Chapter 49

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 49

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Please don’t do anything that could hurt, Baek. He loves you more than you’ll ever know.”

 

The words echoed inside my head again.

 

Why did Manager Song said that?

 

Is she doubting my love for Baekhyun?

 

Is she thinking I don’t love him enough?

 

I my bed, my eyes focused on the ceiling. I watched as the moonlight passing through the sliding doors casts dancing shadows above me.

 

I felt myself relax a bit.

 

“Earth to Hanna,” I heard Baekhyun whisper beside me. I sat bolt upright, almost hitting the cup he was holding. “Whoa there, sweetheart. Be careful,” he said as he moved his hand away just in time.

 

“I’m sorry,” I muttered under my breath. I hadn’t been myself since the time I arrived back home. The other members noticed it but they only passed it off as the after effect of working too much.

 

“I wonder what you have in mind that could make you so pre-occupied like that,” he mused, offering me one of the cups. I gratefully took it. “Careful, that’s hot!” he warned but it was too late. I already took a sip and it burned my mouth.

 

I coughed, feeling the swollen sensation on my lips.

 

Baekhyun immediately placed his cup on the floor and held my face, leaning in to get a closer inspection.

 

I blushed instantly.

 

 “You burned yourself,” he said, his voice filled with worry.

 

“I… I’m okay,” I tried to say but he’s already gone towards my bathroom. I sighed and also placed my cup on the floor next to his. After a moment, he came out – a tube of toothpaste in his hand.

 

He sat beside me on the bed and carefully placed a decent amount of toothpaste on a Q-tip.

 

“This may sting a bit,” he said as he slowly touched the Q-tip on the burned part of my lower lip.

 

I flinched.

 

Baekhyun chuckled, “I told you it would sting.”

 

He placed the Q-tip away and tapped my lip gently with his thumb, blowing on it as he goes.

 

“Does it still hurt?” he asked.

 

I shook my head. “Not anymore. Thanks.”

 

He nodded and leaned away.

 

“Is something wrong, Hanna?” he asked, worried again.

 

I stared at him.

 

Should I tell him what Manager Ji Hye said?

 

I blinked and tried to give him a smile.

 

“Nothing, Baekhyun,” I lied. “I’m just tired, I guess.”

 

“Variety’s exhausting, right?” he agreed, thankfully letting the topic drop.

 

I stretched my arms wide and gave him a hug. Resting my head on his shoulder, I spoke, “Yeah. I feel like every bit of my energy was drained out of my system.”

 

I felt him chuckle. “What did you do exactly?” he asked.

 

My heart skipped a bit.

 

Panicking all of a sudden, I untangled myself from him.

 

“Nothing, really,” I said, even shaking my head in denial.

 

Baekhyun seems to see through this. Leaning so close that I almost had to move further back, he questioned with his eyes narrowed down, “I don’t believe you did nothing there.”

 

I gulped.

 

What should I tell him?

 

That Doni and Coni tortured me?

 

That they squeezed me with every detail about my biases?

 

That I just chose Sungjae and Myungsoo on live cam?

 

My heartbeat began to accelerate, my palms sweating at the same time.

 

I bit my lip and shook my head rapidly.

 

“Just wait for the episode to air. I won’t spoil,” I said, trying to get away.

 

Baekhyun seemed to ponder about this. After a while, he nodded his head. “Very well. I’ll just wait for it next week.”

 

I let go of the breath I was holding.

 

Three days.

 

The episode won’t air until Wednesday.

 

I still have three days of peace before the war breaks out.

 

This literally feels like the calm before the storm.

 

I hope Baekhyun wouldn’t make a huge fuss about it and just understand.

 

I remember Manager Song speaking once again, “If this is about Baekhyun… Don’t worry. He’ll understand.”

 

I shook my head to clear the thought away. Manager Ji Hye has been bugging me the whole day. I just want to rest and forget about everything for a while.

 

“You okay?” Baekhyun asked, noticing me again.

 

I didn’t answer yet wounded my arms around him again. He smelled of soap and shampoo – the usual way he smells when not wearing his signature perfume. I pressed myself closer to him.

 

“Aren’t you being all too clingy tonight, Miss Sol?” he teased but kept his hands on top of mine. I shook my head and remained quiet. “Why? Did you do anything wrong that you’re already trying to make up for it?”

 

My eyes widened and I bit my lip.

 

How did he know?

 

Sensing my sudden stillness, he removed myself from him and stared at me from arm’s length.

 

“You did, do you?” he asked, suspiciously inclining his head to the side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter