Chapter 32

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

What?

 

I raised my brows even higher.

 

I don’t understand any reason for him to glare at me. I’ve been in a pretty good behavior myself. If he’s afraid that I did something to his girl a while ago, then he’s wrong. I wonder what she told him about...

 

He rolled his eyes at me and turned away, shaking his head in disappointment.

 

I scoffed, barely believing in what’s happening.

 

What does he mean by that?

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep, Han Na?” Kyungsoo suddenly spoke, catching my attention. I let my gaze leave Baekhyun and wander off to him. I didn’t even realize that the other boys have gone already. There’s just the three of us in the room right now.

 

“Uh... I think I’ll watch some shows first before heading to bed. I’m not yet that sleepy, oppa,” I replied as I grabbed the remote control and turned the television on, settling into some drama I haven’t seen before.

 

“Just let her, Kyungsoo. She’s just probably stalling some time to wait for Manager to send her Taeyong’s pictures,” Baekhyun said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

I glared at him.

 

Well, if that’s how you want to play the game. 

 

“Oh, right. Maybe I am, oppa,” I lied. I tried to make my voice as gentle and sweet as I can manage. “I’m really curious about him. Just the way Manager spoke of him...” I added as an afterthought.

 

This seem to annoy him. He scoffed and headed upstairs without any word. Kyungsoo remained standing and watched him as he go.

 

“He’s having his tantrums again,” he said while shaking his head. He turned to me. “Well, I’ll sleep now Han Na. Don’t stay up too late, okay? Goodnight.” 

 

Kyungsoo gave me a light kiss on the forehead and left.

 

I slumped on the couch the moment I heard his bedroom door shut.

 

Finally, an alone time again.

 

I sighed and fixed my attention at the television screen. I turned the volume a few levels up, just loud enough not to disturb the boys. I twisted and the couch, looking for a comfortable position.

 

After a few minutes...

 

“Aish,” I exclaimed as I threw the remote control away from me. This is just not going to work. No matter how hard I try to make myself busy, Baekhyun’s face always finds time to show itself inside my head. Why am I always so bothered about him? Why am I feeling bad for lying to him? 

 

I ruffled my head and laid down on the couch, not wanting to watch the drama anymore. 

 

I seem to fall asleep for I was suddenly awoken by the sound of my phone. Snapped back to reality, I fished it out of my jean pocket. 

 

There were 9 messages from Manager Song.

 

My phone buzzed again.

 

10 messages.

 

11 messages.

 

The messages kept coming.

 

It only stopped when it reached 33.

 

I raised an eyebrow. What is Manager doing?

 

I opened the messages and what I saw actually surprised me.

 

Picture after picture of a boy, probably around my age, dominated my inbox. I scrolled down to the bottom page - to the very first photo - and began to look directly into the boy.

 

“Well, at least Manager wasn’t kidding. This boy really has the looks,” I said to myself after going through five of his photos. I continued scrolling and felt my jaw drop in awe. He’s really good-looking, I thought appreciatively. 

 

A new message came just before I reached the last picture.

 

“Did you enjoy it? I told you he’s gorgeous!” Manager said in her text. I wasn’t able to stop myself, I let out a giggle. She’s just too cute when she’s letting her feminine side out. 

 

I decided to give her a reply. 

 

“Yes, Manager. You really weren’t kidding. He’s handsome,” I typed and hit send. I laid back on the couch and laughed to myself, the hilarity of Manager’s actions getting on me. She really overdid herself. She sent me thirty three photos of the boy in every angle possible. I wonder where she got all those...

 

My phone buzzed again.

 

Another text from Manager.

 

“See! <3 <3  <3″ 

 

And then I can’t help it. I laughed. I laughed way too hard. Gosh, she really sounded like an actual fangirl. Trying to just go with the flow, I sent her back a reply filled with dozens of pink hearts. I don’t want to be a killjoy and end Manager’s happiness, I’ll just ride with it as long as I can.

 

I mean, the guy’s gorgeous, he really is. But he doesn’t appeal to me that much. I’ll just leave him to Manager, I thought and giggled to myself.

 

I was too absorbed in my conversation with Manager Song that I only realized the presence of another person in the room  just after he spoke.

 

“Enjoying yourself, huh?” he said as he walked by, just loud enough for me to hear. He went straight to the kitchen without looking at me and passed by me again as he ascended the stairs, a glass of water in his hand.

 

Baekhyun.

 

‘Til when does he plan on giving me that kind of attitude?

 

***

 

“I’m sorry, boys, but I don’t think your favorite audience can make it today,” Manager Song said as we stepped out of the van in the company’s parking lot. We decided to drop by here early in the morning to gather the boys’ attire for later’s performance and probably to spend some time at the practice room again. 

 

“Huh? What? Why, Manager?” Sehun asked, his forehead creased.

 

“I have some other things for her to do,” she replied, giving me a wink.

 

Well, this is news to me. I don’t remember Manager Song telling me anything about an appointment today.

 

Kai let out a deep breath. “Don’t tell me this has something to do with that Taeyeong again, Manager.”

 

“Well, actually, it has,” she answered, flashing Kai an apologetic smile. He only shook his head.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun spoke. “Ah, this is giving me a headache,” he muttered as he walked towards the entrance to the building, his head held between his hands.

 

What ‘s wrong with him?

 

I followed as Manager Song entered the building, staying closely by her side. “What am I going to do, Manager?” I whispered as we walked.

 

“I’m going to let you meet him,” she whispered back.

 

“Do I really need to do this, Manager?” I asked again. I am starting to become more and more confused if this really has something to do with my job or Manager Song just suddenly took interest on becoming a matchmaker.

 

“Of course. You’ll work with him. You need to build up your chemistry as early as possible,” she replied.

 

I almost had to roll my eyes. Manager Song just always has the right answer and explanation for everything.

 

We entered the elevator. Manager quickly pressed the 4th floor button, stopping Suho from pressing three. Suho looked at her questioningly, his hand suspended mid-air. “What are we going to do at the fourth floor, Manager?” he asked.

 

“Not we. Only her,” Manager answered, pointing directly at me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter