Chapter 29

Star-Crossed: Hidden and Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 29

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

I was running along the corridor back to the boys’ practice room when a person stepped on my way, making me come to an immediate stop.

 

“E-eonnie,” I blurted in surprise.

 

Taeyeon stood before me, stunning and practically flawless.

 

“I can see you’re in a rush,” she said in a tone that brought goosebumps along the back of my neck.

 

“Uhh… Y-Yes, eonnie…” I replied hesitantly. What does she want from me?

 

“Where are you heading to?” she asked though by the look in her eyes, I can say she already knows the answer.

 

“T-To the practice room, eonnie.”

 

Why are you stuttering, Hanna? Why are you letting this girl unnerve you like this?

 

Her lips turned up to the side.

 

“Is Baekhyun there?” she asked and I almost had to immediately tell her no.

 

“Y-Yes. I think he’d be right there,” I answered though something inside of me has been reminding me that this is a bad situation and I’d better leave to save my life.

 

This time, she actually smiled.

 

“Can I ask you to deliver me a message for him?” she said and my mind went: here she goes…

 

“Of course, eonnie,” I lied and the smile I gave her took me more effort than I had imagined.

 

She took a step closer to me and whispered close to my ear, “Please tell him that his girlfriend will be waiting for him at the cafeteria. I’ve already texted him but he doesn’t reply. Tell him I’ll get really really upset if he doesn’t come.”

 

 I heaved a deep breath before answering, “S-Sure, eonnie. I’ll tell him.”

 

Taeyeon patted my shoulder and smiled.

 

“Thanks, Hanna.”

 

I willed myself to give another forced smile and bowed my head to express that I’m about to leave. I just can’t take this atmosphere any longer. Some part of me feels that Taeyeon already knows Baekhyun and I’s secret and she’s only doing this to provoke me. But other part of me felt utterly small.

 

Just how can I compete with her?

 

After she dropped that ‘girlfriend’ word, I lost. I definitely lost. Because even though she only forced Baek into being her boyfriend, in the eyes of many, she’s still the legitimate girl. And me? I’m only legitimate in Baekhyun’s opinion and of course, myself. How is that even comparable?

 

“Oh and another thing, Hanna,” she spoke again, one of her hands wounding around my wrist.

 

Biting the insides of my mouth hard enough they bled, I turned around to look at her.

 

“I heard you’re joining We Got Married,” she said and the sparks in her eyes tell me that she’s enticed by the news more greatly than anyone else.

 

“Uhh, yes… I am…” I murmured. God, why is she being like this?

 

She smiled an all-teeth smile.

 

“Well, congratulations. I hope you’d have fun,” she told me and by that I knew she actually meant it. “I have a piece of advice for you.”

 

I don’t need it, I almost snapped at her but I stayed put to listen.

 

She continued, “Since Seo had already joined that show before… and I already did. I just want to tell you this. If you think you’re falling in love with your partner, don’t stop yourself. Just go with the flow and let it all be.”

 

Then I wasn’t able to help it. I furrowed my brows at her.

 

“What do you mean, eonnie?” I asked though some part of me already knows that she’s only doing this to give me that idea of falling in love with someone other than Baek. She really knows how to play her game, does she?

 

She shrugged and smiled sweetly as she explained, “I don’t know… I’m just aware that in that show, there are really great chances of falling in love with your partner. I’m not saying I fell in love with mine but… I think you have a fair chance. Do you know who your husband’s going to be?”

 

“I don’t,” I snapped and I almost had to recover myself to keep her from seeing how much she’s already provoked me. “Eonnie.”

 

She smirked. She noticed it.

 

“Well just goodluck then. I’m really going to look forward to your appearance,” she said and walked away, leaving me fuming with anger on the empty hallway.

 

Now that I had experienced it, I think I just gained a better understanding of why Baekhyun feels that way towards L. But goodness, Taeyeon is on a different level. She is a greater opponent than I think she is.

 

 

***

 

 

“And where did our princess came from?” Luhan asked as soon as I entered the practice room. I can almost feel my anger slowly slipping away just by being with these boys. They’re like eleven balls of fluff, happiness, and delight. Though I had to admit mentioning eleven instead of twelve still makes my heart tighten, even now.

 

“From the rooftop, oppa. I just went up to call my parents,” I answered and Baekhyun’s eyes shot towards me the moment he heard the “magic word”. I gave him a slight nod to answer the question in his eyes. Yes, I’ve seen him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter