Chapter 43

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 43

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“We’re here,” L spoke after almost an hour of travel. I was about to stare outside the window when a hand suddenly covered my eyes, almost making me fall off the seat. I wasn’t able to stop myself from squealing.

 

“Oppa!” I whined, trying to remove his hands from my face.

 

“No peeking,” he said in amusement.

 

“Fine. Fine. I won’t look. I promise,” I answered just to make him stop. L removed his hands from me and I felt him leave the car. He was on my side, opening the door for me, within minutes. I kept my eyes closed.

 

“Give me your hand,” he ordered softly and I obeyed. He held me by the wrist and helped me out of the car. I felt him place another careful hand at the small of my back and slowly guided me as I walked.

 

L stopped and I also did but I could hear nothing except the screams and shouts of girls around us – probably fans. Where has he taken me?

 

“You can open your eyes now,” he murmured to my ear and I’m pretty sure he was standing closely behind me. I sighed and slowly took a peek.

 

The first thing I saw the moment I opened my eyes was the crowd of people surrounding us. They broke out into a fit of cheers as soon as I looked at them. I automatically bowed my head and waved.

 

“Where are we---“ I began to ask but I broke off as soon as my eyes landed on a sturdy-looking gate. My eyes went up towards the welcome sign and the word escaped my mouth a little too breathlessly, “Zoo.”

 

“We’re spending the rest of the day here,” L spoke. “Is it okay with you?”

 

I blinked a couple of times to make sure I’m not dreaming just as a small smile flashed across my face.

 

“A-Are you serious?” I asked, dumbfounded.

 

L went in front of me and he’s frowning.

 

“Don’t you like it? We could go somewhere else if you want,” he offered, obviously disappointed.

 

“No, oppa! I do, I do like it,” I answered immediately. “I just can’t believe you actually brought me here. Why?”

 

The loud cheers around us toned down and people began whispering to one another.

 

“After hearing what you’ve said a while ago, I just…” L began and stopped. He scratched his head and smiled shyly at me before continuing, “A thought suddenly came to my mind. I don’t want my wife to be missing out on anything. I want her to experience everything. So starting today, I will try to fulfill all those things on your bucket list. We’re going to places you’ve never been to one by one and this zoo is our first stop.”

 

Those nearby fans who got to hear L suddenly began squealing frantically while all I could do is stare at him in awe. I hate to admit it but his words actually touched me. He really is one of the most thoughtful people I’ve ever met and I will always remember him for that – even after this show ends.

 

 I blinked and looked away, trying to stop myself from tearing up. Why am I such a crybaby?

 

“Thanks, oppa,” was all I could say as I covered my face to hide my expression. I’m smiling from ear to ear but the tears just kept on threatening to escape.

 

“We still haven’t done anything so don’t thank me yet,” he said, his tone amused. I felt him hold my wrists and he carefully pulled my hands to reveal my face.

 

“Why are you crying?” he asked in alarm.

 

I shook my head and chuckled amidst all the tears.

 

“Nothing, oppa. I’m just so happy, that’s all,” I admitted as I wiped the tears away using the back of my hand. I cannot seem to stop laughing about my stupidity.

 

“Well, I’m just glad you liked it,” L murmured silently and a loud ‘awww’ echoed from the onlookers. He offered his arm to me again and I gladly accepted it. We marched towards the ticket booth and L politely paid for our entrance.

 

He was smiling from ear to ear as the guard to the entrance gate took our tickets and placed a stamp on our hands.

 

“Let’s go?” he asked and just by the look on his face, I’m sure that he’s just as excited as I am for this trip.

 

I enthusiastically nodded my head and answered, “Let’s go.”

 

 

***

 

 

The whole trip to the zoo was a lot more exciting and enjoyable than I had anticipated. L and I didn’t let ourselves leave anything out and roamed the entire park together. He would buy me snacks here and there and we would share it with one another as we continued to walk around.

 

I had a lot of fun sightseeing. I know it may sound a bit childish but I was really having so much fun that I suddenly felt like I was elementary again. Thankfully, instead of being embarrassed, L became very much supportive. He would take wonderful pictures of me with all the animals I like that it almost looked like we’re having a photo shoot. But then I remembered that L wasn’t just any Idol – he’s a self-proclaimed photographer. And today, I’ve clearly realized that he actually has the talent – no doubt about it.

 

“Oppa, look! Over there!” I called out, pointing towards the lion cub held by one of the zoo crews. I immediately dashed my way towards it while L kept a safe distance behind my back.

 

“Can I hold it, Sir?” I asked the crew but L beat the man from answering.

 

“No, Hanna!” he exclaimed. “That’s dangerous!”

 

“It’s okay, Sir. This one’s still a baby. It’s just like carrying a dog,” the man replied politely.

 

“See, oppa?” I told L off and immediately began to pet the cub. He only stared at me like I’m some kind of a lunatic.

 

After a few minutes of playing with the cub’s mane and petting it, the crew finally offered me to carry it. I heard L stifle a gasp.

 

“Y-You sure about that, Hanna?” he stammered, obviously terrified of the baby lion.

 

“It’s okay, oppa. It won’t harm me,” I answered and confidently took the cub from the male crew.

 

I cannot help but giggle as the cub settled comfortably in my arms. I was smiling from ear to ear as I gave small pecks on its head, making L more and more horrified to watch.

 

“I wish I could take you home,” I murmured hopelessly to the cub which only brought another set of feedbacks from L.

 

“What was that, oppa?” I asked, unable to catch what he had said.

 

“Nothing,” he snapped and took his camera. “Just take a picture. One… Two… Three…”

 

The shot was taken and I gladly returned the cub to its caretaker.

 

“I’ll make sure to come back and visit you once you’re a full-grown lion,” I said as I pet the baby one last time. I carefully took L’s hand and attempted to force him to touch the cub but he only ended up screaming and running away. I laughed out loud and finally bid the baby lion goodbye.

 

“Don’t ever do that to me, Hanna,” he warned, his breathing ragged.

 

I cannot help but chuckle.

 

“That cub won’t hurt you, oppa. It didn’t hurt me, did it?” I challenged, trying to put some sense into him, but L only scoffed and ignored me.

 

We roamed around for a few more minutes before we arrived at the Giraffe’s lair.

 

“Shall we go feed them?” L offered, his camera already in his hands.

 

“You won’t be scared?” I teased.

 

He only glared and went inside without waiting for me.

 

“Just hold this up and the giraffes will come to you automatically,” the crew instructed, handing us the plates of bread and other leafy vegetables.

 

L bravely took some in his hand and held it up high. Some giraffes were already walking towards him within seconds.

 

“I’ll take a picture of you, oppa,” I said as removed his camera from his neck. I waited patiently for the perfect moment when one of the giraffe’s would eat from his hand and immediately captured the shot.

 

“It’s perfect!” I exclaimed in glee.

 

“Let me see,” he said as he checked the picture. L nodded and gave me a satisfied thumbs up sign.

 

“My turn,” I said as I copied what L has previously done. I succeeded and within moments L and I found ourselves enjoying our small interaction with the long-necked giants.

 

L was holding the last bits of the food when instead of eating from his hand, the giraffe went all the way to his cheek.

 

I wasn’t able to stop myself from screaming in surprise.

 

“Omo—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter