Chapter 46

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 46

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Oh my goodness, she’s so pretty!” a woman gushed as she passed by me, her pushcart rattling noisily as she goes. I had just entered the supermarket in my simplest and most unnoticeable outfit, trying not to lure people’s attention into me, when I failed even before I succeeded on buying a single commodity. Who am I kidding? How am I supposed to remain unnoticed when three cameras are scattered all around me?

 

I ducked my head shyly and continued to push my cart towards the meat section.

 

“Is that Hanna?” I heard another lady spoke up, making me lower my head even more. I hadn’t even moved quite a distance when someone exclaimed from behind me, “It’s her! It’s Hanna!”

 

Suddenly, people came rushing from all directions – each of them trying to capture my attention by shouting my name. I sighed inwardly: Well, there’s no running away from this now.

 

I raised my head and pulled off a warm smile. Some began shrieking as soon as they saw my face while some remained silent with their hands covering their mouths in astonishment. I began moving forward again while making sure to drop polite bows to everyone I’m passing through.

 

“Are you filming for We Got Married?” one lady asked, joining me as I walked.

 

I smiled and nodded my head as I answered, “Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“Where’s your husband, eonnie?” a young girl asked this time. “Where’s L oppa?”

 

“He’s on a radio show right now so he can’t come with me,” I replied sweetly as I turned right towards the meat section. God, this supermarket wasn’t even that big. I can’t believe it took me twenty minutes to arrive at the meat section when I’m pretty sure it’s only supposed to be a five-minute walk.

 

I parked my pushcart and began examining the different kinds of meat available. Some people had already left but I could still hear some swarming from my back as they tried to take pictures.

 

In haste to go back to the warmth and peacefulness of the house, I chose the very first beef slices I laid my eyes on. Grabbing 5 packs and throwing it into the push cart, I was already on the fruits and vegetables section when I realized what I took was actually Korean Beef.

 

I’ll surely regret this later, I thought to myself as I tried to calculate how much Korean Beef would cost.

 

It took me a little less than two hours to buy everything I need (quite faster than I had anticipated). If it wasn’t for all the people bombarding me from side to side, I would have spent more time roaming around the supermarket but since I don’t want to make any more fuss, I decided to make it quick – grabbing everything my hand first touches.

 

A lot of people had asked me about L: where he is, why he isn’t with me, what he is doing, how we are doing, etc etc. But one particular question from one particular young girl had captured my attention and actually made me smile: “How’s Baekhyun oppa, eonnie?”

 

I remembered myself automatically skidding to a halt as soon as I heard that question. I had to look around in search for the girl just to smile at her and give her my answer, “He’s fine. Baekhyun oppa’s fine.”

 

“It’s 125, 917 won, Ma’am,” the cashier spoke, snapping me out of my reverie. I handed her my credit card and patiently waited for my purchase to be processed.

 

“Here’s your card, Ma’am,” she said again as she gave me back the card. “This is quite a lot of things you bought.”

 

“Yeah, I was asked to organize a last minute party at our house,” I replied with a scratch on my head.

 

“Some visitors coming?” she asked kindly and I nodded my head.

 

“A handful of boys are coming.”

 

“So that explains the tons of food,” she pointed, chuckling shyly.

 

I smiled at her again and placed everything back to my pushcart, preparing to head back to the house.

 

“I always watch your shows, Ma’am. Fighting!” she said right before I left.

 

“Thanks, eonnie,” I replied and the lady was obviously delighted by the way I acknowledged her. I had to go through a bit more trouble as I made my way outside the supermarket but it was fine. It was sure quite flattering how many people seem to know me but nothing can beat the strange feeling of hearing them tell you how much they love you and how they would always keep on supporting you. It was both heartwarming and inspiring at the same time.

 

 

***

 

 

I dropped the groceries on the kitchen table, put my apron on, and began working as soon as I arrived back at the house. It’s only an hour or so before L comes back from the radio show together with his other members and I am rushing to finish all the dishes right on time.

 

I was searching my phone for a good jam when instead, I suddenly thought of just tuning in to the radio. I typed in the radio station id and the VJ’s voice filled the whole room.

 

“So none of you boys are in a relationship right now?” the male host asked, sending nervous laughter from the members.

 

“No. None of us are in a relationship right now, hyung,” I heard Sunggyu’s voice as I diced the onions.

 

“Though one of us is surely about to get married,” Dongwoo added jokingly.

 

“Oh right! It’s you, right? L? I almost forgot you’re currently in We Got Married!” the host responded enthusiastically.

 

“Ah y-yes, hyung. I am currently participating on the show,” L’s familiar voice echoed through the speaker, making me smile a bit.

 

“With Sol Hanna, am I right?” the host asked again and I had to momentarily pause my cooking in order to listen to how L’s going to respond.

 

“Yes, hyung,” he said in almost a whisper, sending loud hoots from his co-members. I don’t know but something tells me that L was literally blushing when he said that.

 

“Ohhh you lucky guy!” the host exclaimed. “Do you have any idea how many men are drowning in jealousy because of you?”

 

The host’s comment made me feel slightly bit uncomfortable that I had to hastily went back to dicing the onions in order to hide my flush.

 

L took a minute to answer but when he did, his voice was firm, “Yes, hyung. I’m aware that my wi--- I mean, Hanna, is quite famous especially with men.”

 

L’s slip of the tongue raised another series of loud hoots from his audience while I had to turn around and cover my face as I flushed a brighter red. God, why did I even think of listening to this? This is utterly embarrassing!

 

“So you’re calling her your wife now…” the host pointed teasingly. “Is she listening to us right now?”

 

The host’s sudden question made me jump in surprise. I turned around again to wait for L’s answer.

 

“I-I’m not sure… I don’t think so, hyung. She must be busy doing something in the house,” he answered hesitantly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter