Chapter 35

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 35

 

[Song Ji Hye’s POV]

 

 

“Hanna, have you---“ I spoke as I entered my office, expecting Hanna to be there. I stopped as soon as I realized she wasn’t. I sighed and shook my head. Aching to get some nap, I walked towards my swivel chair and sat. I noticed a pink note pasted on my desk just before I closed my eyes. I plucked and read it: “Thanks for saving me today, Manager! You really are so much better than Wonder Woman. Love you lots!”

 

I felt myself smile.

 

No wonder Baekhyun fell in love with this girl.

 

A knock on the door woke me up from my reverie.

 

“Come in,” I called and the door slowly opened, revealing the person I least expect to see.

 

“Taeyeon?” I blurted in surprise. I cleared my throat to keep my voice neutral. I asked, “Can I help you with anything?”

 

Taeyeon shut the door closed and slowly made her way towards me. She gave me a polite bow and stood straight. I pointed on the chair across my desk, offering her to have a seat.

 

“There’s nothing I need your help with, Manager Song,” she murmured, her tone emotionless. “In fact, I think I’ll be doing you a favor right now.”

 

My brows furrowed at this.

 

“What do you mean, Taeyeon?” I asked carefully. If there is one thing I’ve learned from all the stories Baekhyun had told me, it is that Taeyeon should not be trusted – at all times.

 

Taeyeon ducked her head, a small smile playing on her lips. She began to speak, “I have an important information to share with you.”

 

She seems to ponder for a moment, waiting for me to speak, but I remained quiet and waited for her to continue. Which she did, “Two of your children are in love with each other. Are you aware of that, Manager Song?”

 

Her words hit me like a slap in the face.

 

I felt myself tense – my hands tightening around my chair’s arms, my knuckles turning white.

 

“W-What do you mean?” I stammered, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. How did she know? Who told her about this?

 

Taeyeon smirked and stared straight at me.

 

“Baekhyun loves Hanna. And it is such a sad coincidence that Hanna loves him back,” she said, a slight undercurrent in her voice. “Do you have any idea such thing occurs, Manager Song?”

 

By the sound of the tone she’s using and the kind of smile plastered on her face, Taeyeon seemed to be too confident that I have no idea about what she’s talking about. It made me more determined to prove her wrong. You’ve already caused too much trouble on my two children. It’s about time you pay something back, I almost told her.

 

Taeyeon remained appraising me as she waited for my answer. I stared back at her with ease. And slowly, I smiled.

 

That is all the answer she needs to have.

 

I watched as Taeyeon’s features slowly turned from surprise to utter disbelief and then to fury. She started gaping at me, eyes and mouth wide open.

 

“You… You knew?” she muttered. “You knew all along?”

 

“What? You think I’m too stupid not to notice?” I challenged. “I spend my every single day with those two. Do you actually think you would beat me in noticing that?”

 

Taeyeon scoffed and shook her head in disbelief.

 

“And you did not dare to stop them?” she demanded, her voice rising higher than what is allowed. “You knew better that that is a thing not allowed in the company, Manager Song.”

 

“And you think your relationship with Baekhyun is?” I countered, making her freeze. I leaned on the desk to take a closer look on her. I continued, “I know every single detail of what you have done, Taeyeon. To be perfectly honest, you should be thanking me for keeping my mouth shut. I can disgrace you in a blink of an eye. I can shatter everything you’ve built within all your years in this industry. So you better not use that kind of tone on me. I am still, and will always be, your superior.”

 

Taeyeon cringe and I knew by the look in her eyes that her shield is already broken. She looked small now, utterly opposite of the tough and confident Taeyeon that walked through my door minutes ago – ready to harm Hanna and Baekhyun again.

 

“Do the other members know, too?” she asked and the answer was easily visible on my face. She smiled again after the sudden realization that she still had some power in her hands.

 

“Don’t ever think about telling them, Taeyeon-ssi,” I threatened my tone dead serious. I stood up from my seat and leaned across the table to have a steady look at her. I continued to speak, slowly emphasizing every word, “Don’t ever dare tell the boys. And don’t ever dare harm Baekhyun and Hanna again. I have kept my silence for far too long and I am not going to keep doing it while you go and get everything according to your way. You’re not the only one who’s good in blackmailing, Taeyeon. I am a master of this game, too. Dare disobey me and I swear I am going to reveal your each and every secret that I know of.”

 

Taeyeon’s gaze was hard but she didn’t speak. I noticed how her eyes and her hands seem to tremble. I wonder how much effort she’s using to stop herself from fighting me back. It’s good that she finally gets to know the wrong people to mess with.

 

“Keep everything I’ve said inside you head, Taeyeon, do you understand?” I muttered under my breath. I leaned another inches closer and whispered in her ear, “Remember that I am aware of the fact that you are behind some of the bullying and other misconducts that happened within the company. You and your bestfriend Yeri… Watch your actions. I may not be able to stop myself from making sure that you two get kicked out of this company.”

 

At this, Taeyeon stood up from her seat and faced me. Every part of her body, from head to toe, seems to tremble in anger. She stood there for a few seconds, threatening me with her eyes, before she finally marched out of my office – banging the door shut behind her.

 

I slumped back on my chair, suddenly exhausted. The conversation with Taeyeon drained the hell out of me. But on the other side, it somehow felt nice. I never knew she’d go that far with her desperation. I never knew she’d even dare destroy Baekhyun and Hanna’s reputation on me. I knew what I just did is wrong and basically against my job as a Manager. But I can’t help it. Taeyeon had made so much mess and it felt utterly nice and satisfying now that she learned her lesson.

 

I hope she does.

 

 

***

 

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“What should I wear? What should I wear?” I mutter to myself as I fumbled around my closet, throwing rejected clothes away, looking for a proper attire befitting the shoot. Tired and hopeless, I slumped down on the floor – my chest rising and falling as I tried to catch my breath.

 

I have been fitting numerous outfits for the past half hour but nothing seemed to be right and suitable. Before I finally gave up, a bright idea crossed my mind.

 

I stormed out of my room and went towards the room of the person I am most certain that could help me.

 

“Tao oppa,” I called out, carefully poking his side. Tao groaned and shifted on his bed. I sighed and tried my luck again. “Oppa. Oppa, please wake up. I need your help.”

 

Tao groaned again but this time, he forced an eye open.

 

“What are you fussing about so early in the morning, Hanna?” he demanded, his voice still groggy.

 

“I need your advice on what to wear, oppa,” I murmured shyly. “Please? Pretty please?”

 

Tao seemed to be irritated for a moment. I flashed him a shy smile and puppy eyes and suddenly, he was up from his bed and on his way to mine.

 

“Goodness, Hanna. Why can’t I even say no to you?” he grunted as he pushed the door to my room open.

 

“That’s because you love me so much, oppa,” I answered, hugging his arm and giving him another round of puppy eyes.

 

He grimaced and pulled his arm away.

 

“Stop acting cute. It’s disgusting,” he scolded though his face clearly states the opposite. I scoffed and let the topic drop.

 

Tao stood in front of my closet, his eyes focused on the pile of clothes scattered on the floor.

 

“What have you done in here?” he asked, horrorstruck. “Your closet literally looks like it had been struck by a hurricane.”

 

I bit my lip in embarrassment.

 

“I told you I was having a really hard time choos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter