spoke, holding her face between her hands. She looked a lot calmer and more relieved now.

 

“C-Can we see him, Doc?” I asked just before the doctor left.

 

He turned and smiled at me.

 

“Of course,” he replied kindly. “Just go to the help desk. They’ll assist you in preparing the papers so he could move to a separate room.”

 

Manager Song nodded her head in understanding.

 

“I’ll go and arrange everything, Hanna. Stay here and wait in case something else happens,” she ordered and hurriedly went off.

 

I took a deep breath and plopped back into the bench.

 

God, I’m about to go crazy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter